Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you ready to get money then be labeled as pirates?

Hells ya 1 100.0% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Quotable Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Under what may be unusual circumstances, a group of mismatched but oddly fitting people have come together. They have each come together under the idea of learning how to reenact times long since past. They boarded the ship Moirae under the tutelage of an eccentric but well meaning man - Mister Kurtis. They came willingly for one reason or another to learned how to work together within the span of six days. The goal was simple - learn how to live in a manner similar to the eighteenth century ship crews used to within the span of three days. They traded in their modern clothing for period-like articles and handed in anything that could not have existed back then for safe keeping - cell phones, all the like.

They trained for six days, each with their own field of expertise. Some had more knowledge about ships than others - such as the Sailors - while others knew how to deal with daily hardships like the Cook and the Supply manager. There were others of course, and they all worked together over the six days deprived of the majority of modern conveniences in preparation for the seventh days competition.

On the sixth day, however, as lessons about how to come to port played out, Mister Kurtis and his daughter got into an argument. When she came back and they started out to the shallow levels of the sea once more, the crew found that Mister Kurtis was no longer on board. So in the absence of her father, the younger Kurtis took over the helm and had them stop for the night with the instructions that they'd make port in the morning once more to find Mister Kurtis so they could compete.

Only, when morning came...everything had changed. There was subtle things like the air smelling different. Or the fact that the sky even seemed to be a slightly different color. It wasn't until they came back to shore that the crew found out the real difference. Where there had just been a docking station...there was now a town. A town that seemed very out of time.They soon found out that the town wasn't the thing that was out of time. They were.

The year is now 1755. And Lady's and Gentlemen...the crew is now stuck in it. They seem to have gotten stuck with something else - somehow the longer they stay off of the ship and away from one another, the closer to death they get. Now they are bound not only to time but to the ship and one another. With powers that they did not have before growing as they learnt to use them to survive and dare we hope thrive in this time. Not only that but they'll have a lot more to discover than how to survive in this time. A lot that either the world forgot or was made to forget...

Quotable Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Level - This is what I call a lazy lit roleplay. I'm going to assume that you know the Gaia Tos by now. I expect 15 sentences minimum per post with an attempt at grammar. As for the amount of times you have to post let's say a post a week if possible. As for absences All we ask is that you make sure you let us and other roleplayers know when you'll be gone for long periods of time by posting in the chat thread.

Posting Formats - I don't ask for much in the way of decoration for your post. I would just like to see a picture of your character and your Character's name. Fonts sizes...please try to keep it at or above size 11 and be thoughtful with the colors - not everyone has perfect vision. I also ask that you write in a 3rd person variation.

Characters Amounts - You can have no more than 2 character at any given time. If you're playing a female, your second character must be male as I find it's easier to recruit female characters.

General Character Rules - Character's were not forced on to the ship in the first place, so they should not act like it. It's fine to have introverted characters but not to have clinically anti-social behaviors. Character's should also be in a position to contribute to various interactions and not just be useless lumps. Real life pictures only. And please keep in mind that your characters image(s) should represent your character as a whole (basically don't pick a slutty picture and play a nun type of deal). Try and look for actors/models who would fit into the 18th century. If you want some ideas, feel free to ask.

Character Items - They signed up under the idea that it was a reenactment so things like guns and bow and arrows would be out of the question. A knife might suit, but it would either have to be for the job and hidden or done in a fashion that was made back in the time. When they sign up, they are given the option of either accepting or declining the male or female reenactment kit. If they decline they were then expected to bring their own period piece clothing.

Roles and Abilities - The roles you take should be directly tied to the skills that your character has. They can be going to school, already in the field, or whatever. The powers they get once they go back in time on the ship will be because of their roles.
                            Powers based on Roles
                            The Captain - Will have projection based powers, so they can make people experience exactly what they're thinking or imagining. Can use this as sensory illusions or emotional influence (not control so much as giving out vibes).

The Navigator - Will have advanced senses. Very heightened sight (day and night), hearing, sense of smell and touch. They will also be a walking compass - knowing exactly how something is moving in relation to the poles.

The Master at Arms - Will be able to mimic anyone's movements once they see it. They will also have an innate knowledge about how to use objects once they'd come into contact with them. They will also have precision accuracy.

Medical Personnel - Will have the ability to heal others rapidly without any personal cost to themselves outside of time and energy. Will also be able to heal themselves from any wound without conscious thought.

First Sailor - Has a connection with the water. Will have the ability to breathe underwater and swim at speeds known only to marine mammals such as dolphins. They are also able to withstand colder temperatures and larger amounts of pressure. Will also have bio-luminescence.

Second Sailor - Has a connection with the wind. They will be able to levitate, glide with the wind, and short distant flight. They also seem to take less damage from impacts as well as have increased speed.

Third Sailor - Has a connection with the land. Has the ability to phase through organic objects and seem to have limited gravity defiance as they can fade up through an object just as well as they can phase down through one. They will also be able to phase any biological or organic substance with them through other surfaces so long as they are connected.

Forth Sailor - Has a connection to heat. They can make things get hotter, and if they focus can heat something up to the point of combustion. Or they protect against the heat from a sun or fire within a short radius.

Ship Cook - Anything they cook can sustain the human body far beyond what it's ingredients should allow for. Any food substance they touch will also be purified of contaminants making it safe for everyone to consume. They will also know when something is poisonous and will be able to neutralize any poison they come into contact with.

The Chemist - Will be able to replicate via perfect understanding of any formula they come into contact with. They will be able to mentally break down even the most difficult recipe to it's most basic parts and rebuild it from scratch as long as they have the materials. Never seems to run out of mental energy or get fatigued.

The Historian - Can get a sense of what has happened and what may happen. Is able to play out scenarios in their head and describe them to others. They also have the ability to see what happened from the perspective of any object their touching as well s know, in a chronological sense, everything that happened around it.

Seaworthy Carpenter - Will have increased durability to the point where they can not be cut, burned, or frozen as well as have increased strength.

Quartermaster - Can duplicate other inanimate objects up to four times each. May also increase or decrees the size of himself or other living/prior living beings. Will also has an innate sense to tell if something has been tampered with by physical or magical means.

The Trader - Has the ability to charm others and is immune to detrimental magical affects themselves. They also have the ability to know what size something is, how much it weighs, and what it's relatively worth just from looking at it.

Joining - Read all the details about the Reserves and Profiles in the next post, otherwise you might miss an instruction. Please send all Reserves to me with the title of Ship Reserves. I will hold on to them until you send me in a completed profile with the title of Ship Profile. If we need to talk about anything on your profile, then we will. Don't be afraid if that happens - I do that a lot to make sure I understand everything as best I can. Once everything is squared I will tell you to post the profile up. At this point I will fill your character in on the crew list. Once we open the roleplay and you're up on the list, feel free to post.

VERY IMPORTANT - Please, for the sake of this roleplay and the roleplayers who join it...commit to this. It will be a long term roleplay and it would be extremely difficult, story wise, to replace any crew member. I don't mind if you need to be gone for a bit as long as you let us know - but if you know you're the type to join a roleplay then leave...please don't get our hopes up. Again, I don't mind slow posting or some absences here and there because that's life...but a deal is a deal, especially with me.

Quotable Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image
                            Character's Name are to be written in red in Mr. Dafoe along the bottom.

Reserve Code
                            [img]350 x 150 Colored Picture[/img]
                            [size=10][i][b]Roleplayer's Name linked to homepage[/b][/i][/size]

Empty Example
                            User Image
                            Roleplayer's Name linked to homepage

Profiles
                            Please use Photobucket to Complete the picture reserves. First Apply Frame Grit to picture.
                            Please also read through the Example as it has important information

Profile Code
                            [img]650 x 250 [/img][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                            [size=20][color=firebrick][b][i]Character's Role[/i][/b][/color][/size][list]
                            [size=16][color=firebrick][b]Character's Name[/b][/color][/size][list]
                            [color=firebrick][i]Character's Age[/i][/color][align=center][color=#FFBF00]◈[/color][color=white]__[/color][size=13][color=#F6AC00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=14][color=#EE9A00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=15][color=#E58800]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=16][color=#DD7600]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=17][color=#D56400]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=18][color=#CC5200]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=19][color=#C44000]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=20][color=#BC2E00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=19][color=#BC2E00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=18][color=#C44000]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=17][color=#CC5200]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=16][color=#D56400]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=15][color=#DD7600]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=14][color=#E58800]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=13][color=#EE9A00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][color=#F6AC00]◈[/color][/align][list][list][list]
                            [b][color=darkred][size=13]Personal Possessions[/size][/color][/b][list][list][list]
                            Insert Text here

[/list][/list][/list][b][color=darkred][size=13]Bringing to the Table[/size][/color][/b][list][list][list]
                            Insert Text Here

[/list][/list][/list][b][color=darkred][size=13]Life Story[/size][/color][/b][list][list][list]
                            Insert Text Here

[/list][/list][/list][align=center][color=#FFBF00]◈[/color][color=white]__[/color][size=13][color=#F6AC00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=14][color=#EE9A00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=15][color=#E58800]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=16][color=#DD7600]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=17][color=#D56400]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=18][color=#CC5200]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=19][color=#C44000]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=20][color=#BC2E00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=19][color=#BC2E00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=18][color=#C44000]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=17][color=#CC5200]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=16][color=#D56400]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=15][color=#DD7600]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=14][color=#E58800]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][size=13][color=#EE9A00]◈[/color][/size][color=white]__[/color][color=#F6AC00]◈[/color][/align][align=right][size=10][i]Name of Model[/i][/size][/align][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Empty Profile Example
                            User Image

Character's Role

Character's Name

Character's Age
                                                ________________________________

Personal Possessions

Put what your character may have brought with them to the ship. Remember that this was a reenactment vessel so items should be simple if anything. Plus they would have a very limited area to store the supplies they brought - most of it would probably be room for a pair or two near-period like clothes.

Bringing to the Table

This is the area to include what special skills or talents they bring to the group. This area would include both formal and informal education - skills, traits, anything you think would suit your character and still be relevant.

This area will include the power that they will gain once aboard the ship. It will be something nearly directly tied to their role in the roleplay and as such the skills they already possess. This will probably be something that they don't and shouldn't figure out right away.

Life Story

Write at least two paragraphs about your character's life up to this point. It should include a general sense of where they come from. It should also include what they have done for a living as per the role would suggest. If there is any valuable information about family or anything else you can think of, go ahead an include that too.

There should also be a section about why they signed up for the original "adventure". It could be something silly like they wanted to play around or they wanted to experience it. Or there could be a more in depth meaning - whatever it is, that's up to you.

________________________________
                                                      Name of Model

Quotable Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Pictures will be linked to the Profiles

User Image_User Image
Mariana Saravan__________________Lurking Aion

User Image_User Image
PUNJABIMIX___________________________Vrosfeer