Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone think there is a connection between Mako and Iroh?
Iroh's sons name was Mako, and now there is a Mako in the legend of Korra.
Perhaps that's Zuko's son or something and named it after Iroh's son for honor?

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
Iroh's voice actor was Mako. His son was Lu Ten. Mako was named in honor of the actor since he passed away during A:tLA's production.

Devoted Sage

Zuko has an unnamed daughter. Mako was named after the original voice actor for Iroh, who passed away after the second or third book of Avatar.
Oh I see. My bad

Dapper Capitalist

Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Mako was the name of Iroh's son from anyway? confused

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
CreativeButLazy
Where does everyone keep getting the idea that Mako was the name of Iroh's son from anyway? confused

Because at the end of the Iroh part of Tales of Ba Sing Se, right after they showed Lu Ten's picture, they dedicated it to Mako. Since Iroh said something like, "I wish I could have helped you, my son." and didn't say his name that ep, I guess the name in the dedication just got associated with Lu Ten. Just my thoughts is all...

Dapper Capitalist

Countess K
CreativeButLazy

Because at the end of the Iroh part of Tales of Ba Sing Se, right after they showed Lu Ten's picture, they dedicated it to Mako. Since Iroh said something like, "I wish I could have helped you, my son." and didn't say his name that ep, I guess the name in the dedication just got associated with Lu Ten. Just my thoughts is all...

I guess that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces