Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Loiterer

User Image

xxxxxxxxxx >> Leonard Arawn << xxxxxxxxx
"A sleep deprived dreamer"

For a Dream world, quite a few people seemed on the melancholic or wary side of things. One had warned him about dangerous people out to get him, the next had this heavy air around her. Sure, people were lost, but being lost wasn't exclusively a bad thing. Lost people are more likely to see something they hadn't seen before.

"I don't usualy speak in third person, but when I do, its for stupidities sake." he answered her question. He had gotten used to make stupid or funny remarks in his life, as dwelling on the darker stuff never really helped. As she introduced herself, he took another sip from his cup, taking in the aroma.

"Aye Ae." he responded. He really should cut down a bit on the bad puns. He could tell she had full control over this area, considering she could summon wind with snap of her finger. At very least she didn't use it against him for his bad jokes.

He did wonder why she seemed to care about wether he is comfortable or not, was she luring him in? He still didn't fully trust her, although he couldn't point out anything amiss either. He could tell she had been here for longer than him, probably a good deal longer. Maybe she was just tired or lonely?

"Don't worry, I'm happy enough with not worrying about checking the ground for edges or feeling tired all the time. Besides, I prepared myself a drink." he raised his cup a bit further up, before taking a sip. "You're from the real world aswell, right? How come you're holing yourself up in here?"

OutOfCacao

Shy Witch

☆═━ ♧ Aednat O'Raghailligh ♧ ━═☆

User Image

♧"Catch on fire and people will come for miles to see you burn."♧

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Aednat gave a chuckle, it was rare she met people who actually had a sense of humor here. Everyone, normally, just wanted to go home and leave this hell hole. Then there were the people who wanted to stay and the people that could not leave. She was one of the unlucky souls that could not leave, it felt like she would be stuck here forever. But how long was forever, really? Ae contemplated the world she used to live in, however, she only remembered the house, the field, and one woman. Everything else had faded away like a bad dream, never to return to her thoughts. She wasn't sad about it anymore anyway. Aednat looked to him once more, sadness shining in her eyes for a brief moment before dying out like a flickering flame. "I have no say in whether I stay here or not. I can't go back, but I hardly remember where 'back' is." She admitted this freely, there were others like her that she had run into. However, it had been so long since she found someone like her.
She stopped moving her feet in the water, staring as the ripples faded to make the water still. "What about you? Why haven't you gone back?" Ae took the flower crown off her head while she spoke. She crumpled it in her hands and when she opened it again, the flowers had disappeared. All that remained in her hand was black ash. She opened up her hands and let the ash free to the wind as it carried it away. With another moment of curiosity she asked, "Have you met others?" Aednat wouldn't tell whether she had or not. Most of the people she met are dead, not all of them, but most of them. She didn't exactly like to admit it, but she couldn't really help her ways anymore.
The whole encounter right now was weird. It was the longest conversation she has had in a very long time. And Ae would be lying if she said she didn't miss it. But most of the people she met bragged about the light and when they explained it they said it was beautiful and took them home. They said it just came out of no where, out of the corner of their eyes and spread. She watched one of them disappear. They dissipated into light and never returned. From that day on, Ae no longer gave them that chance. If she was stuck here, then so was everyone else. If she had to die here, then everyone else would have to along with her.

♧"Focail iad tine péinteáilte amháin; Is cuma an tine féin."♧

【ⓞⓞⓒ: Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was really sick and spent all day hugging the toilet. >.<;;

Devoted Loiterer

User Image

Ae did not seem to dislike his bad jokes too much, or she at least covered it up pretty well. He couldn't help but feel the somber air around her, like she was tired of living. The reason for her sadness was lying within her next answer. She had been forced into this place without being able to return - Leo couldn't quite figure out how she could be forced to stay unless...

'there was something on the internet... a permanent state of sleeping without a logical explanation. Maybe she is one of the victims? Then again, you can't rely on that kind of source.' he concluded. Well, since both of them were here... either way he couldn't tell.

He couldn't give her a good reply on her follow up question, but maybe being sincere was for the best right now. "Heads up, I'm not here for long. I don't know If I can go back or not. And I have to admit this place is... it has liberties."

The freedoms this place gave sure were alluring, Leo could leave behind his handicap and move around as he wished. He did not feel permanent tiredness or the need to be cautious about his surroundings incase he took a non-sheduled nap. The question how ones view would change upon being imprisoned in here for who knew how long still remained though. She seemed a victim to just that, something which likely caused her somber personality.

"Wouldn't know if anyone I met was real or just created myself. I did run into someone though." he answered her question. "Do you know the people around here? I heard there might be dangerous ones around here."

He wasn't aware he was currently in presence of someone 'dangerous'. He did not fully trust her, but he hadn't felt any animosity from her. Maybe he could start trusting her...

OutOfCacao

Shy Witch

User Image

As the woman waited for his reply her thoughts were racing. What on earth was she doing? Since when did she talk to people? Internally she continued to argue, knowing full well which voice was who. The one who cared lived in the old world, lived in home. And the new one was born out of this darkness. The moment he said that he wouldn't be here for long, jealousy rose within Aednat. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye and wondered why he was so special that he was able to return. It wasn't fair. None of this was.
Snapping back to the world around her, Ae listened carefully. "Nope, never met anyone. You're the first person I've had a conversation with." Technically she wasn't lying, since she said she hadn't had any other conversations. She ran into people but they didn't live long.
The woman stood, placed her feet on the water and began pacing along its surface as if it was solid ground. There she wondered what to do. So many different possibilities. However, she did miss another persons company when they weren't bragging about being able to leave. "Have you ever seen a light? Sort of like a glow?" This was the question. It would decide what would happen next, what her actions would bring. She kind of liked Leo's company, he was funny and different from the other people here. Everyone else just wandered out like ghosts not sure what to do. Aednat stopped moving, still standing on the water, and looked directly at the man sitting on the dock.
All she wanted was his answer, to know whether or not he has seen it. More importantly, she wanted to know why she couldn't see it. How could she ask someone that? She would seem so, what was the word? Pathetic. That was it. Ae never wanted anyone to see her as weak or pathetic ever again. No one could ever look down upon her again, she was strong here and she loved that. But the loneliness was starting to take its toll.

【ⓞⓞⓒ:

Devoted Loiterer

User Image

Thinking about it, telling her he wouldn't be here for long was likely a bad way of putting it, considering she couldn't leave. He looked up at the sky, contemplating about wether he was possibly caught inside this place like her. He intended to leave, he had to, but wether it was possible was another thing.

"If I don't leave, I'll turn into a burden again. I don't want that." he murmered. When she answered never having met anyone, it puzzled him a bit. Had she really never met anyone? It sounded strange for someone who had been here for a while, then again, maybe she had forgotten. Or she was lying.

Her question about having seen a light was also strange. She didn't mean a literal light by his guess, maybe it was a philosophical thing? It was difficult answering it, so he remained silent for a bit to think for the right answer.

"I don't remember seeing any kind of special light. Not here and not in the real world. Besides, I never focused much on the bright side of life. My life has allways been kind of grey, but I never minded. I know 'grey' has a negative reputation, but I'm fine with a grey life."

He moved up from his squatting position as she walked into the lake, the sight wasn't too shocking if you were aware of the dream like state you were in. It did look intresting though, he had to admit that. He looked around, while resting his left hand inside his baggy trousers. The cup from his hand was tossed to the grass.

"I'm assuming the light has something to do with leaving this place, right? You've met others who were able to leave, right? I don't understand why you're lying to me, but I don't care either way. I'm searching for a way back - I don't intend to leave you behind though." There was a bit of a distance between them, he was ready to dodge her next attack if possible.

OutOfCacao
time for a bit of Drama

Shy Witch

User Image

She tilted her head while listening to his answer. So no light? Well that was fine, then. Ae didn't have a response for his self pity, she didn't exactly care. As heartless as it was to think that way. But how could someone really think that way? All this time stuck here, angry and alone, she never thought that way. She just made the best of it, as best as she could. Sure, it wasn't the most fun place to be unless someone mentioned a light, but she was okay with it. Here, Aednat could do whatever she wanted. This place is where you were trapped, but you were completely free. So in a way it wasn't all bad, especially when she forgot about home and where she used to live. Then this place was great.
Ae paused, her body tensing when he said that he knew she was lying. She turned and faced him with a serious face, her lips a thin line. "Yes, you see the light and you leave. And how the hell do ya know if I'm lyin' or not?" Aednat laughed and placed her hands on her hips, a pose she had learned from her mother. "You just met me, why do you care about me? Or are you just sayin' that to get on my good side?" She raised an eyebrow and walked a few steps closer to him. She couldn't figure this guy out. Why would he say he wouldn't leave her behind when, in reality, the moment he saw that light he couldn't come back. And she would be stuck here. There was no point in making promises one can't keep.
"You don't know anythin' about me. Don't go assumin' anything that I say is a lie or a truth. It'll get ya in trouble." She said before making a swirling motion with her hand. At the same time, his cup that he littered on the ground lifted and flung at him. She wasn't exactly aiming for any part of him, she just wanted to hit him to let him know that she was in control here and nobody else. Ae lowered her arm, not caring if she missed or not and made her eyes meet his. There was no anger in them, just slight annoyance and fear because Aednat didn't like being getting too close. She never really did to begin with, it didn't matter who it was. Even still, she was upset and a part of her hoped he didn't say something stupid. It was always when someone said something stupid that people got hurt. Always. She just hoped that Leo had some common sense.

【ⓞⓞⓒ: dun dun dunnn

Devoted Loiterer

User Image

Informations. An ally. These two things were the original goals Leo had set himself. He knew the first was obviously the easier task, the second being considerably harder. He could talk to people, but he allways kept them at distance enough to be acquaintances yet not friends. It had allways worked out for him, so why change a running system.

The thing was, if he wanted an ally to trust, he had to do just that. He had to break his own laws and build up a connection. But doing so by slowly getting to know each other ... he felt it would draw things out. Not something he wished for. There was another option though, the do or die option - possibly quite literaly. People only break down their defensive walls if they attack. So he had to piss her off to get to know her properly. He had come to that conclusion after having answered her question on the light.

'Not like I can actually back my claim she is lying, but it seems she just accepts it' he thought to himself as she answered his provocation. She was still being defensive though, he had to piss her off more...

"I never said I'd get you out, only that I intend to get you out aswell if that is possible." he spoke in a lightly raised voice. shortly after he had to dodge a cup being aimed at him head with a quick backstep. He couldn't read the expression in her eyes too well, though it wasn't pure anger. Still, she seemed to be close to the threshold of reveiling herself. He needed something to set off the bomb.

"Then again, you probably don't want to go home anyway. Thats why you're still here, huh? if thats the case, then feel free to stay." He said, before pulling his hand from his pocket and clicking the ball-like device.

Moment later, the immediate area was covered in thick smoke - the item he had kept his hands on the entire time had been a smoke bomb. He had created it through bending 'his dream' to have this kind of Item. Then again, it would only stall for the smallest bit of time...

OutOfCacao
Is there actually anyone else around anymore? I don't feel that strongly towards a 1on1 RP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff