Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Borg

neydis
Well, this one dude who sits in front of me in my second period said he wanted to talk after class. Alone. So we did. And guess what? He said that he likes me and if I wanted to go out with him. Then he was all like "Or do you not want to because it'll cause a lot of drama?", because I have told him that I'm not a big fan of dating. Too young you know? Luckily, one of his friends came and kinda ruined the moment. While his friend wasn't listening, I told him "Sorry, I'm not aloud to date, and... I'm interested in someone else." He said "awww, ok." I walked (ran) away.

The next day, first period. I ask two of my other friends what I should do, knowing it would be awkward. They told me to play "hard to get". Well, I'm not that kinda person. Second period, it was all awkward. We didn't talk like we used to, he only asked me what we were working on. But I did catch him looking at me while sitting at another desk with my friend.

Sixth period. My two friends from first period asked how it went. I said I talked to him a little bit, and they were all like "Nope. You can't talk. Just say 'hi', 'bye', and you get your a** outta there" Damn. I really don't know what to do, since I haven't really experienced anything like this before. Any help? :/

(Sorry for this post being so long. >.< )
I know it's not the easiest thing to do, but just leave it alone. These things usually work themselves out.
neydis
Well, this one dude who sits in front of me in my second period said he wanted to talk after class. Alone. So we did. And guess what? He said that he likes me and if I wanted to go out with him. Then he was all like "Or do you not want to because it'll cause a lot of drama?", because I have told him that I'm not a big fan of dating. Too young you know? Luckily, one of his friends came and kinda ruined the moment. While his friend wasn't listening, I told him "Sorry, I'm not aloud to date, and... I'm interested in someone else." He said "awww, ok." I walked (ran) away.

Here are some things to consider... assuming you get along with this person

1) How long have you known this person? Is it just since the start of the year? If so, maybe you can express to him that you don't just date anybody, but would be open to working with him on class projects / lab partner kind of thing. This affords you both the opportunity to get to know each other more before considering anything resembling a date outside of school.

2) With him asking you after class, this makes me think he's not very confident, or didn't want to risk getting turned down (which effectively you did) in front of peers. There's nothing wrong with declining a request like this, but be aware that he may be avoiding you as a result. You don't have to date him, but if you consider him your friend and he's seemingly aloof, you may want to approach him to talk about it. Guys (and girls) can get weird after stomaching the courage to ask someone out and then not getting the response they were hoping for. I've seen guys become hermit crabs (never to ask again and total avoidance), and others turn into jerks (making up lies to tarnish others reputation, general bullying). If it seems like either is happening, try to talk to him (privately).

3) You mentioned that you're not allowed to date, and that you're interested in someone else. If either is true, then they sort of conflict with each other and can come off as lying. If this is indeed what you've done, it may be something to bring up with him if you need to set the record straight.

4) Assuming your parents have a rule where you're not allowed to date until X event (age, graduation, finish some grade, etc.) then it may be a topic to discuss with your folks. As horrible as it may sound, it's helpful for your parents to be aware of whats going on like this so they can provide more timely advice, and be comforting if you end up in a relationship that goes south.

Now.. on to things not to do..

1) Don't play hard to get. Its wrong for too many reasons. Leading people on and then declining invitations for dates causes stress and drama for all concerned. If you dont want to date him, don't. If you're interested in it, then work up to it.

2) Don't dress up special for him, or bump into him, yell at him, or anything out of the norm to get his attention. Do "be yourself", and If you want his attention, its easy, you just walk up to him, and politely inform him that you'd like to discuss something after class and take it from there.

3)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces