Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jetfury's Kouhai

Battle-ready Spark

User Image
User Imagel o c a t i o n: Dojo → Garden/Library (briefly) → Indoor Pool
c o m p a n i o n s: Aiden
m o o d: Heartbroken...again somehow.
o. o. c.: I have so many feels whenever I write a Serena post...
Outfit

Any bit of optimism was completely lost within Serena. The little slip on confetti which really was accidental had led to her completely falling to the ground, somehow managing to drag Aiden along for the ride. While he cushioned her from that blow, there was little to be done about the worst that would come from her own fiancé, Sam while Autumn didn’t intercede immediately. Wasting no time at all as Aiden helped her up from that little spill, shielding her, Samuel would verbally lash her. She couldn’t even face him and knew damn well he wasn’t going to listen to her. He never did when he went on one of these rages. Rages that were always bad, especially in those days when he had been addled with drugs. The only difference now was the saving grace that he wasn’t getting physical. Boy did it bring back the bad memories for her though. In her means of coping she would hug herself, trying to fend off the fear that she felt after so long. Last night’s apology of his was something she could only take as false now. There would be no listening and no easy way to repair the damage after all. ‘It’ll be over soon. Just let him get it out of his system. If he hurts you again there will be ways to deal with it. Just keep waiting.’

After spewing his ire at her the Irishman turned to lash out at Aiden next. True, their relationship was probably even worse off than his and Serena’s. From what she could recall though it had been an accident to cause this, though one serious enough to have irreparably damaged the actor’s relationship with his parents to where they still had it out for him even at the present day. All that could happen now was waiting for the storm to pass, which it did after Sam finally had it out of his system, slamming the dojo door and taking Autumn with him to hell knew where. Once he was gone the tension she’d been holding herself together with broke, allowing the tears she had held back from to spill over as she still faced away from Aiden as well. This was the fate her parents had doomed her to? It felt more cruel than anything right then and there. Silently resolving at that point to try to avoid her betrothed for as long as possible as her date recovered enough from the trauma with a little help from Blix to check on her own welfare. Wiping away futilely at the tears of bad memories and verbal abuse she would shake her head. “I’ll get over it. He’s been worse in the past but it still breaks my heart. Let’s go to the Garden-Library then? Food might help the both of us.”

Fleeting moments of happiness in the past the brunette would slip back into her heels and take up her parasol once more, this time leaving it closed as she stepped out of the dojo first. Glancing both ways she was wary of a second verbal lashing lying in wait, only to find the coast clear for once. Waiting just long enough for Aiden to join her she would lead the way towards the Garden-Library. This time around she would make a pretty noticeable attempt to make no physical contact with Aiden, wanting to do anything to avoid a repeat of what had happened moments before. Winding through the mansion once more they would gradually reach their date destination only to open the door to find a couple of nice little setups...with Aki sitting at one of them munching away at a serving of cherries and whip cream. Naturally the first thought was that Serena could have sworn it was blueberry day though she somehow seemed to be eating all sorts of different things this day, before it next sank in that Aki was probably one of the last people she wanted to run into right about then. Her eyes were still teary and her friend was bound to kind of show concern over it and ask questions she really didn’t want to answer. Luckily she spotted someone else familiar within the room that would be willing to help her out there considering he worked for her. “James,” the young woman would call out quietly from the doorway, gesturing for her butler to come hither. Gaze darting between him and Aki she would try to keep her friend from noticing. “Yes, Miss Serena? Is there some manner I can finally assist you with?” Nodding hurriedly she made one request of him while fumbling over her words at least a little bit as she tried to figure the right thing to say. “We’d...like to eat elsewhere if possible. To...to keep it private like dates should be. So, can you please take it to…” Voice trailing off she glanced behind at Aiden to try to think of some good place. “Take it to the indoor pool. Hopefully no one will be there. We’ll just be waiting there, ready to eat.” Picking up on her distress, Serena’s trusted butler would nod and give a short answer. “Understood, young madam.”

With a wave of thanks as James went about making the arrangements on their end to relocate the food and some of the decor she would rush back in the direction they had come, adjusting their route slightly to bring them to the indoor pool while hopefully running into no one else along the way. Once they were alone in the pool room she would finally speak again as Serena dabbed at her eyes once more with her wrists. “Sorry, I know you were probably hungry enough to eat there but I’ve already seen enough of most others for now. It shouldn’t take long.” Admittedly Serena wasn’t very hungry. Sadness usually sapped her hunger but she had to at least try this time to eat instead of skipping like she normally did. She couldn’t just run to the kitchen and bake it away this time. Heels off once more she walked towards the pool, sitting at the edge regardless on whether she was followed that far or not. Sighing, Serena dipped her feet in and resumed hugging herself as she still tried to shrug off what had happened. It wasn’t fair to Aiden to witness or be thrown into that and it just made her feel worse, leading to her next words as the tears renewed their vigor. “Sorry about what happened as well. If I hadn’t been forward and asked for something like a dance you’d have never had to put up with that. He said some harsh things that you didn’t deserve. After eating finally if you wish to part ways for the day I understand.”

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╳┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Kawaii Butthole69

Jetfury
Response :p

Tipsy tea
Autumn mentioned briefly

I Kirby I
Aki mention

User Image
DUKE M. CATALINA

"My body is a cage, we take what we're given."

Duke's very name suggested a magnificence, a majesty that was befitting of the youth. Realizing that all others involved in this great game of intrigue and romance were of the finest blood lines that the world still had to offer. He tried to bare that close in mind whilst dealing with his fellow compatriots at this place. Though few were cut from the same cloth as he, it was as close as anyone could hope to get. Ever since that day... he just knew he was the chosen one. One day a great evil would overtake the land, and he would be the one to vanquish it. He had to, however, have the right partner at his side, else he would be doomed to fail and face eternal suffering at the forces of evil that lurked just in the shadows, waiting to strike when the moment was opportune.

This forced him to question even further why his parents had relegated him to sitting in a goddamn hottub to find that partner. He had faith that destiny would fling his partner upon him and she would eat him up like the hot s**t that he was. These ponderings and meditations were for another time, however, as, some female sat across from him, looking for her chance to woo the man that was Duke, with the hope that she could one day bare his seed. The woman sitting across from him was pretty. Her features were fair, deep azure eyes, and soft pink hair that much resembled a sakura blossom in color. Long and shining in the mid-day's sun, the tips of her hair gently swaying with the water being pumped into the pool in cathartic jets. In this moment, where the two were so utterly alone, allowed to gaze at one another and gently appraise, Duke could produce only one singular question.

" Hm... What is your name again?

With a confused look sprawling out across Duke's serious and tense visage, he couldn't even really remember her face, let alone her name. Who the ******** was she?

"Just because you forgot doesn't mean you're forgiven."

OOC:So sorry... I'm SUUUUUUPER bad with opening posts.
Cake Hime

I Kirby I's Wife

Lavish Kitten

11,700 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
User ImageUser Image

Listening to her soft laugh brought back many memories for Vice. Although her voice didn't seem to really change over the years, despite the vocal range of her panicked sound, her body sure had. Vice had to look away multiple times to resist the temptation of scanning her body as if she were a photo in those magazines he used to steal as a kid. He listened to her quietly, nodding at the appropriate times and watching her lip pout at she seemed to pause in thought. Her soft lips caught his attention immediately, and at the moment all he could think about was her coming close to his face and her lips touching it eye patch. It was a simple gesture -- an innocent one -- but he couldn't shake the memory away.

The next thing he knew, something warm pressed against his palm and a strong pull had him stumbling into the archway of the Music Room. He fell into a chair, his feet straightening against the floor to keep it from rocking and throwing him onto his back. "Still as exclusive as ever I see, Sil," he chuckled softly, a tiny smirk playing on his lips. Vice leaned forward, elbows on his knees and hands clasped together beneath his chin to focus on her. Not that she didn't have his focus before. It just wasn't entirely on the virtuous side. His eye searched her face, jaw clenching at the mention of this other guy Sil seemed to want more than him. He knew who it was, but that didn't make it any better. Licking his lips, he pushed the subject aside once she began to play.

Vice sat there listening to the soft tune of her violin; watched as her chin rested gently on the end of the instrument. She looked gorgeous, with her hair resting just over her eyes. The moment he spoke it was like being pulled out of an hypnosis. He couldn't remember the last time he heard her play. "Huh, story?" He blinked, the question catching him off guard and making him sit back in his seat. Oh, he thought after a moment, watching her expression change as she got closer to him. He moved further back into his seat, trying not to get too close to her in case he decided common sense would no longer be in his life. Then the questions came pouring out and he couldn't decipher them as they flew out of her mouth. "Erm, well--"

"Sir?" A voice interrupted him before he could utter another word about his accident. He tilted his head to the side, checking the doorway to find Jausten there waiting patiently. He didn't know what the scene looked like to the butler, but having Sil this close seemed wrong since he was engaged, no matter if he didn't like the choice that was forced upon him. A string seemed to pull at his chest at the thought of a memory, but he let it pass by after a second. "Yeah, you rang?" Vice's lip twitched as Jausten sniffed, seeming to be annoyed at the informal reply. "Lunch is now served in the Library, Sir. It's also shared with the garden. Please make your way there before it disappears." Vice's eyebrows knitted together, watching as his personal butler turned on his heel and walked briskly away. "Why would our lunch disappear? Are we being timed?" He asked in amusement, looking back over to Sil. "I guess we better get going. I'll try explaining during lunch. Don't want to bore you on an empty stomach now, right?" Grabbing her hand in a nonchalant way, he pulled her behind him gently so that she wouldn't trip.

"By the way," he started, heading down the maze like hallways, "Sam isn't that bad of a guy. Well, I mean, he is, but he has his reasons. And as a person he can be a decent guy. We all have our quirks." Vice made his way towards the garden room, looking back at Sil to make sure she was keeping up with him, even with her hand in his. He felt her stray a bit thanks to his long legs, so he tried to strictly be in sync with her. "And what are they serving us today?" He wondered out loud, walking through the doors and stopped in place. He felt Sil brush against his back, the impact not stirring him from his rock-like state. He eye held the figure firmly in place. There was no denying that long, two-toned raven hair. Nor the desire in her eyes as she ate away at the sweets. Aki...

His breath seemed to come out is shallow huffs; his chest rising and falling too fast for normal. "I see you're stuffing your face like normal, Aki," Vice said a bit harshly, his cold smirk growing from his lips. "You never could stay away from sweets, even though I see they've been loving you." She wasn't fat; far from it at least, but it still felt good letting it out. "I'm sure that wasn't meant for you either, but hell, I'm sure you don't care about who they were for, anyway. You don't exactly think at all." The insults came one after another, despite telling himself to stop. This wasn't happening. He was hoping to avoid her altogether during his stay here, but that would have been a dream. And he knew better than anyone that reality was a ******** mess.

█╭ OhmyOrangyCravings -- Sorry it took me forever. School swamped me and I've been having migraines this whole month.
                                                            █╭ Where -- Garden/Library

Villainess Harley Quinn

I Kirby I

Kitten

User ImageUser Image
                        ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Indoor pool
                        ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ: Serena
                        Thoughts: 'Maybe making a thousand will fix everything? Ha...'
                        ᴏᴏᴄ: ;u;

█ █ █ ███ ██████████████ ███ █ █ █

At least Serena was much stronger than he was, handling herself the way she was after that disaster unlike him. Aiden only managed a grunt in reply as his date cautiously led him to their lunch in the library garden, making sure to avoid Sam at all costs. As the two walked in silence, the programmer kept his eyes glued to the ground as he walked. It was obvious that Serena was keeping her distance from him as if he was the plague to avoid making the same mistake as before, but he still felt like all of this was just beyond awful, and he wouldn't blame her for just not talking to him all together. He was so focused on the self-pity that when he saw Serena pausing for a brief second, he was surprised to see that Aki was at their supposed lunch table, eating what seems to be their dessert. Upon seeing that, he instantly got annoyed. It was a pet peeve of his when someone would eat something of his without asking, especially with how voracious Aki was eating it. "Seriously?" Luckily for him however, Serena decided to move their lunch to somewhere else, it being the indoor pool, even if that was an odd place to eat.

After the arrangements have been made, the two made their way to their new destination, still in awkward silence. Once they arrived at the pool, that was when Serena spoke, apologizing for the change of scenery. "Mm, it's okay with me." Aiden replied quietly as he stuffed his hands into his pocket while attempting to smile, but failing horribly. He understood that after what happened, she wasn't going to be hungry. Him on the other hand was still famished, but was going to be a patient little boy. All he wanted to do was just eat till he was beyond stuffed and then collapse into his bed to fall into a food coma to forget about today, but he had to be there for Serena. She was going to be married to that walking hot mess so of course he was going to help her any way that he could. Following after her, he followed suit in taking off his shoes and rolling up his pants to dip his feet into the pool, cringing at the cool water for a brief second. He wasn't really paying much attention to anything, but when Serena started to apologize over what happened, he just closed his eyes and sighed. "Serena, stop," Aiden stressed, pain present in his voice, "What happened back there wasn't your fault. At all. It was just a bunch of unlucky circumstances that happened to us that spiraled out of control. Plus, I have a feeling that even if you didn't fall, Sam would have taken it the wrong way regardless because of me. At any rate, I deserved the verbal abuse that I got... I'm just surprised that it didn't happen earlier." The last part was his attempt at trying to be sarcastic, but it just came out as painful. Aiden truly did believe that he deserved all the hateful words that Sam said. If only there was a way for him to rectify everything. "Jesus Christ, I really am a piece of s**t..." He muttered as he lied down.

As he kept quiet for a second, from the corner of his eye he could see that lunch has finally arrived. Part of him debated as to whether or not he really deserved to eat at this point, but he just decided to at least try to get something into his system. Turning back to Serena, he reached out his hand and gently patted on her arm in an attempt to reassure her. "I'll just grab something from the table and come back, okay?" Aiden said as he got up and walked over to the table, happy to see that there was steak. At least he'd be keeping his iron up. As he piled his plate high, he tried to keep his mind clear of everything that was Sam. This date was supposed to be at least somewhat fun, but could it even fixed at this point? He definitely did not want to leave Serena alone to wallow in her own sadness. As if on cue, Blix came onto the scene to help him. "Perhaps you should show Ms. Pioli some of your talents to change the subject?" The butler suggested, handing Aiden a small stack of origami paper, which only resulted in a quizzical stare from his master. "Origami? At a time like this? Wha?" Was all that Aiden managed to utter before he was nudged back into the direction of where Serena was sitting, one hand holding a plate full of food along with a small bowl of fruit, and the other holding the pack of origami paper.

"Um... I also brought a bowl of fruit should you want anything?" The young man said as he sat the bowl next to the dark haired female. Once he was finished with his large meal and set the plate aside, he brought the pack of origami paper and sat it on his lap, still unsure on how this was going to work. Nudging Serena's shoulder with his, he showed the paper with uncertainty. "Erm, I know this sounds random and all, but do you want me to show you how to make origami stuff? Ah, it sounds dumb I know, but... I like origami cause it keeps my hands busy, ha... I can't do anything super complicated, but I can make a crane and even little stars... I think I can also make a tulip, but don't quote me on that," Aiden said, flustered at how ridiculous he must sound right now. Deciding that he should just shut up and show it rather than making himself sound more of an idiot, he quickly went down to business in making a crane with lavender paper, and then held it in front of Serena, proud of his work. Soon after he handed the paper crane to her, he went back to work and began making small colorful stars by the handful. "You know what they say about origami cranes and stars? They say that if you make one thousand of them, then your wish will come true. Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what kind of wish I'd make if I ever made a thousand. Probably better health so I wouldn't be sick all the time. What about you, Serena? What wish do you want to come true? Of course, besides wanting to strangle a certain someone." He stuck his tongue out jokingly and gently nudged her again, hoping that this was lifting the mood at least a little bit.

= "Speech"
                                            = 'Thought'

Mitzy-nyan

Angelic Genius

8,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

╔═══════════════════════╗

The number one princess in the whole world
You should know by now how to please me
OK?

╚═══════════════════════╝

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Himeko found Duke...irritating to say the least. Hardly the type of dream boat gentleman that she dreamed of finding and dating. Of course, Himeko's ideal man was indeed fictional if it wasn't Vice. And the chances of it being the real person so pined after seemed to be getting further and further away from her. Remembering the moment that she was in she fiddled with the ends of her pink hair in the jacuzzi idly. She had better things to be doing right now than this. He was a horrible date. If she wasn't going to be pampered like the princess that she was she might as well just go back to her room and play games all day.

However, before she could say anything he asked her what her name was. Outraged she stood up abruptly. How dare he not even remember her name! Her game characters would never forget what her name was.
"HIMEKO. HI-ME-KO. Unbelievable! Honestly, I remember something as simple as your name you could do the same. It's common courtesy to remember the name of the person you're on a date with."
In all honesty, she could barely see what he looked like right now. Her glasses had fogged up from the heat of the hot tub and she might as well just have taken them off for as much visibility as she had. Angrily, she whipped them off her face and set them aside angrily and crossed her arms in protest for the entire event. Her thoughts turned to Aki briefly, slightly bitter that her date was probably going lots better than hers was.
Himeko's face was slightly read both from the heat of where she was and her anger. Turning back to Duke angrily to get one last word in she felt herself lose her balance and fall forward straight for him.

Falling directly in the water, the splash echoed in the large room. Disoriented for a moment she shot up immediately, much closer to Duke than she had previously been, but not more wet than she had been before. Coughing slightly she looked up, not really being able to gauge how close or far away she was now due to her poor vision, she felt her face get even more red. Quickly she began to move back to the other side of the hot tub, completely flustered. Himeko sank slightly more into the water until she was submerged almost completely with just the top half of her face sticking out. Defeated for the moment, and refused to meet Duke's gaze for the time being.
Outfit for the day

User Image

ooc; Im SO HAPPY TO GET TO POST AGAIN ;_____; I"VE MISSED THIS ROLEPLAY SO MUCH
AsuraDeimos

User Image
DUKE M. CATALINA

Duke watched as the cerulean eyed girl hopped to attention. Enraged that he had forgotten her name. With her scolding Duke raised a single eyebrow in curiosity. It seemed as if there was certainly some fire in the stove. She chastised him for forgetting her name, and turned her back, though her womanly need to strike once more seemed to possess her as she spun around, and fell right at the man. Both eyes widened as she splashed and landed submerging under the water. Duke's already solemn visage grew grim as the water splashed him in the face, he shook his head, sling drips of water out of his eyes and dark raven locks, before looking up. Right in front of him, was Himeko, eyes closed, lurching forward. He leaned back with a confused look, before she retreated quickly. Only part of her embarrassed head poking out of the water.

Duke grinned, the victory rich in his voice. " You say common courtesy is remembering a name, but someone as clumsy as you? You're more memorable for your stunts. Learn a little grace, huh, girly?" Duke smirked as he looked at Himeko, sulking in her pit of despair that had grown further with his momentary triumph. He crossed his legs, laying one over his knee and leaned back, looking nice and smug. " So you're a gamer, huh? Well then, think of me as the anti-hero that everyone but you loves. The Deadpools, the General Pattons, the ones that matter, that shake the bedrock of reality. You seem to have forgotten, Himeko, that you're not the only one who doesn't want to be here. " His words were resounding and grave.

A smirk graced his lips as he stood, oh he was going to make it quite hard for the girl now. He walked over to the still quasi-submerged girl and took her hand. Lifting her out of the water he wrapped an arm around her waist and began to waltz in the pool with her. " I know your type. You want to be a princess, in the modern world. You want a knight in shining armor and white horse to carry you off..." A devilish grin struck Duke's face as he stepped forward, sending Himeko plunging backward and him forward on top of her. Under the water he let her go, yellow eyes wide open, and grinned. Surfacing, and finding the good will within himself to pull her up, with him, he relinquished his grip on her, and walked over to the his side of the hot tub, and said, " Princesses are a nice thought, but long dead. Prince Charming, dead. " Sitting on the edge he looked over to his cigar he had waiting and picked it up, cut it, and lit it, continuuing. " I can be your silver-tongued devil, but if you came to this date looking for Prince Charming, well, Miss, you struck out." Taking a drag of his cigar, he grinned, staring at her.

Just then, a butler approached, saying, " Madmoiselle and Monsiuer, may I take your orders?"

Duke didn't bother looking at him, saying, " I would like a sirloin cooked medium well, with a baked potato and nice glass of your brandy. " The butler nodded with a yes sir, and collected Himeko's order. All the while Duke's eyes continued to track the girl. " So, I hear that the new Dragon Age is good. Played that one? "

Duke said, puffing on the cigar and smirking. He could play nice... for a while.

Cake Hime

Angelic Genius

8,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

OK?

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Before Himeko could protest to being called clumsy and only memorable for her actions, she felt herself being pulled up out of the water with ease. Flustered, her face turned even more red than it already was; Duke's arm around her slender waist only making it worse for her. No sooner than she had been pulled up she fell once again, this time backwards with Duke falling with her. Under the water, she saw him grin almost devilishly and much to her surprise she seemed enraptured by it all.

"I know your type, You want to be the princess, in the modern world. You want a knight in shining armor and white horse to carry you off"

Her certainly hadn't been wrong, but that was only sometimes. Himeko's life was ruled entirely by game tropes. The kind prince was just one that she happened to fancy, but even she knew that truly achieving that would be near impossible. In all honesty, her two favorite characters to chase in games were either the prince characters or, well...the a*****e characters. Duke was that type of a*****e character that played the foil interest to her prince interest. Coughing slightly and smoothing out her hair she gave Duke a cheeky grin. If this was turning into a game, Himeko hated losing.

"Just because I want to be treated like a Princess doesn't mean I ONLY want Prince Charming. There's no fun in chasing after just one character trope you know."

Himeko giggled and brought her hand up to her mouth tilting her head slightly. Maybe Duke was slightly more interesting than she had previously thought before. Had Himeko gotten too caught up with the idea of searching for a single character trope that she had completely ignored all the other routes in this story? Possibly. Her heart was racing. She was excited to be here for the first time since they had all arrived.

Similar to the way he ordered, Himeko didn't bother to make eye contact with the Butler who had arrived and instead just rattled off her order as she fiddled with her hair idly
"The seabass, just bring me a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc and a glass."

Rubbing her eyes and trying not to squint she turned her attention to Duke as he spoke again, asking her this time about a game. Being here had significantly destroyed her regular schedule of gaming. She had even skipped dinner the previous night in order to play games in bed. If her PSP hadn't died while she had been waiting she honestly would have been playing something right now. She much preferred portable gaming at the moment as she had drifted a bit from consoles in the recent years. She felt Duke's eyes following her movements, as she reached to the side of the hot tub and put on her glasses which only fogged up slightly. At least he was more visible now.
Maybe she could relax for just one moment to talk about games.
Sighing, she answered him
"No, I haven't. Being here has dramatically cut into my regular schedule for getting any sort of quality gaming in. Either way, I've rather drifted from console games in the recent years which is a bit sad since there are so many nice things.... And being here makes it almost impossible to get anything done with her lurking around every corner.."
"Her" meaning Aki. Anytime Aki caught notice of anything game related Himeko did she never hear the end of it. The heat of the hot tub was making her quiet warm, and she was still coming down from being so flustered. Gathering her mass of hair she piled it into a wet messy bun and wrapped it in the hairtie that she kept on her wrist. Staring Duke down she spoke once more, this time much more directly.
"And what about you. What's your deal. Since I'm "not the only one who doesn't want to be here" "

She made air quotes as she said the last part of her sentence and tentatively waited for an answer. He was a bit difficult to read, and honestly, she barely knew anything about him in the first place other than that he had his arm around her waist moments ago,she kind of liked it, and that he evidently seemed to like cigars.
Men and romance were routes for her to figure out. Dialogue to go through. Scenarios to unlock. And now, she maybe had found the route she wanted to figure out a bit more.

Outfit for the day

User Image

ooc; YEyEYEYEE!
AsuraDeimos

Jetfury's Kouhai

Battle-ready Spark

User Image
User Image

It had been so long since Ever had allowed herself into any pool that she had forgotten something important about that water: that it was chlorinated. Hell somehow she’d managed to not take in the scent, perhaps her thoughts and the fact that she was on a date with Sam unexpectedly that had dulled the smell. Only when the actor had taken the wet towel did she realize her folly in full. At least the dry towel was good enough to help him though it soon found a home on the floor once he had finished with it as well, leaving it a bloody mess there. Sam was good enough to apologize on the matter of his outburst, even if Ever shrugged it off with her usual smile. “Oh no no, you don’t have to apologize. It was my folly really. I should apologize for causing you more pain needlessly. I might have forgotten that pools have chlorine because I don’t go in them much. So I’m sorry.” Waving it off with her hand she would watch as he went off away from her without another word, instead meeting up with his butler who seemed pretty prepared for whatever the heck had happened to him, carrying new clothing and a first aid kit among other things. Remaining in place she would just watch them from the distance, not interrupting nor able to overhear just what they were saying. Some things just weren’t her place to intrude on even if it did make Ever curious as heck. Giving them that bit of time she walked back over to her belongings on the table, closing up her little journal and pen and setting them back inside the clutch since there was no more need as her date was there.

Purse in hand she would hug it to her chest gently, turning to watch as Sam and the older gentleman interacted with each other before he stood up and began to strip. That was not what she had expected or planned to see and it took a moment before it sunk in that it was very naughty of Ever to even watch such a display. Letting out a small squeak in panic she would then hastily turn to face the opposite direction since it was about all she could really do. The blush was already on her cheeks and there was little she could do to stop it considering this was definitely a first for the girl. ‘Just pretend you didn’t see anything Ever. Sam didn’t just start stripping in front of you and you saw nothing. No defined muscles, no bare skin, no answer to the boxers or briefs question, nada. Now act like it as if your life depends on it whether he cares or not because if anyone else finds out you might never get married or remain innocent little Ever that everyone knows..’ Closing her eyes the girl would calm her nerves and try to push aside memories of what just happened moments ago by taking a couple deep breaths. She needed to be calm. Calm and cheery. Typical Ever levels of cheery.

"So, Ever. Ready for a fun time?" Sam’s voice would reach her right about when she was calmed down enough to do anything. Turning to peek back towards him he was thankfully fully dressed and as patched up as he could be for now from his injuries. Best part was he still seemed willing to do the whole date thing despite it all. So, taking his outstretched hand after his second question she would smile at him eagerly. At least things seemed to be off to a better start now. “I’m always ready for a fun time. Especially since you seem to be feeling a lot better now.” Hand in hand the pair would walk, finally making their exit from the pool area towards where the Dojo resided upon the mansion’s grounds. The small brunette had a slight flush on her face, she couldn’t really recall a time she had walked hand in hand with anyone quite like this since childhood, at least not so naturally.

As they walked Sam finally took the time to entertain the barrage of questions she had posed to him in her previous panic. Not everyone had a tendency to do that especially with how many questions the girl could rattle off once she got going. Pausing on the tiger question Ever would glance up at the actor in curiosity as he took her other hand as well, facing her. The comment on the fact that his parents were probably trying to kill him didn’t sit well with her. No parent should ever be so mean to their child, it just wasn’t natural. Still, he didn’t seem to be exactly bothered as he mentioned it considering he immediately went into the positive in that they got to meet and go on this date that they were currently heading towards. The words brought out more of a blush in her expression before she pretty much outright grinned at the male, giving her own response. “Over the years I’ve learned that you just have to count the blessings as they come. So I’ll take those words with gratitude even if the circumstances are a little worrisome. So….thanks, Sam.”

Freeing her hands fully this time the walk to the dojo would resume, Sam taking the lead while being oddly amused by something before sliding open the entrance. The scene there was one that Ever most definitely hadn’t expected to see. A dark haired girl, Serena if she had to guess from her memories, was laying down atop the dojo floor beneath a form that was more familiar, belonging to Aiden. For a very brief moment she gazed at the pair wide-eyed and confused before moving to close the door. She had been about to suggest to Sam that they go elsewhere but stopped seeing how he was practically paralyzed from the shock for a bit before...laughing? Truth be told, Ever could only stand back and watch as Sam lost it there. He seemed positively livid about the situation as he yelled at Serena, who from what was said was apparently his arranged. No wonder the shock as Aiden hurried to help the girl up and tried to explain that it wasn’t what they thought. Of course she believed him, it didn’t seem like something the Aiden she knew would do, especially with lots of people around. ‘It’s gotta be some sort of misunderstanding. They wouldn’t do that kind of thing so openly would they? W-with butlers in the rafters and music being played and confetti absolutely everywhere.’ Still, it wasn’t anything that could be said to better the situation. All that could be done was to let the Irishman get it out of his system with his expressive choice of words and perceived sleight against him, particularly by Aiden.

This wasn’t conflict Ever was exactly used to. Heck, she was the kind to just avoid conflict at all costs yet here she was bearing witness to something particularly devastating for more than one person in the room from what she could tell. Not a word could come to her, it really wasn’t her place to say. So the scene played out and she soon found herself taken by the hand by Sam once more and dragged out, dojo door slamming behind them to leave the shaken duo alone. They were headed to the gardens next, at least if memory served her correctly. The flowers were probably in full bloom this time of year, hopefully it would help to change the strained mood they were in, her date already having taken the liberty of lighting himself a cigarette before calming down enough to apologize. “Sam...” It was a rare moment that the scene had spurred. Ever honestly did not know what to say in order to make the situation better. At the least he was starting to calm down, even trying to make light of the situation though Ever wouldn’t laugh. She just smiled, albeit a bit awkwardly before his question caught her off-guard. He must have had history with Serena, though she didn’t know exactly what beyond the arrangement of marriage that had brought them all together after years. “It wouldn’t be right to do that. I mean I can see why you feel the way you do even if I’ve never been through such a thing myself. It would take a relationship to understand it more I guess.”

Ever could really only shrug. So much seemed uncertain and she seriously had only just gotten there a short time ago so it was still a new situation that she didn’t have the full grasp of shy of the fact that she was arranged to a guy she barely knew yet on a date with a completely different person for reasons she just didn’t get. “I can’t say that I really know Duke enough to tell if the arrangement is good or worth your jealousy. He might very well hate being stuck in this with someone like me too if you ask him. It really wasn’t what I had in mind so I wouldn’t be surprised. But then again things might really change for all of us the more time goes by. Who knows.” This one was followed by another shrug and a sigh. There wasn’t a lot that she could say, let alone make better of the situation. Silence would follow his last comments for a few moments until she finally came up with a way to respond. She would do the next best thing as she took a couple more steps ahead of Sam towards the garden before spinning around carefully to face him, mindful of the fact that she was in heels here. “So what about that fun that you said we would have. I’m holding you to your word here Samuel Ozlund!”

Keen on putting a painful past behind them for now Ever was all smiles yet again as she reached for Sam’s free hand with both hers to pull him along. Gosh darned it they were going to have a fun time here if she had anything to say about it. After a few steps of dragging Sam by the hand Ever’d had enough of trying to go backwards down the gentle slope to the garden area in heels and would adjust her grip to a one-handed one as she turned to look where she was headed before disaster was sure to strike. Sure enough, her expectations on the beauty of the gardens were met by the vibrantly blooming flowers and a bit of an unexpected yet pleasant surprise. There was a lunch set up there, presumably for the two of them. An elegant looking patio table set had been brought out and covered lunches for two were set. There was also a bottle of what looked to be wine (or maybe it was champagne?) chilling on some ice for them. “So do you think that’s ours, Sam?” Letting go of his hand she would approach the table curiously, examining the contents of the meal by lifting one of the lids slightly as she bent down to have a peek without letting out all the warmth. “It looks like they made some pasta here.” It looked like a sort of tortellini in white sauce and the scent that reached her nose triggered her hunger. First though she had to make sure it was definitely for them, which she did with the very elementary method of looking around the immediate area to be certain there weren’t any other dating people hankering for pasta nearby. “And there’s no one else in this area. So I’m just going to guess that it really is for us. Shall we eat then and maybe follow up with a little post-food walk together?”

Company: Sam
              Thoughts: Let’s try to make this date fun still!
              OOC: Sorry it’s long So this ended up kind of including the half finished post that I’d had originally in progress before the Deredere role traded hands only to trade hands again so it’s kinda just one big thing to cover the stuff from a purely Ever perspective……I’m probably not even making sense anymore.
              Ever's Outfit

Jetfury

Mitzy-nyan's Senpai

Astounding Worker

User ImageUser Image

Ever's answer to his question, if anything, made Sam feel a bit better about things...briefly. Then he remembered that it didn't matter because he wouldn't ever be in that situation with her anyway...and now he really was quite jealous. He wanted to ask question, but he just wasn't in the mood at the time. He silently continued to smoke his cigarette and calm down further. He'd certainly been doing a lot of stress smoking, it seemed. Because of Serena, it seemed. Then the conversation moved to Duke, to which he replied. "Well...Duke is..." It was a bit hard to describe his friend, so it took him a few moments to reply. "I'll be honest with you, Duke is a gigantic, gigantic a*****e, who has unrealistic expectations for his life, but...aside from that, he's usually alright, I guess." Sam stopped for a moment, his general speaking lifting his mood. "But...he might just be annoyed by you. Maybe. I dunno." Taking another drag of his cigarette, he moved to a mood closer to somber than mad or upset. "You have to take into account though, none of us had this in mind, it's absurd." She did bring up a good point, though, stating that things could change over time. It immediately brought Himeko and Akira to the man's mind. Would he feel the same about them? Would he care more? Less? Not to mention all of the other women in the mansion...there really was no clear answer for someone like Sam. Friends as well, could friendships stay the same through everything? Maybe new ones could develop...or maybe they could shatter. It frightened the actor, thinking to his already-shattered friendship that rested inside the place.

“So what about that fun that you said we would have. I’m holding you to your word here Samuel Ozlund!” Oops. He'd gotten so lost in thought that he pretty much forgot that she was there for a moment. A small smile crossed his face as he looked at the optimistic young lady before him. Just being around her was lifting his spirits...if he we're lucky, then he could always be around someone like her, but...he was quite the opposite of lucky, so...She'd gotten a few steps ahead of him, smiling and having a good time, then pulling him along with her rather forcefully. A dumbfounded Irishman was happy to see the energy, however. Tossing away his cigarette, he freely allowed his date to do as she pleased. He hadn't seen the part of the garden that they arrived it, but it was certainly colorful and nice. He wiggled his nose a bit, trying to absorb the scent of the flowers around them without vomiting. He hated the smell of nature. It was too...nature-y. After a small amount of investigating, Ever reached the conclusion, thanks in no small part to the patio table with food on it, that this was where they were to eat lunch. Confused, Sam looked around for any maids or butlers. "...Who the heck set this up?" There was nobody around, it seemed...at all. The man would take Ever up on her offer of lunch and a walk. It sounded...nice. Especially with a girl like her. Like a proper gentleman, he pulled a chair out for the woman, inviting her to sit with a beckoning wave. "Please. Take a seat, milady."

Taking his own seat afterwards, he observed the food, mainly noting the chicken tortellini alfredo, his favorite dish. It would have been delightful if it didn't make his mind go to the chef-in-training who introduced him to it. He still ate it, obviously, it wasn't the alfredo's fault. He wasn't sure what kind of conversation to make with her, but she seemed to be happy enough sitting there. Heck, she seemed happy about breathing. It was a bit difficult to find a conversation piece at the moment for Sam, unfortunately. So for a moment there was just awkward silent eating as he felt he was expected to say something. "So, I heard your parents own a huge a** business, yeah? 'S pretty cool. Not for me, though, too much paperwork comes in owning a business. I have enough of a tough time just reading scripts! I have to wear glasses when I do and they're so goddamn uncomfortable." It was the first thing he could think of, unfortunately, but fortunately he remembered that he'd had a question a bit earlier that he hadn't felt like asking. "You've never been in a relationship I think you said? That's a bit of a surprise, you're pretty dang, uh...pretty. Have people at least tried to date you? The words felt more natural to say, now. He was pretty comfortable with her...and it helped that nobody was around to disgruntle him. Sil. Granted, if it was Sil, the man would have enjoyed it quite a bit...if not for the unfortunate moment at the dojo. Of note during the lunch was that Sam only ate the pasta and frankly, everything else just wasn't gonna match up to it, but the delicious cheese and succulent chicken was more than enough to continue to raise Sam's spirit's. "Man, this pasta is so good...it's like...I dunno, an orgasm in your mou- a MOUTHGASM!"

After a healthy dose of conversation, the lunch was finally over, and Sam's belly was quite full from the pasta. On his full stomach, he stood, very slowly, then lit another cigarette. The after-meal smoke was always one of the best smokes of the day. When the food was settled enough, he offered a hand to his date, holding the cigarette in his mouth and giving her a wink. They still had to go on their nice post-food walk, right? Through the gardens they went, so big, but so nice to look at. Sam's only regret was that the lake wasn't visible through all the shrubbery and decoration, that would have been perfect. Aside from the smell, anyway...and the butterflies, but he liked those usually. "Do you enjoy this?" He asked his companion as he looked around the upper portions of the plants, where even the sky was somewhat obscured. "It's definitely pretty...just like you." He sounded so self assured as he said it, but he was just trying to deliver on his promise, that was what currently mattered. "But that's nothing compared to who you are as a person. You're so nice and upbeat, I've gotta say, I'm glad I ended up here with you."

She really had been great to him so far, despite everything that happened on the date, she still just smiled and moved forward. Slowly, he brought his vision back down, revealing streams of tears. As he'd said those words to her, he realized something. They were the same words he'd said to Serena on several occasions...before the drugs took over his life. His mind had once again gone to her, then to Aiden, his so-called "friend" as he used to call him. The irony in seeing them together the way they were...his two biggest mistakes staring him in the face at that moment in the dojo...and he couldn't even handle it like a man. Of course not...he wasn't strong enough for something like that. Not to mention his parents, this situation...Everything sucked. Quickly, Sam moved away from Ever and to one of the many benches in the garden, covering his face as he sat. He was such a ******** that he couldn't even go on a simple date without screwing it up for someone. It was no wonder he was an actor, he hated being himself. The tears didn't stop as he spoke, his voice sounding much tougher than his appearance hinted at. "I don't want to be here anymore...you should go on ahead. I'll be fine right here."

location tab tab
Outdoor Garden

thoughts tab tab
Maybe I brought these things on myself...

ooc tab tab
---

Outfit tab tab
Looking artsy!

Wealthy Genius

User ImageUser Image

Location ➔ Living Room > Garden/Library`⁰
                                                            Company ➔ Sil & Vice`⁰
                                                            Mood ➔ Confused`⁰
                                                            OOC ➔ SO SORRY FOR THE LATE POST. Had to plot things with Niiko but kept getting distracted x.x`⁰

After finishing around three jars of Maraschino cherries, Aki's stomach finally called down. It no longer gave her the usual sharp pains and nausea whenever she ate real food. Whenever she ate her favorite sweets, she would be so engrossed by it that almost all of her senses would dull out. She barely noticed Serena and Aiden enter and leave the room. She never noticed Dean's presences whenever he came to her table to give her more cherries. All Aki thought about was what kind of a dessert she would be in the mood for when it's time for dinner. While she was pondering on her next meal, a familiar voice interrupted her thoughts.

"I see you're stuffing your face like normal, Aki."

An overwhelming emotion of nostalgia hit her when she turned her head towards the voice. A tall red head stood in front of her, giving her a cold smirk. Lifting one eyebrow in confusion she thought, What's with him? Her face remained unfazed as he continued totalk.

"You never could stay away from sweets, even though I see they've been loving you."

Her free hand automatically went on her bulging stomach. It wasn't noticeable, but it was enough for her to be forced to suck it in to hide it. Blinking her eyes in confusion, her hand slowly dropped to her side as she thought, What's going on? Why do I feel...a bit bothered? This...guy, whoever he was to her, seemed more like a stranger than a good friend and yet...

"I'm sure that wasn't meant for you either, but hell, I'm sure you don't care about who they were for, anyway. You don't exactly think at all."

She heard him say, and it was quite obvious that he was talking about the cherries that she was eating. Aki, strangely, felt...embarrassed. Embarrassed and ashamed of her actions. The emotions that the young female was experiencing were strange. Why does he bother me? She pondered. Most people who insult her, whether they were a part of her childhood friend group or not, she was able to play it cool. And yet...the female wasn't able to do it. Of course, if Sam was the one who said all of those things then everything that she was feeling would make sense. He is her love interest and this red head is just a stranger. But why...

After a couple of minutes of staring at the...thing over there Aki finally spoke, "Who are you, again?" The way she came off made it seemed like she had purposely forgotten who this person was when in reality, she genuinely did not know him. He definitely did seem familiar, like a lost friend or something, and he also seems to impact her a bit. Why? She didn't know. Placing her chin under her finger, Aki pondered on why she feels this way towards the stranger. "Ah," she exclaimed. "Vi...vi.....Vivi...." She had a feeling that it started with a Vi, but the rest of the letters weren't coming to her. "Vi...ctor, was it?" Shrugging her shoulders and thinking "Whatever", Aki went back to eat her Maraschino cherries while, now, ignoring Victor's presence. For now, this red head will be known as Victor towards the dark-haired female.

Looking back at Victor, she noticed his face go from excitement to annoyance. A small part of her felt remorse for not remembering that well, but it soon faded away after he insulted her before putting his arm around Sil and walking away.

The cherry slipped through her finger as she picked up the plate in front of her. Throwing it between the gaps of their heads, her heart palpated fast as she glared at the couple. Her breathing became heavy while her eyes screamed of jealousy. After the plate shattered on the wall, her expression went back to normal; as if she had just woken up from a trance. “あれ?”

Her eyebrows scrunched together as she pulled her hand closer, looking down at it in confusion. Darting her eyes, back and forth, from the wall to her hand, Aki let out the deep breath, hoping to calm her nerves. Instead, her heart palpated faster; she felt the burning stares from Sil and Victor. Knots formed in her stomach as she tried to decipher the unknown whirlpool of emotions that were mixing inside of her.

✄--------------✄-------------- ✄--------------✄

User Image

Villainess Harley Quinn

Vindictive D r e a m s

User Image
DUKE M. CATALINA

Duke chuckled to himself. His parents had always been very hands off in his upbringing, but still had strict guidelines in place. Absolutely under no circumstances was he to be allowed to play video games. His father viewed them as time-consuming and life-wasting. Duke spent his time going out to the firing range, so he chuckled and puffed on his stogie as she chronicled her difficulty in finding quality time to simply game.

Then she asked him about himself. What 'his deal' was. Hmm... How to answer that one... Puffing the cigar he would look across at Himeko and say, " No offense, Princess, but my backstory is a long and painful one that you probably won't give two shits about. If you must know, I come from an insanely rich family, much like yourself. Sam is my best buddy because I let that psychotic a*****e beat the s**t out of my care one day. I can shoot the hair off of a frog's a** at two hundred yards." She had put her hair up as Duke stood, and walked towards her taking another drag from his cigar, blowing the smoke at her, it stopped just in front of her before enveloping her face, causing her to cough, closing her watering eyes, Duke would appear once she recovered, his face merely inches from her own. "Y'know... you claim that Prince Charming isn't the only trope you want. Well, I'm no prince at all, Hime. I'm self-absorbed but rightfully so. I'm destined for greatness and I'm going to make it happen. " He leaned in, a bit closer, the tension was thick in the air as his lips were nearly brushing her own, his tight, firm body close to pressing against her. He put his free hand on her chin, his thumb on it.

"So if you even have the slightest inkling of an intention to stick around me, you'd better buckle the ******** up. Magnificent b*****d, is my trope... if you were wondering." Duke grinned, the tension between them had only grown thicker, and he would be lying if he claimed she didn't have some qualities that he enjoyed. The ball was in her court now as he flashed another trademark devilish grin.

Cake Hime

Angelic Genius

8,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

OK?

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Ah yes the insanely rich family. She pondered it for a bit. Her parents were primarily absent in her life and upbringing. While they were extremely doting and loving they were just...not around much. Himeko had filled the void with games games and more games. She chuckled at him slightly
"Fufu...but backstory is what makes the character. Otherwise you're nothing."
Coughing and waving her hand in front of her face as he blew his cigar smoke at her, she was taken aback with out close he had gotten in such a short amount of time. Internally, her mind was racing. This was exactly like so many scenarios in so many games she had played. He was now leaning towards the egoist trope. Maybe a bit of the bad boy trope as well? Either way she was intrigued. Regaining her composure she gave him a a sly smile and batted her teal eyes at him.
"Oh you've made it very clear you're no prince. Obviously, I mean..."Huffing, she turned her head and avoided his gaze for a moment only to be quickly drawn back in by Duke grabbing her face and bringing his face. His lips were dangerously close to hers, and for a moment Himeko felt herself lean back slightly as he had a hold on her. If anything, she was flustered simply because of how much like a game scenario this was playing out to be. Instead of having to make choices through a heroine character, she was her own this time. In her head she saw a list of dialogue options.
Grinning cheekily she spoke once more.
"Magnificent b*****d Hm? Well there's certainly a type I haven't exhausted yet. You're certainly interested enough to become a main character route in a game, so maybe I'll stick around out of sheer curiosity. Certainly does help that you're not difficult to look at. A princess must have high standards after all."
Giving a cute giggle she slid down against the side of the hot tub she had been leaning against and then into the water to escape his hold on her. Reappearing to the side of him, she took down her now soaked bun and began to wring her hair out a bit.
"I'm tired of being here. Take me somewhere else."she said as she flashed him a cutsey grin before getting out of the hot tub and looking down on him from the side.

Outfit for the day

User Image

ooc;
AsuraDeimos

Jetfury's Kouhai

Battle-ready Spark

User Image
User Imagel o c a t i o n: Indoor Pool
c o m p a n i o n s: Aiden
m o o d:Doing better now.
o. o. c.: <3
Outfit

”All the blame can’t possibly be on you. If anything he’s just being too moody and unreasonable….like usual. He had already seen more than enough of me before this. We were already at odds last night so it’s all the more reason he was taking it out on me. So seeing us together probably just really set him off.” No matter how Serena looked at it there was no way that Aiden could be the one entirely at fault. Not when all things were taking into consideration. Still, despite Aiden’s sarcastic attempt to lift the young woman’s mood it seemed that the actor had successfully put a damper on what had otherwise been a reasonably fun time together, date between friends or not. Aiden’s muttering beside her had not gone unnoticed by Serena to where her soft reply would refute the insults he made toward himself. Wiping away the tears that had smudged some of the makeup she had been done up in, the young chef would shake her head. “You’re not as bad as he might believe. Remember that I know what happened for him to bear that grudge against you. If you were that bad would we still be friends even years later?”

At that point the food had been delivered by several of the servants, including her own James. With a slight turn of her head she would regard her butler with a nod as he bowed silently before exiting, the dinner stage set despite her own lack of appetite. Aiden would go on first, leaving Serena to sit alone for a bit, feet still immersed in the chlorinated water. Glancing down the girl would stare for a bit at the reflection of light off the water. Even with Aiden’s efforts to shoulder the blame and cheer her up she still felt miserable and responsible for what all had transpired back there. The words he had spewed still stung at her chest a bit, meaning it was a resounding success if Sam had been trying to make her ******** miserable...which he probably had been. ‘Sam probably really would have taken it that way even without the fall.’ That realization brought out a bit of frustration in the girl as she kicked at the pool water once, though it was only enough to cause ripples of disturbance. If only they hadn’t all been brought to this place, let alone get forced into arranged marriages. Then she could have just gone back abroad to school and moved on with her life, blissfully away from Samuel Ozlund and the pain he continued to bring her even years later. With another, more drawn-out sigh the brunette would sit there for a bit just pouting at the circumstances she was trapped in, trying to think on if there was even a way to break through them. Naturally nothing came to mind short of just running away, though this place was likely miles from anywhere worthwhile. So, like the rest, she was just stuck dealing with it.

The sound of the bowl being set on the ground beside her stirred her from the thoughts she’d been having. “Thanks. I’ll have a bit.” Picking up the bowl she would note that it was fruit, so he had been considerate enough to grab her something that wouldn’t be too heavy for her lack of appetite. Silence would follow the next minutes in the indoor pool, eating taking priority for the two. The atmosphere of the date was still a bit strained, like neither of them truly knew how to move on other than to focus on the food that had been set up for them. Serena was honestly unsure on what she could do here to lift it. Her skills were fairly limited to the kitchen and even if Aiden was one of her closer friends she still had a lack of social finesse to where saying something would probably turn out wrong to where she would kick herself over it later. So she was silently thankful that he would take the initiative, nudging her shoulder gently to get her attention. It wasn’t exactly what she had expected him to come out with and he definitely seemed nervous bringing it up but it was a welcome little change of pace for the mood. At least for Serena it was. Setting aside the mostly eaten fruit bowl the young woman would turn her attention to Aiden to give him a proper reply, even managing a little smile for him. “I’d like that. I never learned it so anything you know is a step above me.”

Silently she would watch as he went to work at making the paper crane first. This time though, the silence wasn’t uncomfortable and it no longer felt weighed down by Sam’s hurtful words. It was more focused on the art that he had to show. Once the crane was completed Aiden would show it off proudly before setting it carefully in her hand. As he went on to make a star next she would study the crane for a bit longer, running a finger along its beak and head in admiration. Serena would keep hold onto the crane, placing it on her lap to watch as he went about the little stars. The stars were cute and the crane elegant, though she held back on making that thought verbal. As a number of stars started to fill the gap between them Serena would pick up one of them to study it closer as she listened to his mention over how a thousand of these would grant his wish though he admittedly didn’t have one before asking what hers would be. There was really only one thing that she could think of to wish for, though before yesterday such a thing wouldn’t even had crossed her mind. With a smile at his tease and nudging she would reply. “It would be nice if it were as simple as creating a thousand cranes or stars to grant a wish. If it were, I think I would wish for this marriage stuff not to happen. I’m sure that a lot of us aren’t with someone that we would rather be with...not just myself. I doubt it’s something a thousand of these could really fix though, so maybe just to make it more bearable than it is.” There wasn’t really any sadness in her expression as she said this, meaning that the attempt at a distraction had worked. Being away from Sam helped as well, naturally. But this was more from Aiden’s efforts this time around.

Picking up the crane she rested it upright on her hand, once more appreciating it as an idea came to her mind. “These really are well done, Aiden, but I think they might be wasted just sitting beside us.” Following her words she would take the crane by it’s ‘tail’ and set it upon the water surface, giving it a slight tap for it to glide. While they would likely not last forever in the water for now it would swim along the pool as she did the same for a few of the stars. ”They’re probably better served decorating the pool like the night sky.” They were colorful slips of folded paper that would start to fill the area around them on the pool, stars skimming the surface like flower petals as any cranes swam majestically. Wanting to try once herself she would reach for a sheet of the origami paper. No matter how good she was at cooking though she just wasn’t able to pick up the paper folding by sight alone, leading to her staring at the unfolded sheet before turning to Aiden in defeat. “Do you mind showing me step by step how to make the crane again? I don’t exactly have this memorized but want to try.”

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╳┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Kawaii Butthole69

Jetfury's Kouhai

Battle-ready Spark

User Image
User Image

Even threats of her fiancé being a bit of an a** didn’t seem to dissuade the girl’s mood though she didn’t really give Sam a reply since she was quick to move on from the topic. In truth she was a little more keen to see how Duke was first hand though Sam sounded like he had a pretty good understanding on how her arranged was. Plus there was always the chance that he was making him up to be far worse than he really was, though Ever doubted the actor had reason to lie to her. For the time being though the thought of the food out there in the gardens being for them had taken priority for her. Lowering the lid that she had lifted to keep it from getting cold Ever was more than happy to see that Sam was under the same understanding that she was...that this was another part of their date whether they had unwittingly happened upon it or not. Standing upright the girl would smile as he pulled out the chair and offered it to her with a flourish. With a little curtsy she would then take the seat Sam had offered, ready to move onto the food portion of things.

The tortellini was just as good as it had looked at first glance which only made her realize just how hungry she usually was after getting back out of the hospital. Plus they had been traveling all morning to get to the mansion in time for this little pleasant turn of events. Despite the earlier blow up Sam really wasn’t such bad company, it just pointed at there being a deeper problem rooted in the previous outburst. One that Ever was definitely not going to bring up now that the mood had recovered. Or mostly recovered, given that things were silent with the progression of the meal. She was unused to having someone eat with her besides family, admittedly, but the silence didn’t really feel all that stifling to her. So the actor would be the one to break the silence in order to find out a bit more about her since it had been years and they had never really been close even the last time at the mansion. Taking the fork from her mouth and finishing her bite she would touch on his mention of glasses, which Ever hadn’t expected but could see now that he’d said it. “I bet the glasses make you look even more handsome than you are already. I mean of course you are. As a popular actor. Not...not that you wouldn’t be attractive if you weren’t an actor but it just shows that everyone can see it so I bet the glasses would just add on.” Naturally once Ever got started her thoughts would sort of flow with the topic at hand to where she actually got a bit embarrassed with her own admissions. It wasn’t exactly often that she interacted with people she wasn’t overly close to, leading to an almost nervous energy and laugh as she diverted that thought line to the question he had posed her originally. “But yeah. Dad’s big into technology and mom helps him run the company and come up with ideas for future projects. Over the past few years they’ve been expanding into medical technology even. It’s not a company I could ever see myself taking over. Though they haven’t ever said that they wanted me to, luckily.”

His next questioning caught Ever a little bit off-guard, in the middle of a drink of what had turned out to be chardonnay, likely thought to have been a good match by whoever had prepared the meal. While she wasn’t used to alcohol the small coughing fit that came from her surprised reaction didn’t make the taste easier. It hadn’t been the most ladylike for the brunette but there was nothing that could be done other than recover and give the male his answer. ”Nope. Never have. I don’t exactly get out much for social visits like this and was home tutored for years so most people don’t really get a chance to get too close. Not that guys haven’t tried. If you can keep it a secret, the truth is that I’m a little too high maintenance for most people if they’re thinking of sticking around in the long run so it’s better to let them down early.” Naturally the maintenance was meant in terms of nearly monthly hospital stays and more frequent tests but she wasn’t about to touch on that one. It wasn’t important here and Ever really wanted no one to worry over her if she could avoid it. So the easiest method was to make it sound like she was just fussy or childish, one of the two. Luckily he was keen on the pasta, letting that take his attention before she was pressed for info too much. ”The pasta is really tasty. Could go for more sometime for sure!”

Soon enough the both of them had pretty full stomachs and would take a bit to bask in the satisfaction of it. Ever would watch as he lit another cigarette before standing and offering her a hand with a wink. With a grin the young woman would take his hand. He had remembered the rest of the plan and intended to take the lead now, which was definitely nice for her. The gardens had a lot of ground to cover but neither of them seemed to be in a rush. Keeping a slow pace they had walked hand-in-hand, which was still kind of a new thing for Ever, yet comforting. Despite the rocky start she had taken to enjoying herself and trying to keep Sam in good spirits as well. As they neared one of the flowerbeds she would reach down to pluck a single flower, a zinnia, in time to hear if she enjoyed this sort of stroll in the garden. Surely they wouldn’t care enough to notice just one missing as she answered him. “I do like this, at least if I want to relax like now. They’ve always taken such good care of this place so it’s hard not to make the most of the work they put into it.” Studying her pilfered prize from the garden she would take a sniff of it, half tempted to tuck it above her ear. Before she could decide though he had complimented her again, drawing her gaze back to him. This time it was more than just calling her pretty, instead he’d had a few good things to say that brought a rosy flush to Ever’s cheeks. Such praise wasn’t given often and they sounded genuine from the actor. ”Sam...” Twice now, in this short time since arrival had the young woman been at a loss for the right words to say. The more she watched Sam though, the more something seemed off as he came to realize something that he had yet to share with her.

There were tears. Clearly the man was under a bit of emotional turmoil. Whether it was related to earlier or everything about the mansion stay or even beyond that was beyond Ever. Just like that the happier mood was gone, with Sam quickly disengaging his hand from hers in an eagerness to put some distance between them, much to her confusion. It was pretty darned obvious he was trying to push her away though and that wasn’t going to work, even as he told her to go along and just leave him. Her heart went out to Sam, who seemed so pained as he slumped on the bench to let out the emotions stirring inside. Ever doubted this was a side he often showed. No, the actor was probably prone to hide it from the world, which made her want to be with him all the more, even if just for now in the remainder of their date. Walking up she would approach the bench from behind, stopping once she was behind the male to lean down and give him a hug around his shoulders. She wasn’t smiling, but she also wasn’t frowning or pitying him as she spoke, her words matter of fact and showing of another side she had beyond the constantly chipper demeanor she exuded. ”Nope. I refuse to go without you. This feels like one of those times where you maybe shouldn’t be left alone, Sam. There’s no way I can leave you alone. You don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to. We can just stay like this until you get it all out. Even if I don’t know you well, I’m here for you so long as we’re here and even after. Okay?” With that she would gently set the flower at his lap to kind of free her hand up before opening up her clutch purse. One arm would remain wrapped around him as she set the purse onto the bench beside him, fishing out a handkerchief for him to take. ”Here, go ahead and have this.” Once it was out of her hands she would go back to the one-sided embrace, rubbing his arm gently in support as she spoke words only to be heard by him. ”Seeing everything that I have here so far I wish none of us had to go through this. Things might not need to end up as they seem now. We could always rebel against our parents or something and tell them they can’t decide this. If everyone feels the same then can they really force it?” She would give a soft laugh at the idea. It was probably pretty farfetched but it was the only thing that really came to Ever’s mind. ”At least I don’t think it would hurt to try it.”

Company: Sam
              Thoughts: Cheer up, please Sam!
              OOC: Sorry if it’s lousy, still kinda ill xD
              Ever's Outfit

Jetfury

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items