Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does it feel like they're trying to stack Korra's resume of "bullshit to deal with in a lifetime"?

Like woooah that was a bit too much.

I would've been happier with Ming'hua surviving and them not basically confirming their will be, once again, no returning antagonists in season 4.

Man P'Li and Ghazan were some s**t.

P'l - girl. You're a firebender, maybe use some of that too?

Ghazan fighting was nice but I really wished they hadn't made Bolin a lavabender that conveniently (this was the catalyst for the rest of the convenient endings further on..well actually Zaheer flying might have) .

The episode just seemed full of excessive kill offs. P'Li's felt like some "we wanted to go head smashing dark.., but we remembered we're on Nick" stuff
Ming's was just coldblooded, evil, heartless, uncalled for, murder. M-u-r-d-e-r.
Ya'll heard that demon scream? That was from the soul.

Ghazan's death I was more alright with, minus the part where we had to watch a whole lavabending fight between Ghazan and Bolin...and somehow no one was freaking out. I was heaving at that part o.o Just splashing it everywhere.

I really wish they hadn't captured Zaheer and killed off Ming'hua. The other two seemed dispensable in a sense tbh. I love Ghazan for having such a bro reaction to Bolin lavabending.

Korra being (what appears to be) handicapped or unreasonably depressed seemed.....woah. Like, tbh I would've preferred this better:

Quote:
the poison gave her some cray cray ptsd type s**t and rather than them heavily imply she simply cannot do her job in her condition they imply that she merely can't do it as well at the time when she absolutely needs it most.

Like, it feels like they're just entirely declaring her useless and not going to be doing anything season 4.

They pretty much said she's just about entirely useless now so "hey, let's start a spinoff without just obviously do it"

And Zaheer...oh Zaheer.
He's reduced to radical drivel crying

The only batshit "balls to the wall" insanity I wanted to see was Korra being forced into some "Hi, my name is Korra and this is Jackass!" avatar state and go nuts.

That was ******** awesome in my book. If Zaheer hadn't been able to fly he would've been ********. before that poison really took affect.

The mood of "Enter the Void" was perfect in my book. It felt like they were setting Team Avatar up for a 25% win 75% loss ratio...Which it kind of was, but the loss of all those great antagonists changes it.
Venom of the Red Lotus just went too extreme and....safe-ish?

I really just wanted some returning antagonists. Even with Zaheer still alive it doesn't feel the same..

Jinora going bald...I cry evry tiem.

Yeah...

The action was hot as hell though. Every one of them was money, I just wish they hadn't gone so extreme with the conclusion to the fights.

And woo Jinora Christ!
Also, does anyone think that if they had sent Lin in with Tenzin and co. they would've learned of whether real airbenders were there or not a whooole lot faster? Earthsense would've picked up on Ming'hua in the shadows.

Conversationalist

Ming Hua final words were funny [psychotic alien scream] then ended with a BOOP sound lol
Horalle Sachs
Ming Hua final words were funny [psychotic alien scream] then ended with a BOOP sound lol

That scream was intense rofl

Conversationalist

DrunkBlackDocta
Horalle Sachs

That scream was intense rofl

Sometimes I wonder what does Grey DeLisle does in her free times alone.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I feel like what Mako did to Ming-Hua should've been done ages ago on this show, but it's not until now that they've had the gall to show such a ruthless display of murder. Nick pulling this show off TV couldn't have been timed better with how dark it's gotten on the topic of death (still hard to believe Korra was sharing airtime with SpongeBob).

Anyway, looks like Korra is suffering from some PTSD there at the end. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in book 4.

Invisible Humorist

Ghazan's death was just ridiculous.

"IF I CAN'T WIN, WE ALL DIE...URRRRGGGGHHHH"

Bolin: yeah....um...i'm gonna earthbend my footing back up to the entrance.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
I feel like what Mako did to Ming-Hua should've been done ages ago on this show, but it's not until now that they've had the gall to show such a ruthless display of murder. Nick pulling this show off TV couldn't have been timed better with how dark it's gotten on the topic of death (still hard to believe Korra was sharing airtime with SpongeBob).

Anyway, looks like Korra is suffering from some PTSD there at the end. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in book 4.

Ruthless display of murder? That was clearly self defense! If anything she might not have been dead but Ghazan definitely killed them both.

The ending was REALLY sad. Korra definitely has some PTSD. It wouldn't surprise me if we followed Jenora around most of next season while showing Korra trying to get back into bending.

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Whatever the poison was forced Korra into the avatar state but remember that Vaatu severed the link to the past Avatars. So this forced Avatar state was Only Korra and no other Avater in the system. That is what I think is taking a toll on Korra. She used up a lot of power and energy fighting the poison aswell as Zaheer. The Avatar state is dangerous enough but we have never seen that Avatar state without the Avatar cycle to go with it. This could be what happens when to much damage is done to the Avatar.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Ustareth Merope Riddle

Ruthless display of murder? That was clearly self defense! If anything she might not have been dead but Ghazan definitely killed them both.

The ending was REALLY sad. Korra definitely has some PTSD. It wouldn't surprise me if we followed Jenora around most of next season while showing Korra trying to get back into bending.

I was speaking in hyperbole. Sorry if that didn't come off well. I'm really just surprised by how willing book 3 has been in showcasing the darker implications of bending.

P.S. I hope Jinora stays bald. It's such a cool look for her. She reminds me of Aang.

9,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
It just hit me. The poison made Korra see Amon, Unalaq, and Vaatu. Adding Zaheer to the list, he is the only one who lived. I think they are setting up someone who can attack Korra on a deeper level to the point where she needs to talk to Zaheer about stopping it. We have only seen a small faction of the Red Lotus. There can be bigger fish out there. And the worst part is we dont know who is Red Lotus and who isnt.
Book 4 will be amazing.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Kaiser Khorosho
Ustareth Merope Riddle

I was speaking in hyperbole. Sorry if that didn't come off well. I'm really just surprised by how willing book 3 has been in showcasing the darker implications of bending.

P.S. I hope Jinora stays bald. It's such a cool look for her. She reminds me of Aang.

I was being sarcastic. xd But the Jinora thing is cool and all but she looks a bit TOO MUCH like Aang. And I'm positive that they took LoK off the air because of the deaths that occurred in these last few episodes. You can't have people being brutalized and/or killed on a kid's show...unless its the very last episode and anyone who took offense would forget between seasons. 3nodding

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Kaiser Khorosho
Ustareth Merope Riddle
Kaiser Khorosho
Ustareth Merope Riddle

I was being sarcastic. xd But the Jinora thing is cool and all but she looks a bit TOO MUCH like Aang. And I'm positive that they took LoK off the air because of the deaths that occurred in these last few episodes. You can't have people being brutalized and/or killed on a kid's show...unless its the very last episode and anyone who took offense would forget between seasons. 3nodding

I hope this doesn't discourage more mature themes in book 4. Book 3 has definitely cemented Korra as a legitimate successor to The Last Airbender—possibly even superior in some ways? Either way, I'm not expecting Game of Thrones-level maturity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff