Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Roisterer

Steiner Amsel
Vice-Commander of Valor Arms

User Image

Steiner was taken off guard slightly by the bow offered him by Othello and he nodded in kinda, removing his cap, he remembered the events vaguely, it had been several years since then and much had happened between. He quickly reviewed his memories and recalled what the man was referring to. Chicago, that had been after they had left Mexico and they had lent their support to a rebel group located there. As he remembered it, that group had been wiped out shortly after they had departed, Steiner regretted that it had come to that. He frowned, "Major Curran was a coward, I was not sorry to hear of his passing. I only wish he hadn't taken the rest of his people down with him and I am pleased to see at least one of you survived," this time he was smiling, it was sad but genuine, "I am afraid I do not recall your name, I am sorry. As you can remember yourself, it was quite a hectic affair. But I am pleased to welcome you to Valor Base. Commander Starr and myself have reached an agreement of sorts, I hope you decide to stay with us, I would enjoy talking with you further and learning what has happened since Chicago."

Nearby, Jeremiah saluted to Lydia and she turned to Steiner. He could tell what she was trying to do and he appreciated it. He nodded, "Of course, I'll see to it," he said and turned back to Othello, "make yourself comfortable. This is as safe a place as any." he replaced his cap and smiled at Othello and then stepped to main hangar bay door, walking away. As he walked further from the rest of the group, his smile slowly melted into a frown as his thoughts returned to Mei Feng. Head low, he walked into the tree line and headed for the path that would take him to Heavy Rain. He stopped however, leaning against a tree, his emotions getting the better of him. "Sir, if I may," came a voice that startled Steiner and he looked up to see Major Stanhope standing across from him in the path. The major had followed him after he was dismissed, Steiner could only nod, "used to have a second by the name of Monty Lieren, some years ago it was now. Anyway, he was a good officer and a brave man, much like your own people. Once upon a time, we were sent on a mission to recover some weapons from a nearby garrison--not Isadora, not so heavily guarded. Captain Lieren, he was in command of Delta Squad, led the initial assault drew those bitzers away from the base and my team went in to retrieve the weapons crates. We was halfway through packin' 'em into the trucks when there came an alarm," Jeremiah's expression darkened at this and his frown turned into a full scowl, "Titan enforcer was there. Wasn't as easily fooled as we had thought, brought a whole force of soldiers down on our head. It was a hard fight, but Captain Lieren returned in the nick of time, drew fire away from me and my lads. He acted as a rear guard, gave us enough time to escape with the weapons."

Steiner stared at Jeremiah as he told his story, when he paused here, he asked, "What happened?" and was again surprised by the abrupt, almost cold response, "Killed, sir. Son of a bitchin' Titan tore him limb from limb. Could hear his screams over the radio before we shut it off. But his sacrifice saved us. He used to have a saying he was fond of; Keep moving forward," Jeremiah stared down at Steiner, his arms crossed, "Mei Feng saved us, Commander. We wouldn't have survived or escaped without what she did. I'm sorry I couldn't get her out of there and though the Blessed Lady won't admit it out loud, she's sorry too." he said and Steiner smiled, "She was always the bravest of us. Thank you, Major, I will take your words to heart." he replied and Jeremiah nodded once and began walking back to the base. Steiner watched him go, then leaned against the tree. He reached into the pocket of his peacoat with a shaky hand and opened the little book to the last page. The last name on it jumped out at him; Yevgeny Khadarov. Beneath it, he wrote the names of every person who had gone with the rescue team and he began to write an "M", but he stopped, sobbing once. He took a deep breath, composed himself and finished writing Mei Feng into the journal through watery vision.

((That'll be the last post for Steiner and Jeremiah this chapter.))
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jesse Floren aka: ''Lone Wolf''

Jesse had watched the entire Exchange. He could understand Lindsay's point however...this was a war, People died that was the nature of things...least...that's what Jesse would have told her. However for some reason his own heart ached as well. Seeing the faces all around him, sorrow, pain, loss, anger, rage...a seething cauldron of brewing emotions, a perpetual cloud so thick he could have cut through it with his sword. The wolf who had only thought of himself, had only cared about his mission....now felt his own black and hardened heart...was cracking.

However something he heard made this feelings fade. He listened to the way Lydia spoke. Speaking of leaving people behind...Jesse could see some of the soldiers were having looks of disbelief. In truth...so was Jesse though it was not as Obvious. Lydia had always been more down to earth then others, Cautious to a fault...yet she would people behind... Jesse couldn't lie he'd done it before when he worked before Valor...but to hear it from her was a jagged Knife indeed...

Jesse then watched as the meeting was disbanded. He Saw Steiner was about to get down to meet with him but He could see the look on the mans face...this was not a good time. He took the Tags and Necklace from his pocket looking at the Name Carved on them "Feng, Mei" the Pendant was a small thing seemingly of little value, but he knew it would be sentimental. taking the chain he made a loop and wrapped it around his hand and wrist...he would give them back later. He already heard talk of preparing a service in honour of Mei and the other fallen. Jesse thought immediately that he would skip out but...something in him was changed...

Jesse finally got down from the Centaur without a word and walked into his Workshop. the Shelves were mostly bare now...he'd used up a lot of his equipment and Lindsay left his Launcher behind so he would have to start Looting again to rebuild his supply. However that was not why he was here now. He walked past the Empty Shelves, to a Work bench at the back. he turned on a light revealing it was his Bench for work on his sword. He drew his Katana and removed the hand guard. Next he placed the blade and the scabbard on the table, Fitting the sword in place he closed a clamp down on the weapon to hold it in place. The blade was notched and chiped from all the fighting but the light from the lamp shown on a pair of worn names etched into the metal. Jesse ran his fingers over the names "James and Kortana Floren" He reached up and took his engraving tool, sitting on his stool he looked at the smooth metal. He remembered some time back...

Young Jesse looked at his weapon as the Smuggler spoke to him "tell me Child...do you know the names of the People who you strive to avenge?" Jesse looked at the woman and shook his head "James and Kortana Floren...your parents...with this Knowledge...I want you to carve their names into your Blade..." Jesse looked at her confused "Why?" the smuggler smiled "When you Carve a name into something, you breath Life into it...you empower it...the act of Engraving their names will give life and meaning to your weapon, the Etching with Strengthen you and give the resolve to see your work done" Jesse looked at the blade and took a small Combat Knife and a rock and began to etch and carve the metal...it would take hours...but each strike, Each piece of metal removed, Every spark that flew from it...it engraved the names not only in the steel but into his mind and every fiber of his being...

Jesse Looked at the steel before him and began to grind letters into the weapon. Mei Feng, had died so they could all get out alive...She made the same sacrafice his parents had done for him...and that was worthy of the Wolf's respect. Jesse had never before understood what drove people to give their lives for others...but the Looks on the faces of all of Mei's Loved ones...it was begining to come clear for the Lone wolf...Nyle's words...they held some truth after all as they echoed in mind "listen to me. it dosnt matter how strong a man becomes...there will always be something stronger then him...something he cant overcome alone...Humans are weak alone...but by joining together we can achieve amazing things..."

after what Felt like a good 15-20 minutes Jesse looked down at the newly carved name in the blade "Mei Feng" He put away his grinding tool and took the blade holder and carved 10 more notches into it, to represent the Soldiers who went with them and died. He then carved a large symbol into the end to represent the prisoners who died before they could be free. He would Honor all of them by letting them shed the blood even in death.

Jesse then spent sometime grinding and sharpening his sword back to its normal razor edge. with his work finished he Sheathed his sword and strapped it back in place on his back, He looked at the time. He frowned looking down at the chain and tags hanging between his fingers. He knew their would be a Large Crowd tonight to raise a Glass to the fallen...Perhaps...this time...the Wolf would join them in a toast. He also knew Steiner would be there. Looking at the tags he nodded preparing himself...He had a promise to keep...He walked out of the Workshop and disappeared down the hallway.

With: himself and the rest of the Survivors
Thoughts: With every death...My Resolve and Will to Fight will grow...I will not Stop...

I'll find the monster that killed my parents....and they'll never see me coming..

u ''''

OOC: This will be the last for Jesse and Abigale unless you guys need them...and Yes...the Wolf is going to be attending his first ever funeral.
User Image
Aleksander Renatus
Support Operator

Aleks, in his struggle with the swordsman, did not notice the woman he had previously fought rise to the top of the moving Centaur, aiming the mounted gun straight towards him. Firing off shots, Aleks knew there was nothing he could do and embraced himself. However, by some ill-fated luck, whoever had been driving the truck whipped the vehicle, causing the operator to lose both his balance and his rifle and get thrown off the truck. He slammed into the ground with a large thud. Having the wind knocked out of him, Aleks took a minute before finally standing back on his feet. In the distance he could see the ARMs units all engaging in battle. Although they were quite some distance away, they towered above the lone man.

It was then that he noticed something interesting. The XA7 had begun to glow. Aleks thought back to the analysis his men had done on the unit, thinking about what could have been causing it. He remembered something about a safe-fail like function being integrated into the unit. It was this realization that hit Aleks like, well, a Centaur. Quickly looking at his surroundings, Aleks saw the large damaged shield one of the units had dropped in the distance. Running as fast as he could, he heard the female pilot give one last comment through her speaker as light erupted from the machine. Running faster, Aleks saw the visible shockwave moving quickly towards him. As he reached the shield, he dove forwards and wrapped his arms around its large handle. The force from the explosion hit him immediately after, send the shield flying through the air with Aleks hanging on for dear life. While the shield saved him from being disintegrated by the blast, it did nothing to protect him from the ensuing wind pressure, which caused Aleks to lose his grip mid-flight. As he saw the ground getting closer and closer, he braced himself for impact. He then hit the ground, and everything went dark.

Regaining consciousness, Aleks slowly opened his eyes. Getting to his knees, he inspected himself for any injuries. He not only found it difficult to breathe properly, but also felt a sharp pain in his chest, meaning he had more than likely fractured a few ribs. Aleks attempted to stand up, but the pain caused him to fall back to the ground. He then brought his hands up and removed his helmet. He had received a large cut near his mouth, although unlike the one he had on his cheek it would heal in time. Taking in a deep breathing, inhaling the dust and smoke that had been tossed into the air, he once again attempted to stand, this time more successful than the last. Helmet in one hand and his other gripping his chest, Aleks slowly limped across the now barren wasteland.

As he neared the rubble that was once the hangar, Aleks threw his already damaged helmet to the side and fell back to the ground in pain. Theron had to send men out eventually, and he figured he would be found quicker here than he did in the middle of the battlefield. He looked back up at the former hangar. The blast completely destroyed it and any of the Chimeras and Centaurs it held. It was highly unlikely that anything could have survived the collapse...

It was then that Aleks heard a sound come from the rubble. He almost didn't believe it at first. Then he heard something again. Getting to his feet and walking towards the area of the sound, he began to use his limited strength to move the pile of debris around. After a few minutes of digging, he came upon a familiar sight. Although getting buried underneath a collapsing building did it's damage, Aleks instantly recognized the red-haired woman. Letting out a smirk, Aleks painfully spoke with his damaged voice. "Once again I...find you in a wreck. If I didn't know any better, i'd think...you're doing this on purpose."

Armor: On
Company: N/A
OOC:

Tipsy Detective

【◖Simone Heiner◗】
Scientist

User Image
The whole time the battle occurred Simone laid unconscious, in a land of darkness that was her mind. Otto knocked her out good and cold as the loud noise from outside the control room she was in didn't phase her. As she slept she mumbled a few strange things....Things out of her norm. "...Don't go...there." she quietly spoke. whatever her dream, she looked distressed. The rest of her words were barely audible or hard to understand except one thing, "....Haine.." the ruby haired scientist called out.

Simone's rest would cease when a series of loud noises prompted her to wake up and glance at the window overseeing the hangar. The next moment she blinked a flash of light filled her gaze and the room began to crumble from the explosion caused by the XA7. She screamed out as the debris fell around and onto her, causing her to once again fall unconscious. A few minutes later she would wake up again surrounded by darkness and barely able to breathe. Simone deduced she was buried in the rubble and wasn't sure exactly what happened. Attempting to move proved a fruitless venture because the rubble on top of her limited her moving and it pained her to try again. The slender scientist would try again to move the debris. "Rrrgh!" A groan broke out, determined to free herself. Those damn rebels causing such a mess...It could of been worse, or already was when she reflected that this may be her last moments in this world. She had so much to live for, so many new discoveries to uncover and inventions to create. Was it truly the end?

That was when the encased Professor heard footsteps coming by closer and closer to her. She couldn't see who it was but they began to dig out debris. The air began to feel lighter (as light as air can be while the hangar still has some smoke left from the XA7's explosion). Soon she was free from her encasement. The ruby haired Scientist pushed herself up, feeling a sharp pain surge through her arms and to her body when she tried to move, squinting her eyes and letting out a repressed painful groan. Professor Heiner's ruby eyes glanced at the man who saved her once again when he spoke with a damaged voice. He looked like s**t, then again so did she. Simone raised her eyebrow, confused as to what he meant by finding her in a wreck once again.

"That man saved us back when we crashed in the Gorgon during the Dies Solis Shower." the innocent voice Simone dreaded in her head reminded her. Despite her unwanted presence, she made herself useful reminding the current personality in control what he meant. "Hmph..." Neither personality realized he was being flirty. "Right...I set up this wreck of a mess just to get your attention.." The Professor wasn't one for humor, always serious and straight forward with her role. Without waiting for him to extend his hand she took hold of it and pulled herself up and back on her feet. Her legs felt wobbly and standing on them hurt more than when she was laying down but she tried to hide her pained expression but her ruby eyes said it all.

"I take it you're the one who got my distress signal? What exactly happened that caused the Hangar to fall apart?" She asked the man, seeing how his armor was damaged and he was missing his helmet told parts, plus the state of the Hangar was only a fraction of the entire story while her eyes averted his gaze to scan the area and piece it together as he spoke, if he even would explain it to her.

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Theron
The Hunter

User Image

Theron was dealing with the aftermath of the situation after learning about Alpha Squad’s safety was confirmed. Order was now being reestablished and the surviving rebels were long gone, though he was confident they lost more than they gained on this outing. Still the garrison’s casualty rates would be even higher, but ultimately the slaves underneath his command were irrelevant in the grand schemes of things. Than he heard about the hail, now that was an unexpected turn of events. A stolen unit, taunting most likely but that seemed like curious and unusual behavior for the Valor A.R.M.S.

Let it through” the titan general ordered, and placed him slim metal arms behind his back deciding to assert his authority by addressing his caller before he or she could even speak. “This is general Theron of the Titan Empire and commander of the Isadora garrison. I take it this is some rebel scum contacting me, are you hear to brag about your achievement of ensuing chaos and killing your own species? I must say I’m impressed you kill humans well, not many rebel organizations I have faced in the past have so blatantly disregarded human life, and it’s a trait similar to that of a Titan. So you have impressed me with your talents at murder and mayhem, so please speak your peace” he said instantly throwing the speaker on the defensive. If they choose to brag it would only make his claims look more certain, and such weaken whatever they had come here to say.

quote="ShadowMancer_B"]

Divine Traveler

10,640 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Kaiden Thomas-Starr

Kaiden smirked as Theron spoke comparing him to a titan. It was true most of valor shared Lucas's care and concern. They all had a hard time taking a life but Kaiden wasn't like most. He was a monster and accepted it. He was the darkness that was alive in all humans. He embraced it so that his brother could live in the light. " Theron. Hmm so that's your name. Not as impressive as i thought. Anyways doesn't matter what your name is. I'm here to warn you. Your domain over the world of men is coming to a close." He said as he spoke without fear of the Titan. " As regrettable as the lose of life is in this day and age the thing about us humans is no matter how hard you push us down. We are born with a stubbornness that keeps us moving forward towards our goals. Every time you set to attack us we will fight back a thousand times harder. Every time you think you have us pinned know that we will turn the tables and unleash hell upon you. There is a saying from long ago. When you back a wounded animal into a corner beware the sharpness of its teeth. " He said as he laughed a bit. " We humans have been pushed into a corner long enough. Its high time we bared our teeth at you pieces of tin." He said as he spoke with a certain cool headedness that made some of the humans in the control you back up a bit. It was fear they felt not from the titan but from the human who was declaring war on the titan. " This makes the third time we have made a fool of your forces next time we end it." He said as he clicked off the transmission. While he was speaking he left the tracker on for the Arms so that way the Titans would come looking. He had parked the mech far from Valor base. He opened his sniper kit and tossed out the map Lucas placed in there. He then closed the case before clicking a few buttons on the screen. Soon the Mech's screen would should a countdown with a thirty minute timer. He smirked and hurried out taking all his belongings with him.

It didn't take him long to make it a good amount of distance from the mech as he hauled a** putting a few miles between him and mech. Before the sounds of an explosion were heard and a shock wave sent him forward. He smirked as he regained his balance and kept running. He slowed his pace down as he pulled his radio. " Lady Killer to base. I need a pick up" He said relaying his locations to Dj over the radio before finding a shelter to rest at as it was getting colder out. " And Dj, if you could hurry i'd appreciate it its very cold out here." He said as he would almost rather brave the cold than deal with the fire breathing monster known as Lydia at base. She was going to scream at Kaiden but he was ready to defend himself. Kaiden now waited for his pick up crew to get him.

OOC: .

spartan_073
Quote:
Quote:

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Theron
The Hunter

User Image

Theron listened as the human had some robotic in his voice, he knew titans that talked with more human like emotions than this speaker. He threw insults around which the reactions never showed on Theron’s exo-skeleton, but he was annoyed to say the least. Than after threatening to end it in their final engagement, before cutting off. People looked to the titan waiting for some sort of reply, but the hunter’s large frame remained completely still. Then abruptly turned around exiting the control room, no longer seeing a need for his presence.

You’re right about one thing human, next time will be what ends it all” Theron mused to himself quietly knowing full well he had the Valor Arms sized up by now and thanks to their “victory” he had one of his pieces in play. All the fake victories he let them achieve, had indeed made them overconfident and daring like he predicted. The mouse was brave enough now to go after the cheese and right into the jaws of the cat.

quote="ShadowMancer_B"]
User Image
Aleksander Renatus
Support Operator

Aleks's smirk suddenly turned into a serious frown. "I guess you really don't know how to lighten up. Of course you did just get bur-" He was interrupted when the professor grabbed his unextended hand and pulled herself up. As she did so, Aleks clearly saw the struggle she went through in doing so. While he had fell from the sky, he wasn't the one that essentially been buried alive.

She then began to question him as to what had happened. "Considering the rest of the base had either been slaughtered or had busy getting slaughtered, yes. I answered your distress signal. As for the Hangar..." His gaze shifted from Simone to the scorched landscape surrounding them. "...let's just say the young Suns pilot took matters into her own hands...and dismantled the XA7 herself." While he didn't say outright what had happened, it wouldn't be hard to put two and two together.

Turning so that the professor was facing towards his side, Aleks took a deep breath and lowered himself to the ground. Taking a seat on the rubble, he shut his eyes. "Sacrificing her own life....for the well being of her allies, some of which she barely knew. I must admit...a rather admirable trait. Unfortunately for both sides...it was also rather futile." The smoke and dust in the atmosphere burned his throat as he spoke. Opening his eyes once again, Aleks's gaze shifted to the side, looking up at Simone. While she did a good job of pretending to be fine, he knew from her eyes that she was in deep pain at the moment. Aleks sighed as his gaze went forward again and he extended his arm out to the professor. "Take a seat....Simone." In regular circumstances he would have never referred to her by her actual name, but considering they had both nearly died, Aleks didn't think formalities were very important. "...we're gonna be here for a while."

Armor: On
Company: Simone
OOC: Either my last post or my second to last depending on what Leean posts

Tipsy Detective

【◖Simone Heiner◗】
Scientist

User Image
So it was the Support Operator that got her distress signal. The Professor figured as much, as he was the only one in the destroyed hangar not dead or buried under the rubble. Simone looked at the leftover remains of the hangar as Aleksander explained the details, picturing the events unfolding before her. Though her face was pained, she express a concerned expression when it was established the prisoner from the Wandering Suns had perished along with the XA7. Her sapphire eyes scoured for the debris finding any signs of any pieces left. She found many, but they barely looked usable.

"How disappointing...." She said with a monotone voice, making it hard to tell whether she was disappointed in the life lost during the explosion or the loss of the prototype itself. But it was obvious which made her passionate the most. She looked at the Support Operator when he spoke, seemingly moved by her sacrifice for both ally and stranger. "A foolish ambition....To think she could escape. Her chances would have been slightly higher, if she thought only of her own freedom rather than the other prisoners. And even then...She was still a lost cause." Spoke the black heart that occupied her body and yet if one was close enough to her face a single tear was shed as she spoke. An odd occurrence unbeknownst to herself, but that tear belonged to the innocent mind that occupied her mind as if trying her best to fight. To escape her mental prison and relate with the Operator in his thoughts. But all the embodiment of purity could do, was shed a single tear...

Simone looked to Aleksander as he extended his arm, telling her to take a seat. She hesitated for a moment, staring at the stronger man when he pushed aside formalities and called her by her first name. Why was he being so....melodramatic? It may have been the wrong word to describe but she saw a softness of a man buried beneath such trivial thoughts. Has this girl's death really bothered him that much? Confusion aside, she replied. "Very well...Aleksander." A gentle hand slowly reached for his arm, using it as a pillar to seat herself on the rubble. Her physical pained may have been easy to mask, but humans are interesting creatures in knowing when one is trying to hide their pain. For now they would wait until help arrived, staring at what was once a prominent hangar, now only rising flames, smoke in the wind and rubble among the ground.

Divine Traveler

10,640 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Othello Greco

Master Spy, Jokester, and a major pain in the @$$

Othello had nodded to Lydia as he followed a guard assigned to lead him to a bunk but before he left he spoke.. " I'd very much like to help out i have a debt to your young boy." He said as he left the area. As he followed the guard he made sure to take complete detail of all things. He counted many areas in the base that were becoming damage. Resources must have been pretty sparse for them. It wasn't long until he reached his room and smiled. " I thank you guard. " He said as he walked in the guard shot the door and stood out side. He was probably going to follow Othello everywhere. A smirk crossed his face as he opened up his coat and pulled out a device. It didn't look like much but he set it down on his bed and clicked the play button. Soon music would leave the device as it was classical, beethoven from the sounds of it. He smiled as he listened to the music the device had a second use though. It was a gift from the Spy core a tracking device that sent a multiplied layer signal that titans used to communicate. It was hard to detect with out one of the Titans machines and he smirked. So far phase one was moving along better than most thought. He grabbed a book out of bag and began jotting notes in it. To those who read it they would think he was writing a story but he was writing in code as he wrote about the base from what he saw so far. Taking note of the rebels moral and how ready they were.

Othello set the book down out in the open and laid back he wasn't worried about anything. He closed his eyes and relaxed listening to the music and recovering from his wear and tear. Soon the rebels would feel the wrath of a real titan. Nothing like Theron he was nothing but a joke. No A much more dangerous Titan was on their way to fix this problem and Othello was only the start.

OOC: Otto's down till we start next chapter.

Quote:
spartan_073

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas