Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Lunatic

Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur
Pretty sure he was using airbending to move the toxic gas and smoke from the volcano.

It was Sozin Heatbending, not Airbending.
Yeah that's already established. I was thinking about Roku when he was lava bending.

Yeah, I would say overheating someone could be possible...
It's possible. Iroh was able to heat up a cup of tea just by holding the cup. In theory firebenders can make objects hot simply by touching them.

Obviously with some self control.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Qyp
Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur
Pretty sure he was using airbending to move the toxic gas and smoke from the volcano.

It was Sozin Heatbending, not Airbending.
Yeah that's already established. I was thinking about Roku when he was lava bending.

It's possible. Iroh was able to heat up a cup of tea just by holding the cup. In theory firebenders can make objects hot simply by touching them.

I'm more interested in seeing a firebender melt metal rather bend someone's body heat honestly.

Eloquent Elocutionist

I doubt it..I mean how would it even work?
Like they can take the heat from someone & kill them by lowering their body temperature too low?
That's just honestly so extra.

Manly Lunatic

Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur
Qyp
Balmaur

I'm more interested in seeing a firebender melt metal rather bend someone's body heat honestly.

I only see them doing that during Sozin's Comet, though, Firebenders were the ones working in factories in the early industry to heat up furnaces. But, I think to melt it into liquid form, by themselves, Sozin's Comet.

Predestined Hoarder

Balmaur

Mako is shown melting metal in episode 10, but only very slowly.

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
dreamish
Balmaur

Mako is shown melting metal in episode 10, but only very slowly.
Doesn't count when Mako does something. Has to actual be a character I like.

Golden Egg

18,715 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
old skin
In Roku's flashback where he and Sozin try to fight a volcano, Sozin is shown redirecting the heat from the volcano like Iroh's lightning redirection.
Anyone think other firebenders could do this? And if so, could they use it against people (i.e. to pull heat out of their bodies)?

YEs i see what you are getting at. Just like blood benders can control the water inside living things , so too could a special fire bender control the electrical pulses created by living things.

IE: what if Mako got attacked by Eels ? (Giant Eels) . He gets bit by elctrically charged Eel. But he is able to redirect that electricity? Or maybe he is able to control the electricity before he gets bit?

ALSO : remember in avatar , when the Lion turtle speaks to Aang? He tells him that before elemental bending humans used to be able to bend "energy" itself?

Premium Gaian

old skin
cristeal
Why do you think fire benders are always be imprisoned in cold cells?

Fire benders already bend heat. They use their own body to heat to create fire, and the heat coming off Sozin's comet was what amplified the nation's bending abilities. If water benders can bend the water within others, than I'm sure it's possible to bend another persons heat. However, humans are not like volcanos, our body temperature is only 37 degrees, I doubt it's possible to access the entirety of a person's warmth, we're not that hot (at least compared to most things). While the magma Sozin bended turned into rock, that doesn't mean it became cool or even a bearable temperature.

I'm talking about an exceptionally powerful firebender, though. Hama demonstrated the ability to bend atmospheric water, so bending the heat out of someone's body doesn't seem entirely implausible.

I remember that..That made me truly believe, that she was, and could still be considered one of the most powerful water benders in the entire series. Ming Hua is just an awesome fighter, now if Hama was young, and/or a true fighter, then should could have been considered more dangerous than Ming Hua, because of being strong enough to take water out of the air. Along with her being able to take the water out of the plants. And really, nobody else but her has ever done that sort of thing.

Ruthless Receiver

Like a Leaf on the Wind
old skin
In Roku's flashback where he and Sozin try to fight a volcano, Sozin is shown redirecting the heat from the volcano like Iroh's lightning redirection.
Anyone think other firebenders could do this? And if so, could they use it against people (i.e. to pull heat out of their bodies)?

YEs i see what you are getting at. Just like blood benders can control the water inside living things , so too could a special fire bender control the electrical pulses created by living things.

IE: what if Mako got attacked by Eels ? (Giant Eels) . He gets bit by elctrically charged Eel. But he is able to redirect that electricity? Or maybe he is able to control the electricity before he gets bit?

ALSO : remember in avatar , when the Lion turtle speaks to Aang? He tells him that before elemental bending humans used to be able to bend "energy" itself?

I'm not talking the electricity in someone's body, but that's also an interesting concept. Controlling someone's movements through electrical impulses as opposed to with their blood.

Ruthless Receiver

Marshmlow1
old skin
cristeal
Why do you think fire benders are always be imprisoned in cold cells?

Fire benders already bend heat. They use their own body to heat to create fire, and the heat coming off Sozin's comet was what amplified the nation's bending abilities. If water benders can bend the water within others, than I'm sure it's possible to bend another persons heat. However, humans are not like volcanos, our body temperature is only 37 degrees, I doubt it's possible to access the entirety of a person's warmth, we're not that hot (at least compared to most things). While the magma Sozin bended turned into rock, that doesn't mean it became cool or even a bearable temperature.

I'm talking about an exceptionally powerful firebender, though. Hama demonstrated the ability to bend atmospheric water, so bending the heat out of someone's body doesn't seem entirely implausible.

I remember that..That made me truly believe, that she was, and could still be considered one of the most powerful water benders in the entire series. Ming Hua is just an awesome fighter, now if Hama was young, and/or a true fighter, then should could have been considered more dangerous than Ming Hua, because of being strong enough to take water out of the air. Along with her being able to take the water out of the plants. And really, nobody else but her has ever done that sort of thing.

If Ming-Hua had arms she'd probably better even better than Hama now that I think about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff