Welcome to Gaia! ::

Widow

Profitable Smoker

Why was this cancelled off cable t.v?

Wheezing Prophet

I can't confirm this but I heard that it was because the themes are in Korra are a little more mature than in the first Avatar. It's got all these misguided villains who are actually pursuing just causes and romance and whatnot. You can still watch it for free on nick.com

Sparkling Mage

Suchness
I can't confirm this but I heard that it was because the themes are in Korra are a little more mature than in the first Avatar. It's got all these misguided villains who are actually pursuing just causes and romance and whatnot. You can still watch it for free on nick.com

Pretty sure the "official" reason that Nick gave was because "the show does better online"

But.. regardless, I still agree that the show's themes have been a little too dark to be aired on a television channel meant for kids. I'm sure that was also part of the reasoning. Like an episode or two after the show was moved to online-only, that one death by suffocation happened emotion_awesome

Dabbler

it does better online, and it because the show has moved away from the light childhood burdens becoming responsible, its now going through lots of darker themes that are the result of growing up as a teen, the adult and governmental corruption and the like.

Because you know....the Red Lotus, um, yeah...I don't think the parenting organizations would do well with those, might get avatar or NIck kicked permanently.

IRL Guest

Pretty sure it was because of the low ratings that it got switced to online. Nick just did a piss poor job advertising.

Today I saw a commercial for Legend of Korra season 4 on Nicktoons. Maybe they noticed how well it did online so they're bringing it back? It's on Fridays if you have the Nicktoons channel.

triforcewise's Waifu

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

12,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Egg Collector 100
Suchness

i dunno, mate. bloodbending, war prisoners & executions, the genocide of an entire race/culture? the original was pretty brutal... ooh but there's a flying lemur, that makes it much better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff