Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

10,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

caffye west [/color ]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x x x x x User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noob

10,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
  • There's not much to say about the small town of Storybrooke. A town that sustains itself, moves at its own pace and acts like a large extended family. Many of its inhabitants grew up there, took on a family business much older than themselves and expects to stay there for the rest of their life. They're not even large enough to merit getting their own college, with those wanting to pursue a higher education having to leave town. But in the end, most who leave for a while return, accepting that the small town was their home.

The only way to leave and enter the quiet neighborhood is by a twice daily ferry service, which travels across Triton Lake and to the slightly larger and more populated city of Ananii, then back to Storybrooke. Upon leaving the dock and small beach area, you'll be greeted by the town's favourite and only restaurant, which doubled as the only place to serve liquor as long as it's past six. It's somewhere between the lakeside and the town proper, although the proprietors would argue they're closer to the water. Continuing past, you'll end up in the town's main street. It's the busiest area, and probably noisiest, thanks to the fact the place houses all the major businesses. City hall sits at the end of main street, looking as imposing as ever. You'll also find emergency response at the corner just before you turn to the residential area, but they don't get much action other than the occasional lost item or kitten stuck in a tree.

The town's inn is just outside the residential area, but nearer to Main Street to keep things convenient for the few tourists that come by. Continuing along the winding roads, you'll be able to study the quaint neighbourhood and the fact that the house lots were haphazardly put. Someone had taken the time to do rudimentary landscaping on the small awkward bends. It lent the place its own charm. One of the houses is actually a clinic, labelled simply by a sign in front indicating its purpose. Somewhere along the way you should've found two large fenced in areas; the signs and the noise of children's laughter should indicate that the place was Storybrooke's elementary and high school. Go further past, and the houses should give way to neat rows of various plants and pastures of grazing animals. Congratulations, you've found the farm and ranch.

By now you should've reached the end of cobblestoned paths. If you keep going (or ask for directions), you should find a small dirt path that goes into the woods. Don't be afraid; people go through it often enough that there shouldn't be any dangerous wild animals nearby. At the end of the road, and you'll probably be covered by leaves when you get there, you should find a small shrine and house. If you're lucky you might find the resident priest/priestess free and s/he'll invite you for tea. They'll lead you down back, and you'll sit sipping as you look at the clearing filled with flowers. If you ask, they'll explain their tradition of conducting cremation on the dead, then releasing their ashes in the field of flowers.

So all in all, that's what Storybrooke can boast. It's a small town, but rather quaint and picturesque. If you need time to relax and think about life, it's a good place to go. And if you happen to fall in love with it, well, there's still plenty of room. They're not going to turn into a bustling city anytime soon.

• Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    caff User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
  • I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that insulting anyone, whether me, one of the mods, or anyone in the roleplay, is blatant disrespect. You can expect your a** out of here faster than the speed of light. That also goes for theft and plagiarism. If you're caught, you can expect me to unleash hell on you. If you know anyone in this roleplay who stole something, whether you're outside it or in it, feel free to tell me. There's a large difference between getting inspiration and blatantly copying, by the way guys.

• As always, shy away from perfection when creating the character's personality. I won't limit the nationality of your characters, although I will have to draw the line if I see ten different Japanese or Russian characters who all happened to move into Storybrooke. If their name is strange because of their birth heritage (as in, they're not originally a citizen of the country), I won't really count it~ Typical names in Storybrooke tend to be American or at least English. Yes, your characters may have a different gender from their birthsex, or none at all. I will however, have to keep a balance of a sort. While I won't be picky if the difference is only 2 to 3 characters, when the girl:boy ratio is 5:1 then we're going to have to talk. Also, please plot with other people! The main focus of hm roleplays is character interaction. c:

As for how fairytales are linked, each shop/business falls under a fairytale. The fairytale is usually decided by the first person who applies for a spot in the shop, but can be changed. You're also free to pick a name. Now all characters under that shop should be based on a character from their respective fairytale. There's no need to follow the original sex/gender of the character. If you want a male Alice, be my guest, and so on. It's preferable you stick to better known ones, but if you're the only character in a particular shop, I'm not going to stop you. Just keep in mind that in the future I may add a character slot to the shop depending on interest. And just because I listed your character as alone in a shop, it doesn't have to be the case npc-wise. o u o

• You'll find the application and profile codes in the app thread, as well as additional info regarding both. However, do keep in mind that while we are striving for decent literacy, we lean towards activity. You'll have to be comfortable with us going through your posts and checking to see if you ever follow up to actually posting in any roleplays you've applied for. There are several people who are guilty of doing this and we don't tolerate it. For plus points you should link any roleplays that can verify your activity in your introduction. Believe me, it helps.

I will add more shops and other things if the interest is high enough, but for now these are all I can think of that are absolutely necessary in a town. Oh, by the way, if I use the male name of an occupation (like waiter vs waitress), it doesn't necessarily mean the character should be male.

After being accepted, you will be given a week to finish your profile. If you need an extension, you will be given an extra three days. If you still can't finish your profile by then, consider your spot lost.

• As mentioned earlier in the introduction, Storybrooke doesn't focus much on literacy, although we do require a good grasp of English. What we are strict on is activity. Every week we'll have a mod prod, which lists down those who've failed to post for the past seven days. Now, don't take these as a warning, but consider them a gentle reminder to post. However, be listed in enough mod prods (specifically, three), and you will then be kicked out if you fail to respond and explain your absence. As always, tell us ahead of time if you can't post for the next few days.

Post layouts aren't a must, but they're appreciated. c: Also do chat in the OOC or skype. ; A ; Please. It makes me sad when I don't have backlog to read. I like chatting with people.

• Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100
    ... LAKESIDE HOUSES
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
      • TRITON HOUSE #O1 EMPTY
        TRITON HOUSE #O2 VEGAN LEONNE - ASK FIRST
        TRITON HOUSE #O3 EMPTY

... MAIN STREET TOWNHOUSE
      • TOWNHOUSE #O1 CASPIAN FINLEY
        TOWNHOUSE #O2 CLEMENTINE LEIGH - LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE
        TOWNHOUSE #O3 HAYDEN RICHARD
        TOWNHOUSE #O3 DENVER BRITTON

... WHITE ST. RESIDENTIAL AREA
      • WHITE ST. HOUSE #O1 EMPTY
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O2 EMPTY
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O3 OSWALD DUNCAN
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O4 KUROKU SEIICHI
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O4 YUU SEIICHI
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O4 YONGMEI JIN
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O5 LEIKO NOBUNAGA
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O5 MARIA DE CLERCQ
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O6 LIA CHANTAL
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O6 PIMEA KOLIKKO
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O6 PAIVA KOLIKKO
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O7 BARTHOLOMEW AXELROD
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O8 EMPTY
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #O9 EMPTY
        WHITE ST. HOUSE #1O RICARDA DURANTE - LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE

INNKEEPER'S ROOM ZION SILAS PIERS - LOOKING FOR A ROOMMATE

INN ROOM #O1 EMPTY
        INN ROOM #O2 YUN MI KWON
        INN ROOM #O3 ALISON LIODEL
        INN ROOM #O4 CERAH P'ERI
        INN ROOM #O4 LENNON EMERSON

... STEFAN FOREST HOUSES
      • STEFAN FOREST HOUSE #O1 ADLER MICHAELS
        STEFAN FOREST HOUSE #O2 EMPTY
        STEFAN FOREST HOUSE #O3 FI FAIRBURN
        STEFAN FOREST HOUSE #O3 MARKUS WICKER

... FARM AND RANCH HOUSE
      • RANCH HOUSE #1 EMPTY
        RANCH HOUSE #2 EMPTY

• There's no limit as to how many people can live in each, except for inn rooms, which are limited to two per room (kids are not counted towards this). For all you know the house is a sprawling mansion lololol. Anyway, if you want me to add a house to the farm, just plot with the farmer/rancher then throw a request my way. I'll probably approve it. If they run out of houses in white street, I'll add a few. If you're looking for a roommate just tell me and I'll add an alert up here so people know although I'll probably add that to the app codes. Just in case you change your mind. c:

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100
  • Storybrooke is aware of technological advancements, so they're not going to flip when someone busts out an iPad or talks on their phone. It's just that the place is so out of the way, cell signal's weak to non-existent. Most people opt to just physically find the person or ask someone else to pass a message. You can have a laptop, but none of the shops offer wifi so you won't see any teens hunched over their laptops at Seven Red Apples anytime soon. You can have internet in the comfort of your own home, and you can have gaming devices. Do take note however, that most of these items will have probably come from Ananii, the neighboring city.

There are only four vehicles in Ananii. Two of them belong to the farm and ranch, a truck and a tractor. The third is owned by city hall for... well, the most use they get out of it is for pulling floats during parades. LOL. The police own two motorcycles but they're no longer really sure if it actually works because how much use do they actually get out of it... And then there's the firetruck which you use for rescuing kittens from trees. You can have bikes, skateboards, scooters (can be motor or not; typically electrical if it has a motor). Gas has to be requested from the ferry captain and he'll pick some up for you in Ananii during his next trip.

• I'm going to say Storybrooke is located somewhere farther up north, just straddling the border between Canada and the US. We're totally going to ignore the actual climate in that area. Currency used is in USD, and the price of goods is much the same. Probably cheaper if it's stuff like food considering they have their own farm and ranch so products and ingredients will be locally sourced. Hello not having to pay for distribution and shipping ~/o/ However, it's not uncommon for the residents to barter instead of using money. To be frank, that's probably how it usually goes. Special ingredients and things the farm/ranch doesn't produce can be ordered via call or online, and have it delivered to the Ananii's docks where the ferry captain will pick it up as soon as he can. Some goods may be marked up to tourists, especially when festivals are nearing and there's a small boom in Storybrooke's visitors.

• Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Survivor 150
    • Timid 100

Noob

10,400 Points