• The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

That would be pretty spiteful of them... I thought it was an attempt of pandering to the Zuko/Katara demographic actually, since it seemed to mirror a lot of bad Zutara fanfics.
That's why I think it's a punishment. I was executed badly and it didn't even stick.

D: I think you may be on to something after all.
Now I am even more embarrassed to ship them. emotion_facepalm
Well after I watched episode one with Aang and how he obviously liked Katara it baffled me how anyone could think that wasn't canon.

Yeah, me too! As soon as I watched the first episode I knew Katara/Aang was going to be canon. There's no way they'd have had the plucky kid hero beat out for his love interest by his surly bad boy teen rival. And the whole love at first sight trope is rarely defied.

Not to mention, Zuko has literally no romantic scenes with Katara whatsoever. The closest they ever get is the cave in Ba Sing Se and the agni kai at the end, imo, and you can easily argue the interaction is still platonic.

I'm not sure why anyone would ever have thought Zuko/Katara was going to be canon either.

I don't mind, like I said Kataang is cute. I just have a preference for Zuko/Katara because of that agni kai, idk, I can't help it. xP
I've never jumped on many ships. Only couple I loved to death was Vegeta/Bulma.

I've never watched Dragon Ball Z, they seem cute though. xD

I have a list of pairings I like, but I don't go crazy over them. Especially in Avatar, I don't really think romance was meant to be the point of the show. There's already so much more interesting stuff going on.

At least there should be. I don't know how much of the plot the love triangles ate up in LoK since I didn't watch most of it. xP

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

Well after I watched episode one with Aang and how he obviously liked Katara it baffled me how anyone could think that wasn't canon.

Yeah, me too! As soon as I watched the first episode I knew Katara/Aang was going to be canon. There's no way they'd have had the plucky kid hero beat out for his love interest by his surly bad boy teen rival. And the whole love at first sight trope is rarely defied.

Not to mention, Zuko has literally no romantic scenes with Katara whatsoever. The closest they ever get is the cave in Ba Sing Se and the agni kai at the end, imo, and you can easily argue the interaction is still platonic.

I'm not sure why anyone would ever have thought Zuko/Katara was going to be canon either.

I don't mind, like I said Kataang is cute. I just have a preference for Zuko/Katara because of that agni kai, idk, I can't help it. xP

I have a list of pairings I like, but I don't go crazy over them. Especially in Avatar, I don't really think romance was meant to be the point of the show. There's already so much more interesting stuff going on.

At least there should be. I don't know how much of the plot the love triangles ate up in LoK since I didn't watch most of it. xP
Way too much. To the point where in my opinion is destroyed Korra's personality.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
it was a little boring in the beginning but after the second season it started to pick up.

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

Way too much. To the point where in my opinion is destroyed Korra's personality.

That sucks emotion_donotwant I've just started watching book 2, I finally decided to give it a shot. I made it all the way to the Wan episodes. WAN IS AMAZING! Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Anyway thus far the romance stuff has yet to really annoy me, but maybe that's because my expectations going in were already so low... but there's still a few episodes left for it to get as bad as I imagined. Should I be worried? I have heard so much bad stuff about the love triangle in book 2 gonk

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

That sucks emotion_donotwant I've just started watching book 2, I finally decided to give it a shot. I made it all the way to the Wan episodes. WAN IS AMAZING! Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Anyway thus far the romance stuff has yet to really annoy me, but maybe that's because my expectations going in were already so low... but there's still a few episodes left for it to get as bad as I imagined. Should I be worried? I have heard so much bad stuff about the love triangle in book 2 gonk
In my opinion the only thing that saves Book 2 in the love triangle thing is that
Mako and Korra break up.

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

In my opinion the only thing that saves Book 2 in the love triangle thing is that
Mako and Korra break up.

I just finished book 2! (Yes I watched the whole thing in two days /nolife)
I agree with you, I'm glad that
Korra and Mako break up. Korra became such an annoying character whenever she was near Mako, ugh. And I can definitely see how it might be a stab at Zuko/Katara, lol

But on the whole I only found the whole love triangle thing to be a mildly irritating side plot. I didn't feel it had enough screen time to be too upsetting. There was lots of other stuff going on. Maybe it was because I was expecting so much worse from all the complaints I had heard.

Also, Wan and Eska made that entire season worth it. emotion_kirakira
I'd spend eternal darkness in icy bliss with you, Eska! heart

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
M e i
Balmaur
M e i
Balmaur
M e i

Mako and Korra break up.

I just finished book 2! (Yes I watched the whole thing in two days /nolife)
I agree with you, I'm glad that
Korra and Mako break up. Korra became such an annoying character whenever she was near Mako, ugh. And I can definitely see how it might be a stab at Zuko/Katara, lol

But on the whole I only found the whole love triangle thing to be a mildly irritating side plot. I didn't feel it had enough screen time to be too upsetting. There was lots of other stuff going on. Maybe it was because I was expecting so much worse from all the complaints I had heard.

Also, Wan and Eska made that entire season worth it. emotion_kirakira
I'd spend eternal darkness in icy bliss with you, Eska! heart
I love Eska! It just bugged me how Korras acted because I really liked her at the start of book 1.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff