Welcome to Gaia! ::

i agree. KORA IS THE WORST AVATAR EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR burning_eyes

Dapper Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
I think that merging the spirits with the real world was garbage. I mean, they couldn't even live humanely with themselves, think about how they would live with the spirits.
I didn't finish the end of Book 2 because I was out of town and had no connection to a tv or internet so I missed it. I'm not sure if I should finish it.

Popular Friend

10,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
What are you talking about I was amazing. And the spirit portal is open now thanks to ME! *twerks next to spirit portal*

10,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
It sucked :/ Korra lost the link to her past lives, the avatar is not the bridge anymore (okay, for a good reason but I didn't really like the change), and Korra and Mako broke up sad crying

10,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
CherryQuackers
i agree. KORA IS THE WORST AVATAR EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR burning_eyes

IKR? Korra changed a LOT of things in the avatar series sad
I enjoyed the finale... FAR better than the start of the season. HOWEVER, Legend of Korra has so many unanswered episodes that are just... ugh.

4,050 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trader 100
Not sure why everyone is so mad at the Korra series. I think the Korra series is the best Avatar series so far. Sure the original is always a classic, but this time around I felt like the issues she deals with are a lot more dangerous than Aang's. Aang had to end a war, Korra is preventing the end of the world... She's left with all the problems that the previous avatars left for her. Aang was probably the only Avatar that left everything in a good place. Sure Korra lost the connection to the past lives, but there will be some form of redemption. I didn't think there was that much "unanswered" at the end of season 2. Honestly, I could care less about her stupid romance with Mako, it's not even a real relationship. More like friends hanging out than anything. The whole romance part should just be taken out.
The ending in my opinion was actually really good as far as 'trying to give the message about spiritualism and humans' goes. But for an actual story it was much to fast then again they didn't have much of a good budget either which makes me really sad because I actually really like the characters gonk

Otherworldly Muse

Season 1 was amazing, in my opinion. The perfect way to revive a series that was loved by so many. Season 2, however, seemed rushed. It took about a year to air, after season 1 ended, and it still seemed kind of rushed. The plot was messy and I found myself disliking every single one of the characters, except Asami, who I HATED in season 1. They turned Bolin into comic relief after they put Korra and Mako together and Mako turned into an even bigger douche bag, if that's even possible. The only thing that was important to Mako in season 1 was his brother. In season 2, he could not care less about his brother, even if he tried. Korra has become more arrogant stubborn which, while part of her character, is getting a bit overboard. I know she's just a teenage girl, but she has known for pretty much her whole life that she is the Avatar and acting like a child when the balance of the world is in question seems unacceptable. The only character that has become likable to me is Asami, who sticks to her guns, from what I can tell.
I've heard a lot of people say that Korra is a terrible Avatar and I agree, she has messed up a lot, but I don't think she is a terrible Avatar. I think I've been looking at it a different way. Aang left the world in a peaceful state. Korra comes along and is basically kept in a compound learning how to bend. She thrives on the thrill of bending and the power that comes with it, but mastering something in practice is not learning how to use it practically. Unexpectedly she is thrown into the Amon situation and does a pretty good job of almost blowing it, which was to be completely expected, so she get's lucky and comes out on top.

The second season rolls around and because of that streak of luck, Korra hasn't learned much from her past experience. She assumes that her awesome bending has gotten her threw alive and well, so she takes the same course of action in the second series. This season she leans the importance of the spiritual connection she found at the end of the first season, but she only learns it through her giant, almost world ending mistakes at the end of the season. Korra's personality being the way it is I think she needed these massive and almost life ending experiences to snap her into something worth being an Avatar.

The only part that made me slightly unhappy was that she lost her connection to the past Avatars. (I love Aang, who doesn't?) I understand though that it was a necessary to symbolize the rebirth of a new era and yada yada, but I'll miss seeing Aang pop up. The next season will give us more answers and I don't think complaining that a season finale didn't have enough answers is really a valid complaint. It isn't the end of the show and it's the ambiguity that keeps viewers interested and willing to watch the next season.

eek oops... longer rant than I anticipated...

Blessed Kitten

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
BE HONEST.... TRUE THAT WITH THIS..... confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers