Excitable Spirit

We are closed.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image

thread layout created by titsandwich

Excitable Spirit

User Image

There was a time long ago before the dragons existed. They are written in old tomes, taught in the academies – a reminder of what the human race would be like without the dragons to give us a life worth living. They were dark days and the human race was nothing. Nothing but the food for the orcs, the slaves of the elves, the play things of wizards. Before the first dragon, Abraham, emerged from the world’s core to establish a new way of life there was only darkness for humans. Evil covered the world. Light had been all but snuffed out. Yet, Abraham came right as hope ran out. Abraham – choosing the name for himself because of the biblical meaning “father of nations” – made a promise to mankind:

So long as mankind cherishes the bond with the fireborn, the fireborn shall protect mankind.”

Mankind kept their end of the promise. Dragons became the savior of man. The first generation erupted out of the earth (thus earning their nickname the Titans), vanquishing all of man’s enemies. Orcs and ogres were pushed to the brink of extinction. Blood magic was abolished. Dark magic was banned. The dark elves fell back into the caves they came from. The fireborn reigned as the all mighty, a source of protection and love like a new found god.

They lived side by side mankind, forming a special bond called the fire bond. A dragon can only make one fire bond, and a human can only make one fire bond in their lifetime. A soulmate of sorts, once connected, the two live with one mind. They share thoughts, memories, and a deep connection that can only be broken by death. As time moved on, and light reigned, different species found this bond with dragons. The different species began to live in harmony to create the society found in the world today.

Today, there are cities established across the earth. While some maintain populations made up of mostly elves, humans, or shifters, there are major cities that hold a strong mixture of each species. Some “racism” still exists, but with the fire bond available for the three species, much of the prejudice has died. The 'government' is made up of a handful of representatives from each major city, handpicked to represent the species to the last remaining Titans of this earth.

Each city holds a Dragon Academy. The youth are sent to these academies to be taught not only the common tongue and history of the world, but also the way of the dragon. Not everyone has the blessing of finding their fire bond. There simply are not enough dragons in the world. The fire bond is as random as the lottery, and no one person can know for sure they have a bond until they are connected with their dragon.

The world experienced a time called the Age of Abraham. As all history goes, though, a perfect peace cannot last forever. A darkness is growing - and dragons are dying at an alarming rate. With Abraham gone for the world for nearly a hundred years, a fear is striking the land and being fueled by rumors. Rumors of a Blood Dragon, a demon in the body of a dragon, are growing. Orcs are being spotted more and more. Whispers of dark magic, dark elves, and dark days ahead.

Excitable Spirit

User Image

The Titan Elders have had visions of this blood dragon. Dragons that have yet to make a fire bond, especially young adult dragons, are disappearing at alarming rates. There is no trace of them, no signs of struggles or bones to be found. Dark elves have been reported in forests that have been purified for a century. Orcs and ogres have been spotted raiding small villages near the mountain ranges. Wild stories of a dark wizard hiding up on the peak of the tallest mountain, casting fog so thick even adult dragons cannot fly through it, are striking fear in even the dragon population. With all of this, the Titan Elders have sent out to gather the most elite dragon riders of their day, along with the brightest youth from each academy that have yet to experience a fire bond to act as assistants for the dragon riders.

With this gathering, their leader Eligius has been given orders to head to the oldest mountain range in the world to discover if the blood dragon truly exists. The team is to tell no one of their purpose, using the youth as a cover-up. Their story to the world? To help the youth seek out their own dragons. And who knows? Perhaps the youth will find their fire bond. Or perhaps they were never destined to carry the bond. Regardless, the team is to make the journey and back to report to the elders their findings.

Abraham's blessing on their journey ahead.

Current Setting

Day Two the trek towards the mountains.

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Writing
                              - This is third person point of view roleplay that will require quality over quanity. Literacy is only judged by your ability to punctuate correctly. Capital letters, quotation marks, periods, commas, and complete sentences are a requirement. Thus the reason you are required to send a four sentence paragraph to me in your profile reservation. If you do not send this, I will refer you back to the rules. Also, please be able to spell correctly. I don't give a damn about typos - I do them consistently. Just be able to use nice words. Hoekay?

Time
                              - Imagine lord of the rings -esque. This is a medieval fantasy roleplay. Thus, cell phones and televisions are non-existent. Messages are sent fast enough by the the delivery system, a career choice for dragon riders. Traditional swords, bow and arrows, and small magic are your choice of weapons. If you have a suggestion on a weapon you would like your character to use, please do not hesitate to ask me. Magic is allowed so long as it is a very small, non-overpowering magic.

Dragons
                              - You have full control over your dragon. You must provide a picture (please see profile skeleton for more). The dragons can also be equipped with small magical powers, but the current young adult dragons are a third generation. Their powers are much weaker than the original powers the first generation had. Each dragon is allowed ONE elemental power. If you have another idea, please pass it along to me and I will clear it. The dragons cannot speak to other humans besides their fire bond. Dragons can communicate with other humans through the common language. However, they often choose not to, reserving speech for only important occasions or crisis. They can communicate with other dragons. Wild dragons, or dragons that do not have a fire bond, are free individuals. They do and act as they please. It is very rare for a wild dragon to meddle in the affairs of the other species. They usually keep to their own clans until they feel the awakening of their bond. Dragons can have mates, and they mate for life. A typical dragon pair has one egg in their lifetime. Wild dragons have been documented to live up to 500 years.

Dragon Types
                              - There are three different dragon types. Aquatic dragons are slender in shape, much like a serpent or a wyrm. They have wings, but they are kept close to the body. These dragons work best near bodies of water, where they are fast swimmers. Earth dragons are more of the traditional type dragon. Typically large in size, they do well on the ground compared to the air. Solar dragons are smaller in size, but are extremely quick. They are fastest flyers of all the types.

Fire Bond
                              - If your character is a dragon rider, they possess a fire bond with their dragon. This bond can only be broken by death. The death of one member of the bond can drive the other one mad. A dragon matches the life span of their rider. For example, a dragon bonded with a human can age up to 100. A dragon bonded with an elf can live up to 200. However, the elves and dragons only very recently bonded. The eldest dragon bonded with an elf is only fifty years old. The rider and dragon can communicate telepathically. They are both able to keep the other out of their private thoughts, or they can be completely open with one another. They can share memories, thoughts, or anything of the sort. It is extremely rare for a bonded dragon to allow someone that is not their rider upon their back.

Characters
                              - There are three species your character can be. Human, Elf, or a Shifter. Shifters can transform into one animal, and this is usually their only power. As of right now I am only allowing one character per person unless you choose to be one of the youths that are available. If you choose to be a youth, I will allow you to double as a dragon rider. However, if you choose to be a female youth you must be a male rider. If you choose to be a male rider, you must be a female youth. There will be a female to male ratio. I will not budge on this.. Depending on how many people join, I will open up doubling for everyone. Anime pictures only Note: I will be bringing my own characters in and out of this. This will serve as a plot mover/twister. If anyone has an issue with me doubling up at random times, please talk to me. Finally, you can reserve your character while you work on their profile. Immediately send me your reserve form so I may hold your spot. No one is allowed to post in character until I clear your profile. Then, you must post your profile on the profile forum before you may post in character. Simple!

Youth
                              - A youth (in this trip, anyways) is anyone from the age of 16 to 19. 19 is typically the last year someone finds their dragon. Once they become 20, the chance of finding their dragon is almost 0%. In this roleplay, if you are a youth, you may have them find their dragon during their adventure. Please notify me before this happens so I can make sure it isn't some absolutely stupid crazy situation.

Posting
                              - This is meant to be a fast-moving roleplay. You must post every other day. There are two exceptions to this rule. Either, a) you inform me before joining as to why you will not be posting every two days and I find it a valid reason because I myself do not live on Gaia or b) you give notice in the OOC board or through a PM to myself that you will be unable to post due to vacation/family/etc. You will receive two warnings of your lack of posting. After the second warning you will be deleted. Gone. Bye-bye. Seeeyooouulattteerr. Please make yourself a pretty post layout. I'm still learning how to do this myself, so no pressure to make anything drop dead gorgeous. Just attractive. OOC chat belongs only on the OOC board.

Romance/Violence/Cussing
                              - I encourage romance because I am a girly-girl. However, please keep yourselves under control. PG-13 stuff on the romance. Thanks! This is going to be an action roleplay, right? So, violence is to be expected. Just no power-moding, god-moding, or whatever it is called today. Also, again, don't make anyone uncomfortable. If you're a psycho, that's great for you, but not everyone is so keep it on the down-low. I cuss. Damn. Damn. Damn. However, no need to be running around screaming the C-word. There are young adults on Gaia and I would have you act like it, okay? I won't have someone be poorly influenced on my board.

Notice
                              - By joining this roleplay you accept that I may go "oh yeah!" and add something to this list. I will give full and fair warning of any changes, but you accept changes may occur. Or added. Or whatever.

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Dragon Rider's Reserve Form
                              [imgleft]100x100[/imgleft]
                              Name
                              Dragon Rider
                              Dragon Type
                              Taken// Your username

Dragon Rider's Profile Skeleton
                              [align=center][size=22][color=color1]First[/color] [color=color2]Middle[/color] [color=color1]Last[/color][/size]
                              [size=9]Species
                              [url=]link to dragon picture[/url][/size][/align]

[imgright]imageurlhere[/imgright]

[list][list][u][color=color1]General[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Call Me:[/color] Nickname
                              [color=color2]Born a:[/color] Gender
                              [color=color2]Years lived:[/color] Age
                              [color=color2]Years Bonded:[/color] # of years bonded with dragon
                              [color=color2]Species:[/color] Human, Elf, or Shifter. If shifter, included what animal character shifts into. Ex: Shifter - Wolf[/size]

[u][color=color1]Soul Bound[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Dragon's Name:[/color]Name
                              [color=color2]Dragon’s Age:[/color] # of years
                              [color=color2]Dragon’s Power:[/color] one elemental power. Ex: Fire breath. Weather manipulation. Laser beam from eyeballs.
                              [color=color2]Type:[/color] Aquatic, Earth or Solar
                              [color=color2]Gender:[/color] Male or Female
                              [color=color2]Mate:[/color] Name or None
                              [color=color2]Hatchlings:[/color] Name or None[/size]

[u][color=color1]War Time[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Weapon of Choice:[/color] Loves
                              [color=color2]Magic:[/color] Description of power or none
                              [color=color2]Supplies kept on hand:[/color] Anything your character carries with them. Can be anything from a token, a sword, or a journal. Anything.

[u][color=color1]Other[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Short Bio:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]Personality:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]Dragon’s Personality:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]Thoughts on the adventure ahead:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]One Last Thing:[/color] Any other info.[/size]

[align=right][size=18][u][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]Username[/color][/u][/size][/align]

Youth Reservation Form
                              [imgleft]100x100[/imgleft]
                              Name
                              Youth

Youth Profile Skeleton
                              [align=center][size=22][color=color1]First[/color] [color=color2]Middle[/color] [color=color1]Last[/color][/size]
                              [size=9]Species[/size][/align]

[imgright]imageurlhere[/imgright]

[list][list][u][color=color1]General[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Call Me:[/color] Nickname
                              [color=color2]Born a:[/color] Gender
                              [color=color2]Years lived:[/color] Age
                              [color=color2]Species:[/color] Human, Elf, or Shifter. If shifter, included what animal character shifts into. Ex: Shifter - Wolf[/size]

[u][color=color1]War Time[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Weapon of Choice:[/color] Loves
                              [color=color2]Magic:[/color] Description of power or none
                              [color=color2]Supplies kept on hand:[/color] Anything your character carries with them. Can be anything from a token, a sword, or a journal. Anything.

[u][color=color1]Other[/color][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u]

[size=10][color=color2]Short Bio:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]Personality:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]Thoughts on the adventure ahead:[/color] Brief.
                              [color=color2]One Last Thing:[/color] Any other info.[/size]

[align=right][size=18][u][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=color1]Username[/color][/u][/size][/align]

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Season
                              Spring | Summer | Fall | Winter

Day
                              1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30

Time
                              Early Morning | Morning | Late Morning | Afternoon | Evening | Late Night

Weather
                              Sunny | Partly Cloudy | Cloudy | Light Breeze | Windy | Strong Winds | Tornado | Light Rain | Steady Rain | Heavy Rain | Flooding | Thunderstorm | Hailing | Hurricane | Sleet | Light Snow | Heavy Snow | Ice Storm

Temperature
                              Below Freezing | Freezing | Cold | Cool | Warm | Hot | Heat Index Warning

נ σ u я и α ℓ

Day One - Eligius gave the full report of what the goal of this group is: to find the hell sent blood dragon. A blood dragon is a demon in a dragon's body, capable of taking the souls of weak-willed dragons. The group has been separated into two by Eligius, mostly from his frustration at everyone's lack of cooperation. The first group has been sent forth to join one of their own, only to find the camp site under attack by orcs. As the first group reached the camp and dealt with those orcs, the youth group was surrounded by another warband of orcs. The organization of the beasts is causing a lot of apprehension of just who is attempting to prevent the group from reaching the mountains. As the battles wrap up, the second group will join back with the first group. Eligius is going to hold a meeting to get everyone's two-cents about how to deal with their invisible enemy. The trek is going to take three more days, so that leaves plenty of times for the group to begin socializing and forming alliances/enemy situations.
                            People voice their opinions: some said traitor, some talk of a Dark Weaver began, but most of important was that everyone realized they must learn to be stronger than the enemy. To do that, they all must truly conform to a team.

Day Two: So far, so bad. Right after the group awoke and began heading into their new positions, a sneak attack was laid upon them by a mysterious dark elf named "Ahriman". Everyone found their skills tested one on one with dark elves that made it clear they were on a suicide mission. The point of their attack is unclear. However, Kayi was the first victim to die in this journey. She was quickly followed by Gilbert, who had been cursed by Ahriman but quickly killed off by the mage at Atreus' urging. Inez accused the group of being near heartless, forcing Eligius to realize that if they were off to save the world, they should be more willing to save each other. Minor injuries were sustained, but a touch of joy was added as the youth Isabo found her fire bond. The group is to move on after a fire burial of Kayi and Gilbert.

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Males - 7/8 Females - 7/8
                              Dragon Riders - 12/12 Youths - 2/4

User Image
                              Eligius Saint Clan
                              Dragon Rider
                              Aquatic
                              Taken// Skinny Moo Cow

User Image
                              Orianna
                              Dragon Rider
                              Solar
                              Taken // titsandwich

User Image
                              Atreus Tremere
                              Dragon Rider
                              Solar
                              Taken// Atreus

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                              Aliera Caterina
                              Dragon Rider
                              Aquatic
                              Taken// SilverRainbowRose

User Image
                              Fera Genasai
                              Dragon Rider
                              Earth
                              Taken// The Nymph Kamalia

User Image
                              Re'Daera Hunith
                              Dragon Rider
                              Earth Dragon
                              Taken// Pastel Kitty

User Image
                              Elizabeth Bell
                              Dragon Rider
                              Earth
                              Taken// Krazy Michelle Ranak

User Image
                              Pyotr Vladic Weyrstrider
                              Dragon Rider
                              Solar (need to change this on the full profile)
                              Taken// Oxyproclaimin

User Image
                              Zellscha “Zell” Saints
                              Dragon Rider
                              Solar
                              Taken// Nancy Glorry

User Image
                              Kharis Anaru
                              Dragon Rider
                              Aquatic
                              Taken// Versell DeHubris

User Image
                              Isabo "Bo" Mcbride
                              Youth
                              Seventeen
                              Taken// sinfully sagittarius

User Image
                              Loxias Azeral
                              Youth
                              Sixteen
                              Taken// SoraKBM

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Reserved for a list of special characters that will make an appearance. If you have a plot twist in mind that includes a character that is not one of your originals, feel free to PM me! They will be posted here.

User Image
                              Inez Easton
                              Dragon Rider - Messenger
                              Solar
                              Taken // Skinny Moo Cow

User Image
                              Marcus Zeddicus Vinci
                              Elder
                              Taken// Oxyproclaimin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                              Morilia Katreena
                              Tainted Dark Elf
                              Taken//SilverRainbowRose

User Image
                              Ahriman
                              Dark Elf
                              Taken// Skinny Moo Cow

Excitable Spirit

User Image

Eligius and Drow have a history together. Eligius was there when Drow was discovered a child. Eligius was one of the few that was completely accepting of taking in the dark elf child as one of the clan's own. While he maintained a distance for a while, Eligius and Drow have a friendship established. Eligius special request Drow for this adventure.

Excitable Spirit

Excitable Spirit

Excitable Spirit

Excitable Spirit

Excitable Spirit

Excitable Spirit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers