Welcome to Gaia! ::

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

» ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ Sugaroverflow

» ᴄᴏ﹣ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇᴅ ʙʏ AwkwardHug & Ochitsuki

» ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ The Mortal Instruments & Frozen

» ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴄʏ lazy-adv lit

» ɢᴇɴʀᴇ medieval fantasy + adventure

» ϙᴜɪᴄᴋ ɪɴᴛʀᴏ To save the queen's life, they embark on a quest into
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxunknown lands in search of mythical dragons.

» sᴛᴀᴛᴜs closed. I'm not able to manage this roleplay anymore - hiatus until further notice.

User ImagexxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxUser Image

Springtime Capitalist

User Image
          HISTORICAL CONTEXT

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ x ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴡᴀʀ

There was once a time when dragons and humans lived in harmony together, in a prosperous society of city-states. Times of peace and stability did not last long. There were many among the humans that wished to possess the power of the free-flying dragons as their own, many who sought this power in order to gain control of lands, people, and wealth. As these corrupted individuals began to hunt down the dragons -- giving rise to dragon hunters, conflict erupted across the lands, creating destruction in its path.

Later, in the ruins of what was once a prosperous world, they would call this "The Dragon Human War". In more appropriate terms, it should perhaps have been called the dragon apocalypse.

Our story begins almost ten years after the war, as cities and kingdoms rebuild themselves for a new world, one in which the dragons have disappeared without a trace, but one whose borders are limited. Outside of the kingdoms' borders are lands where people venture only to never return. It's possible that's where the dragons reside.

CURRENT KINGDOM-STATES

Kɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴏғ Aᴛᴏʟᴏɴ

Among the remains of a desolate world arose a strong northern kingdom, remnant of city states. The Kingdom of Atolon was created in the form of bureaucratic government. Atolon is surrounded by large, stone walls, and an army of hundreds. With beautiful, high-rising architecture, the kingdom is a collection of small cities, consisting of various trades. Atolon is ruled by the royal family, descendants of the original Atolia, a kingdom that fell during the war. The royal cabinet of advisers are elected from the nobles and families of the rich.

Currently Atolon is ruled by a single Queen, the elder daughter of the late King Gustavo, who passed away from sickness a few months earlier, leaving the throne to his children. His wife, Queen Annalisa passed away years earlier.

There are rumours that the late King Gustavo was not the true heir to the Atolian throne - and that he, during the chaos, claimed the throne. If these rumors are true, however, the true heir to the throne would have lived in secrecy among Atolon, and their children/child would be twenty-somethings.

Kɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴏғ Cᴇᴏᴅᴏʟ

An ally to the kingdom of Atolon, the southern Kingdom of Ceodol was founded from the governing family of a city-state before the war. Now, it is a vast kingdom of hanging gardens and greecian architecture. There is an intricate artistic feel to all the cities, particularly the capital city, Ceodolia, where the royal palace resides. Although ruled by a royal family, Ceodol runs on a democratic-bureaucratic mix, allowing it's people input in their governing as their wish through open court and counsel.

The ruling family of Ceodol are the King, Queen, and their only son, the Prince of Ceodol. There is a rumor that the younger child of the Ceodolian royal family, a daughter, was taken from them during the war.

BEYOND THE SOUTHERN BOUNDARIES

Beyond the southern borders of the kingdom of Ceodol are the borders of human world. Beyond here, only explorers and adventurers travel in search of dragons or mythical bounty remains from the war. However, few have been able to return from the perils that exist.

Rumors exist that perhaps the lands beyond the southern borders are where the dragons now reside, having fenced the humans into a small existence and kept the rest of the world to themselves. But without any proof or trace of the winged beasts, there is little to prove such an idea.

Kɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴏғ Illeqcia

The Kingdom of Illeqcia was, before the war, a place where dragon riders were trained. It was a country where dragons ruled and some humans lived among them, learning and practicing forms of magic.

Illeqcia used to exist just after the current southern boundary.

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image
          ROLEPLAY BACKDROP

Aᴛᴏʟᴏɴɪᴀɴ Nᴏʙʟᴇs ʀᴇᴠᴏʟᴛ

The Queen of Atolon, over a period of many months, under the guidance of the Prince of Ceodol, attempted to work against the corruption among the nobles of the Atolonian royal council. They investigated the nobles' many trade dealings, their private armies, and the transfer of their funds to and from small cities. As they collected evidence against certain nobles who were guilty of laundering the crown's money for their own pursuits, someone among the Queen's private court warned the nobles.

Angered by the young Queen after already being unable to accept her recent succession, the nobles lashed out to overthrow the royal family once and for all. They came with their private armies, united in their siege of the palace, which lasted close to seven days. During the many raids on the palace, the Queen was injured and took ill.

In her absence, the Prince of Ceodol called for his father's armies from Ceodol and put down the noble's revolt. He stood the nobles to a form of Cedolian justice and had them answer to the people.

ɪʟʟɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ Aᴛᴏʟᴏɴɪᴀɴ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ

The royal doctors and healers were puzzled by the Queen's injury. Though the injured blood vessels and skin of stab wound was healed, the Queen suffered from intermittent weakness and illness. It appeared as if a poison were taking it's toll on her body.

After much debate, the healers determined her sickness could only be cured by the rumored dragons blood - a unique remedy for such a slow-killing poison.

Qᴜᴇsᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴs Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

Despite not believing in the existence of dragons himself, the Prince of Ceodol, along with the Queen have announced the charter of a quest - beyond the southern boundary, in the search of said dragons blood to heal the Queen. Anyone who volunteers will be granted one wish - be it possible in the hands of the royal family to grant it.

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image
                  » ʀᴜʟᴇs

AwkwardHug and Ochitsuki are my co-overlords. That means everything they say is law..
                          Follow Gaia ToS - that means keep everything PG-13-- and you know what I'm talking about. In terms of battle (since this is a quest/medieval fantasy) and magic, PG-17 is okay. Otherwise, just follow the rules in general and we won't have any problems - I hate making rules, you hate reading them, so we should have an understanding, right?

» ᴀᴘᴘʟʏɪɴɢ

I'm so glad you're interested. All you have to do is PM me the reserve for the character that you want (or the custom reserves for your own make) and we'll take it from there. I'll probably give you a heads up on what the hidden plot line for that character is, just to make sure you're up for the challenge -- if you're not that totally fine, not every likes to play a lead, but if you are, awesome! (I'll mark lead characters will stars to indicate commitment levels). Once I accept your reserve, fill out a profile and post it in the profile thread! I'll let you know if there are any issues. Oh yeah, title all your PMs with the rp-name and the character title + reserve or profile. That works best. Thanks!

If you find any inconsistencies in my plot/history/characters, please let me know! Been rushing this and it's my first roleplay so I might make mistakes.

» ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs

So there are some premade character titles and relationships - like the royals and their aides, and an example for an open slot - though you can get creative and make citizens/royal aides, whichever you like. If you have any questions or need suggestions, send me a message! I'd be glad to give you some ideas to use! Remember to rewrite the given bios if you use the premade royals -- those snippets are just to help you create the characters!

» ᴘᴏsᴛɪɴɢ

Post at least once/twice a week. There will no posting cycle. Just some posting guidelines at the end of every story/quest post. Progression of the storyline will move in GM-posts // i'll link them in updates, it'll be like chapter//reaction based storylines. I'll give you the setting/what happened. Generally the characters will be together until later on in the quest if they go separate ways for a short time.

» ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Being actively involved in the discussions (probably ooc or titanpad/skype - based on majority votes) is a must. There are a lot of hidden plot twists that I have planned that can't come into existence unless we're all plotting together. So for that, I'd like you to be involved with the other characters, the setting, and the backstory - you can make suggestions/build parts of the world/npcs/etc.

» ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Inactivity means you missed your post due date for a week and then didn't respond for another week. No messages, no warnings, or "I'm going away" notices before you poofed. Please don't just disappear. If you can't handle the roleplay anymore // or have to go for whatever reason, let me know privately. We can arrange for your character to be killed off / turned into an NPC, taken over by someone else, etc. If you just disappear on me, I'll probably arrange for a brutal death. No one wants that, right? (And I'll be mad at you in the future, most likely haha~)..

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image
            »ATOLON ROYALTY

⇘⇘ Queen of Atolon Freya Vivene Faehaone
                            xxxxx gentle xxxxx pragmatic xxxxx sincere
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty-five xx ▹ ▹ June, 18th xx▹ ▹ ladycuppiecakes
                                    Shortly after her father's death, Freya was crowned Queen of Atolon. Since the day or her coronation she desperately believes in the goodness and perseverance of her people. In order to help the kingdom prosper she has fought to remove corruption among the nobility in order to create harmony and fairness among the court of Atolon. With the help of her childhood betrothed, the Prince of Ceodol, her sister, and her personal guard; she has done exactly what she wanted, but not without a price. Shortly after the changes made an assassin made his mark during the revolt of nobility and the healers have offered only one remedy to her life - the blood of a dragon. She believes in the dragons and in their future, and also firmly that her people will join them on this quest - if only just to be the first to see the world beyond the boundary. Though gentle, the Queen of Atolon cannot be swayed in her decisions by even the Prince of Ceodol or her sister.

⇘⇘ Princess of Atolon CERYLIA SERA FAEHAONE
                            xxxxx endearing xxxxx impulsive xxxxx fearless
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty one xx ▹ ▹ march 1st xx▹ ▹ sugaroverflow
                                    Younger sister to the Queen of Atolon. Cerylia is high strung and endearing even in her rule-breaking, wall-climbing ways. Despite her need for adventure, she loves her sister deeply and often seeks to share her burdens of rule. She's spent many nights helping the Prince of Ceodol even after her sister has gone to bed, fascinated and inspired by his determination. Nothing scares Cerylia, not even dragons. In fact, she dreams of being a dragon rider. She'll travel to the end of the world and back, if it means saving her sisters life.

»CEODOL ROYALTY

⇘⇘ Prince of Ceodol IHON PETYR OUDWINET
                            xxxxx grim xxxxx persistent xxxxx loyal
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty six xx ▹ ▹ december, 12th xx▹ ▹ Captain Kurobi
                                    Betrothed to the Queen of Atolon. Loves her deeply but is very restrained when it comes to expressing it, or any other emotion. He is close friends with her younger sister, and feels a fierce sense of protectiveness over both women. He has been described as a dour man outwardly and a kind soul beneath the stern façade. He works himself to the point of exhaustion often and is a stickler for small details. The prince is skeptical of all things unnatural, being of a “see it to believe it” mindset. He does not believe any dragons remain, but he will take even the smallest shred of hope and run with it to save his betrothed. He hopes to find something, or someone, that can heal her on this wild goose chase, but is certain it won’t be any fairy-tale dragon tears.

»ROYAL AIDES

⇘⇘ The Prince's Right Hand Gregory Rose Luther
                            xxxxx daydreamer xxxxx childish xxxxx responsible
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ Twenty-Two xx ▹ ▹ May, 10 xx▹ ▹ Roukei Ren
                                    Greg followed the prince from Ceodol when the Queen of Atolon was crowned and has been with him since. Without him, the Prince would be unable to be execute half of his new laws or commands. He is the one that moves armies and creates documents at the request of his highness. Although he works solemnly in the presence of nobles, the Prince and his Right Hand are like brothers, having grown up together.

⇘⇘ The Mystic Healer EMINA SURI ROMA
                            xxxxx fantasizer xxxxx worrywart xxxxx cunning
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty-two xx ▹ ▹ march, 20th xx▹ ▹ Kauveri

This woman has been a healer in the Ceodol court and hides her ability to use magic. She uses a special kind of healing or mystic arts magic. She has seen visions of the dragons and believes they exist in the ancient kingdom beyond the southern boundary. She was requested from Ceodol by the Prince of Ceodol in order to review the Queen of Atolon's illness. She joins them on their quest as a healer for the Queen, though she has other motives*.

⇘⇘ Ceodol Personal Guard OSSIN ASIYA KYREL
                            xxxxx enigmatic xxxxx erudite xxxx loyal
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty five xx ▹ ▹ november, third xx▹ ▹ thekroganqueen
                                    An elven man gifted in the art of the sword and battle, he grew up along side the Mystic Healer in Ceodol and is a good friend of the Prince's Right Hand. During the rebellion of Atolonian nobles, he was able to launch a strategic surprise attack against the noble's armies. This earned him great honor and a position as a personal guard of the Prince of Ceodol. Upon reaching Atolon, however, he became the personal guard of the Queen. He holds some magical abilities though he has worked hard to keep them a secret. He serves his new mistress faithfully and he once held feelings for the Princess of Atolon when he was younger, and she for him, but things may have changed.

⇘⇘ ATOLON PERSONAL GUARD SYNDRA LEE VESS
                            xxxxx shrewd xxxxx exuberant xxxxx calculating
                            User Image
                            ▹ ▹ twenty-nine xx ▹ ▹ october, 2nd xx▹ ▹ ochitsuki
                                    Though she prefers to walk among the shadows, the light offers her just as much comfort as the darkness. Skilled in the form of assassination and strategy, Syndra has shown her capability as strategist and close guard to the Queen without much difficulty. With the Queen's health deteriorated at a slow pace, the guard has joined on the journey to find this 'Dragon's Blood' remedy, though she remains skeptical that dragons truly exist. Opposite of her good intentions, the guard harbors a talent for illusion magic, capable of making her footsteps soundless and rendering her invisible to the naked eye.

»CITIZEN VOLUNTEERS

⇘⇘ ⇘⇘ Face of the Revolt Ares Mikhaelis Orcrof
                              xxxxx Bold xxxxx Pious xxxxx Resourceful
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ Twenty Seven xx ▹ ▹ April 15th xx▹ ▹ Ratioining
                                      The charismatic and able son of the prominent and arrogant Grand Duke Vincent Orcroft, Ares was the decisive factor when he was just sixteen in convincing his nefarious father to finally incite his long-planned and long-prepared revolt, motivated by feelings invincibility and bigotry against the Queen. Proud and pious, the Orcrofts and their allies were also prejudiced as a result and hated the lower class, women, and the government which was getting into the business of their estates. Slashing through town after town, coordinating dirty ambush after dirty ambush, and spreading nasty propaganda, the boy became the face of the revolt before the nobles were defeated by the Prince of Ceodil. He went into a cowardly hiding for years in which he thought on his sins and resolved to come out and beg for forgiveness and position, not just to restore his family but help the Queen’s quest.

⇘⇘ The Renowned Thief Marquis Allen William Blackbourne
                              xxxxx carefree xxxxx greedy xxxxx dangerous
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ Twenty-Seven xx ▹ ▹ January 20th xx▹ ▹ Shisei Tenshi
                                      Al had big dreams for himself as a child. He hoped that one day he could be a rich man respected by his fellow companions and adored by all. Unfortunately his family held a dark curse upon it for the sins of his ancestors, which now fell upon him to bear. When he learned of this curse he decided to travel the world for a cure to break it, but it would not be an easy road to follow. He was only a poor man with very little to offer, so as time went on he had no choice but to resort to thievery and gambling to buy the things he needed to survive as he traveled the world. A fateful meeting with a nobleman would change his life after he was caught trying to steal the mans wallet. After hearing the mans story Al added a new name to his already lengthy one "Marquis," a title only a nobleman by birth could have. It was only a word for him, but he hoped it would somehow bring him the riches he desired. He became known as the False Noble in some of the towns he visited and once people found out he would have to leave town in fear of being punished for impersonation among his other stacking crimes.

⇘⇘ The Street Entertainer Jonathan Adam "Flynn" Rosewood
                              xxxxx Optimistic xxxxx Determined xxxxx Inexperienced
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ Twenty-Three xx ▹ ▹ October 15 xx▹ ▹ Symphony of Discord
                                      Jon and his younger brother Samuel were orphaned at a young age after their mother met a wandering traveler and decided to ditch her responsibility and start a new, exciting life in some other town. The two brothers were sent to Faith's Hill Orphanage in Havensae, where they lived until Jon turned 13, at which point the matron kicked the two brothers out. Now on the streets, the boys took to working in the streets and inns as musicians in order to feed themselves. In joining the quest, Jon used his one wish to ensure that Sam would be looked after and not wanting for food or shelter by requesting he be allowed to join the royal guard. Though he has doubts that he'll survive the quest, the knowledge that Sam will be okay from now on is enough for him to consider his life well-lived.

⇘⇘ The Huntsman FIRST MIDDLE LAST
                              xxxxx↘ trait one xxxxx ↘ trait two xxxxx ↘ trait three
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ age in words xx ▹ ▹ birthday month, day xx▹ ▹ gaia_username

A young man who lived with his father in the forests on the path from Atolon to Ceodol and often came to either kingdom's cities to sell his game. His father was a man who despised war and as a result, when the kingdoms were rebuilding themselves, took his family to live in nature. The elderly man passed away last year, and without his father, he has felt quite alone. He was in Havenswae during the annoucement of the quest and decided to offer his guide services to the crown.

⇘⇘ The Son of the Fabled Blacksmith Tyrus Gawain Alyr
                              xxxxx Pensive xxxxx Vigilant xxxxx Determined
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ twenty-four years old xx ▹ ▹ July 29 xx▹ ▹ King of Renais
                                      Tyrus Alyr is the son of a blacksmith known throughout the kingdoms of man. Renault Alyr was the mastermind behind the magnanimous blades wielded during the Dragon Human War. Forged with his peerless skill, and imbued with powerful spells mastered by his wife. With the blame of the decimation of the dragons resting heavily on his shoulders, Renault shuttered his weaponcrafting practice shortly after the end of the war, descending into a life of mental conflict and apprehension. Tyrus bore witness to it all; middling economic gains from the sale of more ordinary tools were not too harsh on the Alyr household, but the atmosphere had remained heavy for the ten years following the end of the war. When approached to lend the mission to recover a dragon's blood his aid, Renault predictably refused; Tyrus, however, took it upon his shoulders to accompany the party, seeking to explore the lands beyond the border in hopes of finding some measure of redemption for his father. This young man wants nothing more than to set the hearts of his family at ease.

⇘⇘ ⇘⇘ ⇘⇘ The Forest Archer GUINEVERE KALLISTA REMI
                              xxxxx Disobedient xxxxx Independent xxxxx Protective
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ Twenty-Four xx ▹ ▹ July, 20th xx▹ ▹ f r a n k i e thy l o v e
                                      Gwen, for short, lives in a city on the outskirts of the Ceodol gates with her siblings, though she prefers to spend her time in the woods away from busy crowds and markets. In order to provide for her family, she catches game and gathers rare plants to sell. She is the eldest of three siblings and has been taking care of them since their parents died in the war. Losing her father was difficult for her family and especially her mother who succumbed to a rare illness soon after he died. With both her parents gone, Gwen had no choice but to grow up and protect her siblings from the perils of the world. Guinevere is an independent, fiery woman, and doesn't plan on following orders. She and the Huntsman have crossed paths more than a few times. For her participation and (somewhat) cooperation in the quest, she requested money and shelter for her siblings.

⇘⇘ The Mysterious Swordsman Rufure Zerelth Aias
                              xxxxx Secretive xxxxx Perceptive xxxxx Intelligent
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ Twenty-three xx ▹ ▹ June 21st xx▹ ▹ Awkward Hug
                                      Rufure is not a resident of the Kingdom. Not many people now about this man as he does not remember most of his past. All he remembers is that he woke up in the middle of Atolon's forests. Thankfully, he had woken up near the capital city before he stumbled into its gates, not knowing where he was or who he was. All that he remembered was his name. Over time, Rufure has tried to find family, but it has proven fruitless. He has given his life a little more meaning by serving the Queen of the Atolon kingdom to search for dragons.

⇘⇘ Wandering Minstrel Yuisho Kokyuu Sousha
                              xxxxx Hot-Blooded xxxxx Impatient xxxxx Reticent
                              User Image
                              ▹ ▹ (appears to be) twenty years old xx ▹ ▹ April 11 xx▹ ▹ Atarakshia
                                      'Kokyuu' is the name by which legendary musical prodigies and instructors are known across the Kingdoms of the North. The name has appeared many times in history books, autobiographies, and memoirs. Throughout time, 'Kokyuu' has appeared as a willful young maiden, a deceptively old crone, a hulking behemoth of a man, a devoted and love-struck wife, and a terrifying existence beyond human comprehension. The traits that seem to hold true amongst every version are prodigal musical skill, a haughty attitude, and utter incompetence in the culinary arts. Yuisho Kokyuu Sousha, who refuses to be addressed by any other names besides 'Kokyuu' and 'Instructor', shares all three of those traits. Years after she had abandoned her position and duties as an instructor to live a life of solitude in the mountains, she was given a cryptic message:

"For centuries, your students have given you the product of their blood, sweat, and tears. They were able to find their reason for doing so within you. Instructor, have you yet to find your own?"

These words were written in a sharp black ink, on top of a score sheet, sitting comfortably on Kokyuu's dining-room table. Only able to find more questions with each day of introspection, she decided to set forth on a journey across the lands to seek out the identity of the message's sender, as well as to find out her own answers. Carrying only a spear, a fiddle, and a few changes of clothes, she tends to overly rely on staying at inns. Though she refers to herself as a 'Traveling Minstrel' during her travels, she usually refuses to play any instruments and instead relies on a deep wallet in order to fund her ridiculously particular taste in food. She is also known to dislike being around people, and is generally only seen talking with the chefs who are patient enough to cater to her demands.

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=12][color=COLOR1]⇘⇘ [/color][/size][size=12][color= COLOR2][b] T I T L E[/b][/color][/size][size=12] [color=COLOR1]┉[/color][/size][size=12] FIRST MIDDLE LAST[/size]
[color=white]xxxxx[/color][size=11][color=COLOR1]↘[/color] [color= COLOR2]trait one[/color] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [color=COLOR1]↘ [/color][color= COLOR2]trait two[/color] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [color=COLOR1]↘[/color][color= COLOR2] trait three[/color][/size]
[img]300x150 image here[/img]
[size=12][color=COLOR1]▹ ▹[/color] [/size][size=11][color= COLOR2]age in words[/color][/size] [color=white]xx[/color] [size=12][color=COLOR1]▹ ▹[/color] [/size][size=11][color= COLOR2]birthday month, day[/color] [/size][color=white]xx[/color][size=12][color=COLOR1]▹ ▹[/color][/size] [size=11][color= COLOR2]gaia_username[/color][/size]
[list][list][list][list][size=11] brief summary. (if premade-rewrite the summary with more specifics/according to how you like the character)[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

[list][list][list][list][list][img]imgurlhere[/img]
[size=9][color=COLOR1]▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅[/color][color=COLOR2]▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅[/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=16][color=COLOR1] ⇘ ⇘[/color] [color=COLOR2]FIRST NAME LAST NAME[/color][/size]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=14][color=COLOR1][b] ⇢ [/b] [/color][color=COLOR2]TITLE HERE[/color][color=COLOR1][b]⇠[/b][/color][/size]

[list][list][list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]█████ ▌[/color][color=COLOR2]B A S I C [/color]
[list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ɴᴀᴍᴇ[/color] [size=11]firstname lastname[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴀɢᴇ[/color] [size=11]in words[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ[/color] [size=11]month day [/size]
[color=COLOR1]»[/color] [color=COLOR2]ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ [/color][size=11]female/male [/size]
[color=COLOR1]»[/color] [color=COLOR2]ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ[/color] [size=11]in words[/size]
[color=COLOR1]»[/color] [color=COLOR2]ʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛʏᴘᴇ [/color][size=11]text[/size]
[color=COLOR1]»[/color] [color=COLOR2]ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ[/color] [size=11]how do they usually look[/size]
[/list][/list][/list]
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[color=COLOR1]█████ ▌[/color][color=COLOR2]P E R S O N A L[/color]
[list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ [/color]
[size=11]personality information[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ʙʀɪᴇғ ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ [/color]
[size=11]history (in reference to the war, if applicable - ten years ago)[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ʟɪᴋᴇs [/color]
[list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]▹ [/color][size=11][/size]
[/list][/list][/list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴅɪsʟɪᴋᴇs [/color]
[list][list][list]
[/list][/list][/list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ[/color]
[size=11]anything special to mention[/size]
[/list][/list][/list]

[color=COLOR1]█████ ▌[/color][color=COLOR2]A B I L I T I E S[/color]
[list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ sᴋɪʟʟs [/color]
[size=11](general skills - includes psychological ones like diplomacy or persuasion)[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2] ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs[/color]
[size=11](i.e swordfighting horseriding treeclimbing)[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs[/color]
[size=11](if they have any)[/size]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴇϙᴜɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ/ᴄᴀʀʀʏɪɴɢ [/color]
[list][list][list] (things they have with them, 3-5 items, you can group similar)
[/list][/list][/list]
[/list][/list][/list]

[color=COLOR1]█████ ▌[/color][color=COLOR2]Q U E S T ACHIEVEMENTS[/color]
[list][list][list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ[/color]
[list][list][list] (leave these blank until later)
[/list][/list][/list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ[/color]
[/list][/list][/list]
[color=COLOR1]» [/color][color=COLOR2]ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ[/color]
[/list][/list][/list]
[/list][/list][/list]

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

Will have the current setting of the roleplay as well as older ones as setting changes

↘↘Map of the Known World

User Image
      The current map reflects only some of the most populated cities. We will add cities and change the path as we go. For example, the direct path from Atolon to Ceodol is through the water to Siloam, but we may decide whether to take that route or the long way down the continent from the Port of Atolon.

↘↘Havensae; Kɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴏғ Aᴛᴏʟᴏɴ capital city
            User Image

Havensae is the capital city of the Atolonian kingdom. It's a gated city, with springs and mountains and mostly cloudy, dreamy weather. Havensae is known for it's merchants and trade and for the most part, consists of the palace at the center, it's surrounding gardens and training grounds, and then, marketplaces for the merchants and trades that come in from the other cities of Atolon.

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

UPDATES!
All thread and roleplay updates will be here.

» QUEST UPDATE

Added a Quest-FAQ post after the general FAQ. It'll have some information about the mini quests in the journey -- allowing our characters to get power-ups/abilities on the way // especially useful after entering the southern boundary, where magic may be prevalent.

» PROFILE SHEET ADDITION

As of Tuesday, January 13 - I added abilities + quest sections to the profile sheet, make sure you don't miss them!

» CHARACTERS ADDITION

Added some more civilian characters (doesn't make sense if Velia's the only one)- if anyone is interested. I thought it would be good to have some characters from the cities / who are not royal-affiliated.

» FIRST QUEST HAS BEGUN! + SETTING MAP

The first quest has started. I also added a world map to the Setting post ^ above so that you have a general idea of the lay of the land smile

» FIRST QUEST ENDED + RULES UPDATE - 03/17

So I'm planning to end the first quest by wrapping stuff up. I'm guessing leaving things too open ended almost led the rp to dying :c... I'll be a little more strict on posting deadlines now. Heads up for quest 1 achievements and the next story post today.

» STRICT DEADLINES

I'm going to be more strict on the deadlines now.
                    If you don't get a post in by Friday - - I'll start prodding you.
                    You have +/- 3 days after a deadline to post without any given reason. If you give me a reason, you're clear.
                    If you miss a deadline 3 times without a reason and with the grace period, I'm going to mark you as inactive :c

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

General FAQ !
I'll post questions I received with the answers here!

»Can the characters be other races? Or just humans?

Since the story starts out in an era of post-war, there isn't really any magic left // we're assuming the dragons took it with them. However, you can play a character that is another race// or partially another race and doesn't know it yet -- we can reveal it later on when they journey past the southern boundary.

»The rumour about the Prince of Ceodol's little sister who went missing in the war?

Aha! The lost sister of the Prince of Ceodol is already in the premade cast. She just doesn't know who is yet because her memories were altered - as were the prince's. So she's accounted for.

»What about the rumour about the heirs of Atolon?

I can't confirm or deny this rumour publicly! If you're interested, message me!

»Can the characters have magic?

Yes! Some characters like the Mystic Healer are old users of magician - from before the war (ages would have to be in the range of 23-30+). But magic is not well-liked - since it reminds people of the dragon war destruction so keep it hidden/secret until necessary (during the journey).

»What if I can't decide which character to be?

If you like two premades and can't decide, we can condense them into one! Or I can help you make a new character that fits into the royal_aides or a cool citizen. What about past-thieves or runaway convicts that use the one_wish_granted for pardon and join the quest? People with selfish reasons and ulterior motives are cool too! (The premades are all goody-goody, eh?)

»Can I submit my own reserve?

Totally! If you have an idea for your own character that fits in, go for it! (Doesn't even have to be a civillian, though I would advise against royal family members (extended family works fine - cousin of Prince of Ceodol or something like that-but remember that they'll have to be a bit estranged as I don't want to have everyone change their bios to fit the newcomer's history).

Be creative! Send me your ideas and I'll probably give you a green light.

»Can I play someone who is not in the Quest?

Most of the characters will be in the Quest simply because NPCs don't last very long. As the group is travelling, they will go from place to place quickly (and spend the most time in the uncharted territories). So you could choose to play a character from another city/village who volunteered after meeting the quest group and then joined their quest! But just a quest NPC would be super short :c

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

QUEST FAQ !
This will be about the Quest tasks/achievements part of the storyline.

» QUEST TASKS

GM posts will dictate Quest tasks in the form of story posts. For example, in crossing a city in the kingdom, someone may come up to the group asking for help in finding their cat - this would become an unofficial task. Based on how the quest members evaluate/achieve this task, they'll get achievements. They can add these achievements to their profiles' abilities sheets. Past the southern boundary, abilities gained can also be magic-based.

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

space for when necessary

► ◄

Springtime Capitalist

User Image

space for when necessary

► ◄

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items