Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

a little hummingbird
I don't know why people thought it wasn't hinted at prior to this:

Asami was the ONLY person she kept writing to when she was gone.

She blushed pretty hardcore at Asami when she returned.

They've always shared a strong platonic connection. A lot of times that's an excellent foundation for a romantic one.

This is coming from someone who really wanted Makorra to happen. I still think a lot of people would throw a fit if they saw a homosexual relationship on television -- especially one for kids TV. It's still taboo. But I think the writers did the best they could considering the aforementioned. Although I would have preferred Makorra, I sincerely believe they heavily implied Korrasami and I am okay with it. It makes sense.

By the way guys. It's scientifically proven that if you gaze into someone else's eyes for more than just a second, it typically means you want to sleep with them, or kill them. We studied this in psychology. So THERE.

I've seen the letter writing as proof and I have to call bunk on that. You have to remember most of Korra's friends are male and benders and if she told them, especially Temzin what she was going through they'd give up everything going on in their lives to rush to her side. She confided in Asami because she's her only close female friend and sometimes women just share deeply personal stuff with each other when it comes to feeling violated and scared. Tenzin had his duties as head of the new Air Nation. Makko was busy with his police work and then helping to guard Wu. And Bolin was wrapped up in helping to aid the less fortunate as they rebuilt the Earth Kingdom. You could tell in Korra alone she could trust that Asami wouldn't let the others know how bad things were going for her with the recovery and therapy.

I guess not too many who jump on this ship and refuse to see that it could simply be a very close sisterly bond have had a friend like that, someone they could go to above everyone else when they're feeling scared and have self doubts about themselves; someone who gets them far better than other friends would.

I'm not against the possibility of the pairing but plot wise it doesn't feel right to me. It doesn't make sense for it to be anything more than Korra seeing Asami as the sibling she never had. The fact that a lot of people are now ready to turn Korra into some feminist lesbian rights symbol like they did with Elsa because there was no definite man in her life at the end of the series is ridiculous.

pork katsu's Princess

Kawaii Girl

//cough korrasami is canon

Okami Tenrou's Waifu

Witty Conversationalist

Chibi Halo
a little hummingbird

They've always shared a strong platonic connection. A lot of times that's an excellent foundation for a romantic one.

This is coming from someone who really wanted Makorra to happen. I still think a lot of people would throw a fit if they saw a homosexual relationship on television -- especially one for kids TV. It's still taboo. But I think the writers did the best they could considering the aforementioned. Although I would have preferred Makorra, I sincerely believe they heavily implied Korrasami and I am okay with it. It makes sense.

By the way guys. It's scientifically proven that if you gaze into someone else's eyes for more than just a second, it typically means you want to sleep with them, or kill them. We studied this in psychology. So THERE.

I've seen the letter writing as proof and I have to call bunk on that. You have to remember most of Korra's friends are male and benders and if she told them, especially Temzin what she was going through they'd give up everything going on in their lives to rush to her side. She confided in Asami because she's her only close female friend and sometimes women just share deeply personal stuff with each other when it comes to feeling violated and scared. Tenzin had his duties as head of the new Air Nation. Makko was busy with his police work and then helping to guard Wu. And Bolin was wrapped up in helping to aid the less fortunate as they rebuilt the Earth Kingdom. You could tell in Korra alone she could trust that Asami wouldn't let the others know how bad things were going for her with the recovery and therapy.

I guess not too many who jump on this ship and refuse to see that it could simply be a very close sisterly bond have had a friend like that, someone they could go to above everyone else when they're feeling scared and have self doubts about themselves; someone who gets them far better than other friends would.

I'm not against the possibility of the pairing but plot wise it doesn't feel right to me. It doesn't make sense for it to be anything more than Korra seeing Asami as the sibling she never had. The fact that a lot of people are now ready to turn Korra into some feminist lesbian rights symbol like they did with Elsa because there was no definite man in her life at the end of the series is ridiculous.

You only took one of the things I pointed out and attributed it solely to friendship. However, I was talking about the combination.

Also you say they were busy, but I seem to recall Korra making it pretty clear that she only wrote to Asami because that was her preference. Not because she was worried about people being busy. Wouldn't of Asami been busy rebuilding her company?

I am very similar to Korra. I'm upfront, I'm honest, I'm hot tempered, and I can be pretty reckless. That isn't to say we're the same person; clearly we are not. But due to our personality similarity, I feel like I can parallel some of the things she has done to what I have done. When I went MIA and didn't want to talk to anyone there was only one person I felt comfortable enough to write to was my favorite person, who also ended up being my s/o. It makes sense in my mind, because I can understand how she feels. However, this alone would not be enough proof because it would be one sole instance.

If that had been the only way in which she had favored Asami, perhaps I would agree. But it wasn't. And the scene at the end with them gazing into each other's eyes with that kind of intensity is not something two best friends would do. You can't even pretend it is. I have very close female friends. I even flirt heavily with my female friends. But even when my friends and I are joking around or are very, very close, or act like sisters that kind of look is not something we share. Not alone. Not with those facial expressions. And definitely not while holding hands. I'm pretty close with my little sister, too. I myself have never done that and I've also never witnessed two people doing that who weren't more than friends.

As well as, it may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to a lot of people, which is why it's being shipped. The fact that you're including feminism and lesbianism into this debate makes me think you're really salty at the fanbase which is why you don't want to recognize it. But that's not my problem, or their problem, that's yours. By the way, it would be more appropriate to say she was bisexual, since she has also shown clear interest in men.

I really abhor people who get so upset about a certain ship that they try to bring their political agenda into the debate. I would have otherwise had fun talking to you about it, but I get the feeling, based on what you've said that these will be central reasons for you to dislike a character, even if the ship has nothing to do with it. While you are more than welcome to feel this way, I don't have to put up with it. I have no patience for people who act that way, so with all due respect, don't contact me again. I will not be able to see it, anyway.

Time-traveling Senshi

a little hummingbird
Chibi Halo
a little hummingbird

You only took one of the things I pointed out and attributed it solely to friendship. However, I was talking about the combination.

Also you say they were busy, but I seem to recall Korra making it pretty clear that she only wrote to Asami because that was her preference. Not because she was worried about people being busy. Wouldn't of Asami been busy rebuilding her company?

I am very similar to Korra. I'm upfront, I'm honest, I'm hot tempered, and I can be pretty reckless. That isn't to say we're the same person; clearly we are not. But due to our personality similarity, I feel like I can parallel some of the things she has done to what I have done. When I went MIA and didn't want to talk to anyone there was only one person I felt comfortable enough to write to was my favorite person, who also ended up being my s/o. It makes sense in my mind, because I can understand how she feels. However, this alone would not be enough proof because it would be one sole instance.

If that had been the only way in which she had favored Asami, perhaps I would agree. But it wasn't. And the scene at the end with them gazing into each other's eyes with that kind of intensity is not something two best friends would do. You can't even pretend it is. I have very close female friends. I even flirt heavily with my female friends. But even when my friends and I are joking around or are very, very close, or act like sisters that kind of look is not something we share. Not alone. Not with those facial expressions. And definitely not while holding hands. I'm pretty close with my little sister, too. I myself have never done that and I've also never witnessed two people doing that who weren't more than friends.

As well as, it may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to a lot of people, which is why it's being shipped. The fact that you're including feminism and lesbianism into this debate makes me think you're really salty at the fanbase which is why you don't want to recognize it. But that's not my problem, or their problem, that's yours. By the way, it would be more appropriate to say she was bisexual, since she has also shown clear interest in men.

What I meant with my response to you is that people have only used the letter writing as the reason why she's totally in lesbian love with Asami. That just because she never wrote to the boys she's totally in love with Asami. That's what I have to consider bunk. It's a weak argument for that ship being totally canon. They don't back it up with anything else. That's where I was going with that. Totally sorry if I put forth the wrong meaning with my response to you. I was more trying to comment on what I've been seeing with that part of the overall reasons people point out not trying to pick apart your comments.

Chibi Halo
a little hummingbird

In Frozen they are literally sibling. & you don't know how to read atmosphere. At the last second you could see their other hands also grasp. THey were'nt looking at eachother froma sideways angle.

Big Wolf

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Wall Street 200
a little hummingbird

Literally everyone HATED makkorra in season 1
and thats when i liked it the most
they just dont want the avatar to be lesbian cool

Feral Shapeshifter

12,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Oh! Didn't notice before but now... ALL of my ships didn't end well, or at least them not romantically ending up together :/

User Image

I don't always sail on a ship, but when I do... I end up with a broken heart :'(
They did a terrible job at the end. Korra and Asami just seemed like really good friends, up until the very end. Even the holding hands part was just a sign of friendship. There were no actual signs of their relationship happening during the series- except for jokingly "both of Mako's exs should date lol".
For the creators to say yes, Korrasami is canon is like saying Mako and Bolin are in a gay incest relationship, because they hugged each other and said I love you.
I'm not so much upset with the same sex relationship as I am with the fact that they tried to convey it in the least noticeable way as possible and then try to stuff it in all at the end. Terrible story telling and it just messed up the the series for me.

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
Nagareboshi Kibou
Oh! Didn't notice before but now... ALL of my ships didn't end well, or at least them not romantically ending up together :/

User Image

I don't always sail on a ship, but when I do... I end up with a broken heart :'(

I have "my OTP is canon" Privilege, with Zhurrick. Am I happy it happened? Yes. Do I literally think I could have written it better? mmmmmmaybe... I wasn't shipping Korra with anyone, except maybe Bolin. And I totes ship Mako with Prince Wu.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff