Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Genius

Yeah, this time around there are tons of people acting like the immature teens that they are, what with their undeserved low and high ratings on people, but you all seem to forget.

This is the first day, of the first week.

Those sorts of people tire of things quickly. They're young, they're immature, and their attention spans are short. As the week goes on, less and less of them will care. The meaningless votes will slowly be reduced in meaning by the meaningful ones, and by the end of the week the novelty of the contest will have worn off and most of them will go off, back to their normal Gaian lives, leaving the Avatar Arena in peace.

So be patient. I predict within 2-3 weeks, the Avatar Arena will be a much better place. Just keep trying, and keep voting.

Eloquent Elder

I'd like to believe that, but I'm not so sure I can. The Art Arena still had issues with this a YEAR after its implementation - that is why the partial karma system was implemented.

Dapper Genius

Lady Pyre
I'd like to believe that, but I'm not so sure I can. The Art Arena still had issues with this a YEAR after its implementation - that is why the partial karma system was implemented.
But the Art Arena doesn't cost anything to submit art to, am I right? surprised And people don't care so much about other submissions if they don't have anything of their own.

Although you could be right. confused I'm just gonna wait and find out, myself. 3nodding

Skarlis's Husbando

Timid Lunatic

Just sit back, grab the remote, butter the popcorn and watch the chaos. xd
l+_+l
Just sit back, grab the remote, butter the popcorn and watch the chaos. xd

*scoots over next to you and grabs some popcorn* xp

Eloquent Elder

Kira Catgirl
Lady Pyre
And people don't care so much about other submissions if they don't have anything of their own.

Precisely. Most of the trouble in the Art Arena was from other ARTISTS getting their friends to vote them higher and the competition lower. The same thing has been happening here.

Dapper Genius

Lady Pyre
Kira Catgirl
Lady Pyre
And people don't care so much about other submissions if they don't have anything of their own.

Precisely. Most of the trouble in the Art Arena was from other ARTISTS getting their friends to vote them higher and the competition lower. The same thing has been happening here.
Exactly, and since entering into this costs 1k, people who do that are less likely to continue entering (especially after losing a few times). Also, people tend to be somewhat more emotionally involved in their artwork than their avatars, so they're even more likely to do that sort of thing in the Art Arena than the Avatar Arena.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff