Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Smoker

The Three Remaining of the Four Heavenly Kings
                                      Riki of the East || Nana of the South || Hakurei of the West

User Image

Over the last couple weeks, the Oni trio hadn't really done anything. Lots had happened around the land, though they were convinced their sudden appearance was not the cause. They had thought about going travelling to search for answers, but the Empress Regent convinced them to stay, saying she would help them with their hunt for information. However, they hadn't seen her these past two weeks. Riki and Hakurei were getting anxious waiting, though Nana did her best to keep them calm. Of course, that only worked so well.

The Empress had seen to their care, giving them rooms to sleep in and food and drink to stuff their bellies with. But the uneasiness was still present. It was only now that Riki was completely fed up with waiting. She stormed her way through the palace, with Nono trying to stop her, and Hakurei egging her on. After politely asking some guards in the palace where the Empress Regent was, she marched he way onto the council room.

The trio arrived at the doors to the council room which had a pair of armed guards in front of it. The pair stepped in front of her to stop her advance, but a quick sideways glance from the woman made them reconsider. As Riki placed her hands to enter the room, a familiar chill rose up her spine. She growled, and pushed the doors open, storming into the room. As she did, her eyes immediately fell on the Houshoku Demon. "I thought I smelt something terrible on my way here," She said, not having actually smelt him, just making a poor insult. Of course, she spoke with a smile on her face. There was a common ground between old and strong creatures, relatable things to discuss, old stories to share. To be honest, Riki didn't even mind seeing him here, though she did always get a nasty shiver when she did.

She immediately turned to the Empress Regent, making a short bow, "Me and my friends are tired of waiting around here. Are you going to help us or not?" She said. By this point, Riki had already informed the Empress of why they had come down from their mountain home, to hunt down their leader's killers. However, she had also asked that this information be kept away from prying eyes. The last thing Riki wanted was for this news to get around.

The Song of our Hearts
Company: Yuuto, Empress Regent, Aka

WarmApplePaii's Partner In Crime

Enigmatic Witch

User Image
|||| T E N S H I >>>>>

Location || Mogami River - Border of Hokaide and Yamato
Feeling || Calm
Music of the moment || >> Labyrinth<<

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chewing a bit on the charred stick, Tenshi tilted her head as the girl spoke about her Father - her teacher , the one who would have shown her how to be a master. . if he was around. He had shown this girl the right path. . and a proper use of the blade. . .but now she was without teacher. . Like a blade without a forge to temper it. It saddened Tenshi, moved her a bit. . but she could not let such things distract her. However. . this . . DID fall under her prerequisite of being a goddess. This was HER domain after all. . . maybe she could. . . work something out. Tapping the stick to her chin, she strummed her fingers along her arm as she continued to look over at her pink clad companion. Hearing her out. . . Tenshi simply nodded she stopped speaking. . . The little goddess seemed to be debating over a few things. . her expressions changing like the seasons. " I could do that. . . but. . . and then. . . . well if. . . no impossible. . . but maybe. . "

Tilting her head side to side, she closed her eyes and mumbled a bit. " Teach a man to fish. . . I think that's how it goes. . " Nodding once more, Tenshi stood up and dusted herself off. " Very well. . . I shall be your teacher then. . . " Crossing her arms, she looked down at Xaio who was still sitting by the fire. " I know. . . not very. . . convincing right? What can a child teach me! Shes barely the size of a normal katana!" Putting her arms up she continued. " She can make blades! But can she even use them!? " putting her arms back down she huffed. " Why of course I can. . . I can do many things that involve the way of the Warrior. . . Hachiman guides me . . and so. . I should guide you." Resting her hand on the hilt of her blade, the small girls gaze drifted around her to look upon the swords she had created. " If one wishes to learn. . then they should be allowed to learn. You have. . . a good aura about you. . . and your blades seem rather happy as well. This is something I cannot simply ignore. . . But. . more on that later. . I will tell you this though. . "

Walking over to the girl, Tenshi held out her hand to help her up. " I am something many have lost hope on. One who has heard the cries of humans and have had little power to ease their fears. However. . . I am also something that seeks to end this war before it grows into an even bigger monster. If I do teach you. . . . if you chose to come with me. . . you must support my wishes. . . so long as you feel they are right. IF we are to succeed. . . I need your faith. . ." Looking down, the small girl seemed to grow a little distant to the conversation as she began to mumble. " And. . . some prayers would be nice.. . . " Rubbing the back of her head, her eyes drifted once more. " M-Maybe an offering. . or. . two. . . every now and then. . " Sighing she just seemed to crumple a bit. " It is a possibility I am in need of help as well. . . . more so then I am letting on it seems. . . "

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Friendly Conversationalist

11,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
Sasha Volodlak entered his home with a solemn gaze in his eye as he thought of the Dowager's orders. It was obvious that even after a full day of duty it bothered him still despite his wife's small encouraging attempts to draw him out of his mind by tending his needs carefully. The dinner he ate was specially made and seemed to cost more than his wife's normal efforts into making her food. Wren S. Ift noticed it and politely complimented her hard work but found that he hadn't tasted a single bit of the food since he'd been lost in thought. After the end of the meal he announced to his wife his troubles. "Wife, I dearly love you but I have been ordered by the queen to find a mystical artifact. Soon I will not be home to enjoy your comfort but for now I know not where to start."

Wren S. Ift waited for a moment for the impact of his words to sink through and confirm her last two weeks of suspicion of an impending departure. "Why now? Why you? Surely, she must have another person who can take your place?" Wren S. Ift smiled softly to his wise wife because he'd asked himself the exact same questions. He was not in line to take anyone's position and neither had he gone out of his way to please his superiors other than follow his orders. "Wife, I will humor you to say that I do not know but to defer this request to someone else is cowardice I cannot show. I assume it must be because of the party and my presence drew the Queen Regent's eye on that day." His wife smiled at his instead of getting frustrated and it almost sent a shiver down his back. His wife said, "It could be that someone doesn't want you revealing a secret because you were there." Wren S. Ift blinked and forcefully smiled back at his wife for a brief moment before digesting the thought then dismissing it. "Those are dangerous words wife.", Sasha Volodlak warned.

As much as Wren/Sasha hated to admit that his wife could be correct he didn't ignore her words so he mustered a trace of magyck at the tip of his thumb and forefinger to cast a protection ward. The bright spark from his fingertips expelled in a wave followed by a command spell. Sasha Volodlak abruptly slouched with a sigh. "Dear, warn me next time when you are so bold to speak so frank. I can't have eavesdroppers hearing us but if there were any they wouldn't be able to hear us now. My magic creates a blanket of lightning within the room for us preventing sound from passing through as anything but a humm." Wren S. Ift was gloating at his ability until his wife's furious frown warned him of trouble causing him to open his mouth and sharply close it as his wife bit into him. "Well, should I not be so frank when my husband sets sail on a quest leaving his wife to perish in a cold bed? Should I not speak truth when my man cannot see what a woman's eye's can't? Do you even know how to tie your shoes without me?" Wren S. Ift almost replied, "That's not fair", but experience told him to apologize. "I am sorry dear so speak frank with your foolish husband. I have only loved you more for it." Those words almost won him an award with his wife had she not had a stubborn steak meaner than his. The conversation returned to an even plain as Sasha Voldlak's wife gathered the wits she was loved for and spoke even more frank than before. "Foolish husband then you must find an ally in your quest. May I suggest that tiny girl that you told me of?" Sasha Volodlak almost gulped at the tension she brought the table with her words.
"The Kami, Tenshi?" He answered.
His wife replied, "The very same one. You did mention that she was of extraordinary circumstances."
"I did, didn't I?" Sasha verbally squirmed. "Yes, the very same one. I think she may have some use to you after all."

Fashionable Vampire

10,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Elektra Heart
User Image

OOC: SOrry its so short D: feeling bleh
Where: A temple in Fukui
With: Yong, Satoshi
Feel: Meloncholy, Curious
Outfit:Red hanbok

The stranger explained that the monks had been kind enough to let him come in for some water, to this she nodded. He complimented on the freshness of the water, which was expected, of course it was fresh. The Raven hair man, humbly denied his warrior status, even though his sword contradicted this, he continued by comparing himself to a scarecrow. Pondering the word Scarecrow, she tilted her head with confusion, she did know what such a thing was, and eventually decided to overlook it. Chaehwa could tel from the context of this "scarecrow", that he was used as a ward of sorts. Chaehwa nodded once more as the man Thoroughly explain his situation. The Man dismissed the possibility of chaehwa being a nun, to this she giggled, "That would be correct", she said approving his assumption. Her Silk dress probably indicated her social standing clearly, it also conveyed her foreign descent. Chaehwa pondered a moment before she decided she would reveal her identity, she did not see reason to hide it. "Iam the New Empress of Yamato... Though i guess in terms of offical court rank i'am more of an "Empress Former". My name is Chaehwa, it means colorful flower", she explained. "This is Yong-sun", she said gesturing to the figure looming behide her, "He is my Personal body guard, dearest friend, and for a time my guardian. You are traveling yes, perhaps we can join for abit, their is town just down the road?", she inquired. Chaewha turned to Yong and looked up at him as if she were a child asking for a toy, " Yong-sunnnn, we should go the market and buy some offerings for the temple", she suggested. " I'll go change into something simpler", she announced gleefully and with that the girl dashed off leaving the two alone.

Awkward Hug

Lord Edegaru

Akumu oukoku's Precious

Divine Kitten

15,750 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Initiate Samurai Xiao Quin
" You haven't seen anything yet. "

XXXXXXXXXIntelligent tab Religious tab Naive tab Adventurous tab Curious tab Lonely
                                                          ❝ Patience is the ultimate power in the world, but if you wait too long, your power will corrupt you. ❞

ocation: Along the river.
                                                          ompany: Tenshi.
                                                          lothes: (Refer to left image.)
                                                          Ϣeapons: Large Battle Fans. (match outfit.)
                                                          Ⱦheme: Two Steps From Hell. - "Starfall." [Orchestral Music.]

XXXXXXXXXX ▸ ▹ ▸ Her sadness was quickly swallowed by the change of pace in this conversation. Instead, this was far more up beating and the tunes were rather pleasant. Tenshi had given off a contradicting facial expression in her midst of response towards XiaoQuin's statement. She had even gone to become verbal with her inner thoughts. Patiently, she would sit and stare towards the Goddess as she contemplated whatever it was she was contemplating currently. XiaoQuin looked down upon the fish steak she had lying on the cloth, she really needed to finish this delightful food, so she picked it up and had done just that. She ate normally once more, as if nothing else had been bothering her. It had helped the child to talk about all of the repressed problems she had been dealing with. Because she was indeed just a 17 year old. Any adult in her position would not be so affected by it, for their tenure in life. Her. . . well she has the whole world against her this early in her life. It would of seemed talking about her problems would clear her mind. Even if the thoughts still lingered slightly. To take her mind off of this, she looked towards Tenshi. She had on an entirely new face as she had seemed to come to her final thoughts.

Much to her own surprise, Tenshi had seemingly volunteered herself to become this new teacher. XiaoQuin seemed rather embarrassed all of the sudden by all of this. She had felt guilty for seemingly dumping the problems all over Tenshi, for her to outright take unto this young blood for the time being. XiaoQuin began to think if she had somewhere in her story, asked or pleaded for a new teacher. . . Perhaps out of spite Tenshi agreed. She did not want to be the burden to Tenshi if she had in some way insinuated herself upon this new girl. XiaoQuin had used a piece of cloth to wipe her hands with. But she seemed to be at a complete loss for words due to her sudden burst of excitement. Though it was not necessarily noticeable, her eyes lit up like a fire. But, just as she was about to express her gratitude, Tenshi had seemed to be arguing with herself. For a moment, XiaoQuin had seemed to be staring at her with a rather confused dawn look upon her face, a look of void misunderstanding. But she chose not to speak words to her in the middle of her ramble, it could prove to show a great sign of disrespect speaking out of turn. She merely tilted her head ever so slightly as she listened to her words of 'wisdom'.

Tenshi had spoke of Hachiman, a figure her father had taught her upon arriving to Japan prior. It was true, XiaoQuin was a Shinto Worshiper. It was where her faith had been stored, and her hopes to which keep her father safe in the Spirit World. Hachiman was the figure all Samurai's worshiped. XiaoQuin, though not fully considered a Samurai, had a great knowledge of him. From her fathers teachings. It had caused her to become more interested in Tenshi. She too must of been of familiar faith. Tenshi had drawed her attention in close as she lead on. XiaoQuin had watched her shift over closer to her. With a helping hand, she let it rest before her. XiaoQuin studied it for a moment before taking her hand, and rising to her feet. She would need XiaoQuins faith if they were to succeed. She nodded her head slightly, as if agreeing.

" I will support your actions, Master Tenshi. If you do right by me, I will use your teachings to be a formidable ally in your quest. " She replied, the fire returning to her eyes once more. She spoke with a kindled flame, and the heart of young blood finally coursing through the veins of a rusted body. She is finally able to continue with her teachings, she could finally be helpful once more.

Though there was something rather weird about the closing statements of this speech. Tenshi had asked for. . . Faith and Offerings. Much like an actual form of Religion. She may be just a child, but she was none shorter than the appropriate amount of chromosomes. She was quite smart, she had been speaking as if she, herself, were some form of God. But she was sure she was overthinking things. Instead, she nodded her head and agreed to the terms. She figured like any, this was how you must please your superiors. To gain the favor of them so that you may continue on with your teachings. She decided to crack a small joke. . .

" So like, when you are asleep, am I supposed to sit beside you and pray like you would a shrine? " She gave a goofy smile.

Dangerous Phantom

8,625 Points
    • Angelic Alliance 100
    • Battle: Knight 100
    • Marathon 300
    User Image
    Satoshi Yamada

Satoshi looked surprised as he spit out a mouthful of water to show it at the mention of who the lady actually was. Well that explains it. Sato thought to himself as he bowed to her, falling to his knees. She had nonchalantly revealed her identity and that of her servant while also suggesting the idea of traveling together for part of their journey. Sato couldn't think of anything to say before Lady Chaewa talked about going to the market in town and so she left to change her clothes, leaving him and Yong alone. When he heard her leave, Satoshi looked up from the ground and rose to his feet but didn't leave a bowing position as spoke now. "I would never have imagined to find royalty here in all of places. Please forgive my disrespect." Satoshi said sincerely. His mind went back to the wagon he had found outside the temple and realized that it didn't look at all important as if to transport the empress herself. Just my luck! Stopping for water and finding the Empress of Yamato and looking at her with interest at that! Sato feared some sort of punishment from Yong who surely had authority himself who had already been eying him distastefully.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff