• Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

ateiles

iresersonalaid

COMPANY: Ilex
                                                  MOOD:
                                                  Saved!

Kate looked around for anything to save her. She didn't want to seem rude, but she also didn't want to suffer the night with this minatar who seemed to have gotten fairly infatuated with her in little to no time. That, or he was just OVERLY friendly. It could have been a little of both. Glancing back at the king, she almost worked up a glare. Why hadn't he warned her of such guests. You'd think you'd let someone know about things like that! However, she was saved as Ilex came up to ask her for a dance. Kate fought back a good laugh seeing Ilex so strangely dressed. You'd think if you were trying to protect those at the ball, he would have made himself blend in. Any sort of criminal would see him and either run or laugh. I guess it made sense now. Anyone would stop to look at the strange looking lumberjack trudging about the ballroom.

Kate smiled taking Ilex's hand and walking out onto the dance floor. She fixed herself in a position to dance and looked up at him. "Thank you for the save. I fear that if I wouldn't have got out of there soon, I may have been going home with a lonely minatar," she laughed softly. Looking about the people dancing around them, she turned back to Ilex giving him a good long look up and down before raising a brow to him. "This is quite a get up you have here. I can tell you came to fit in," she grinned. Ilex and her had always had a fairly good relationship. Well, once they got to know each other better that is. She remembered when she first arrived at the castle. Ilex had terrified her with his "jokes." She used to think they were serious threats, but she later found out that he just tended to have a childish and some what dark sense of humor.

She laughed shaking her head. "But, it really fits you. Probably better than my get up fits me. I was actually a bit surprised the king had just given all of this to me. Sometimes he's so hard to read," she said trailing off. Looking down at her feet, she let her vision glide up to meet his. "You konw. We really didn't have to dance. We could just go an sit. Or, you could just go off and leave me to the side." She didn't want to keep him from any fun or his duties. All she'd really needed was someone to save her, and he'd already done that. As much as she wanted company, Kate was too selfless to ask him to just stick around for her sake. "So uh...I guess I'll just let you get back to whatever you were doing," she said letting go of him and his hand with a slight smile.

Doctor Jax

Canny Trickster

User Image
Vincent V. Oscuro
"Conqueror of Truth within Darkness"

Vincent Decided to mingle with the guests a bit, looking around, he had gathered himself a small plate of the food provided for the party guests. This really was a nice party, but as he viewed the event and those around, he had a feeling of... hesitation? No, more like, anticipation, waiting for something to happen. Looking around, he quickly ate his food and drink and set them down, making a quick round around the ball room behind the standing decorative pillars.

┏▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬┓
Company: many
Gear: Pocket knife, Zippo, Wallet, Multitool, mint-tin, Cord bracelet, water Bottle, Dice, Playing cards. Clarent, Knife, Throwing daggers, Armor.
OOC:

Chatty Genius

8,550 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
::: Ї x L x Σ x ХXXXXXXXXX ||
                  "Шhen you play the game of thrones
                  you win or you die."
User Image

[♝] Ilex gave his typical smile as Kate thanked him for his 'rescue' from the arms of the Duke. Though he wasn't Ilex's favorite noble, the Duke was alright. The beastly minotaur had a big voice and a bigger heart, and he was genuinely fond of his servants and most of his subjects. However, his temper was legendary, if difficult to provoke. The last time the Duke of Cavenny had let loose his mighty anger, the maids had cleaned the main ballroom for days in an attempt to pick up the mess.

"Oh, I couldn't have let him do that. Besides, he's just loud. I guess your poor, tiny pointed ears couldn't handle the blast noise," Ilex joked as he seemed to tiptoe to the music. He'd never learned to dance, so his movements were rather clumsy, but they served him well enough. At the mention of his costume, he gave a wicked grin.

"I like being special, thank you. Makes me feel like somebody," Ilex said childishly as the music started a slow ending. He himself didn't mind taking time out to dance with the fairy. After all, she'd been good to him, as far as he could tell, and she was... tolerable. She didn't interfere with his plans, and he didn't interfere with his work. Things worked out for them.

As she described the king as 'hard to read', Ilex cast a look at him. The king gave him a piercing stare that did not waver as Ilex stopped moving. The king inclined his head ever so slightly, and Ilex shook his head. Yes... hard to read was a good description of their king.

Ilex looked back as she told him that he really didn't have to dance with her, and he cocked his head to the side, putting a hand on his hip.

"Well, little miss, if you wanted to be alone, you could've just said so~." Of course, this was all in good fun, not truly meant. He knew he didn't have to dance with her, but it was at the least nice, and he got to do what he truly wanted to -- check the ballroom out without being overly suspicious. He'd seen... maybe one or two people who seemed off, but besides that. And he'd also wanted to get a look at Bracken. It was almost time for the announcement.

"Go ahead and leave me to my fate, I guess!" Ilex said dramatically, throwing his hand over his forehead with enough theatrics to make a thespian slobber.
[♝]

Location ❧: the ballroom
Company ❧: Kate
Task ❧: getting kate to dance
ooc ❧: so sorry for the late reply

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers