Total Votes:[ 23 ]
1 2 3 >

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
gaia_crown User Image gaia_crown

After being inspired by some of you, fellow critics, we decided to start our own thread in hopes to shed some light on how we feel about cosplays from the arenas.

Before we start please know:
- These critiques are solely our opinions and nothing else.
- We will be judging based off the avatar's creativity, accuracy, originality, background, and of course the character being cosplayed.
- If by any chance you disagree with us you are welcome to tell us in the thread.
- Please respect everyone who posts including us. If we don't like a cosplay we'll say so but there is no need to bash anyone.
- We know you'll check~~

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image

1st Place:
Uhh I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. Gardevoir is pretty OP. But this cosplay was just a little too simple and random for me to actually like it. Not only do you lack a background or any details other than the outfit. You also used very similar items to a previous Shiny Gardevoir cosplay. In fact you managed to actually do less than the previous. Regardless the character itself is pretty dull. I thought Shiny MegaGardevoir was hip these days. This is just out of the blue. I strongly believe this only placed because no one noticed it. I gave this a 1/5.

2nd Place:
This was a cosplay I was curious to see. While I like the look overall, I think it lacks the actual detail that the character's outfit has. Such as the bracers and top. A background or scene would have been a big help for you. I know I say that a lot but it's true. However, unlike first place, I can actually understand why this placed where it did. Congrats. I gave this a 3/5.

3rd Place:
At first glance this cosplay looks really nice but overall it's a bit cluttered. A reoccurring theme I see with any Sora outfit is what I like to call "over-layering." And that's exactly what this cosplay is. So much is layered onto it that the minor details are no longer important. While it might have been great to many I personally think a better one could be made. I do enjoy the fact that you tried to be different and were the first of the winners to use a background. One that matches very well I should add. I gave this a 4/5.

4th Place:
So two of these placed this week. Honestly, both have things that the other could use. Neither are perfect. The things I like the most are the top layering and bottom half. I dislike the face, hair, and wings that were chosen. If I had to choose I would say this is the better of the two. Only because of the layering. I gave this a 3/5.

5th Place:
I think it's pretty cute how both of your Alice in Wonderland cosplays placed. At least I assume you're the same artist from last week. However, I do feel like both only got by because of their nostalgia aspect. Do I think this should have placed? Sure. Do I think it deserved to place in front of some of the others? Possibly... but it's just a tad too simple for me. I gave this a 3/5.

6th Place:
Definitely one of the better cosplays from this week. I really love the top layering and the background chosen. My only complaint is the eyes you used. Maybe it's just me but I feel like the new Lovesick Gaze item would be a much better choice. Regardless this was very well put together and I believe it should have placed higher. I gave this a5/5.

7th Place:
Your cosplays are always so well thought out. This entry was no exception. Unlike the other Kingdom Hearts entry this one had details in all the right places. The background was pretty straight forward but you added more to it. Which I'm glad you did. The only reason I think this didn't place higher was because it's not as well known as some of the characters who placed higher. I gave this a 5/5.

8th Place:
I'm not sure if I was the only one who noticed but this entry managed to place higher than ryuukos and myself with a lower average. Anyway~~ This avatar is just... not very... Well ok a lot of things bother me. For starters what was the point of female base? It's a skinny guy character but it's still a guy. I would only ever use female base for a male if the character was very childish or feminine. He looks neither. My biggest problem lies in the choice of hair. So that hair already looks huge but paired with a small female base it just looks like he was in a very bad accident. The rest of the outfit is pretty simple and even the sleeves weren't done the best way they could be. Hope it doesn't sound like I'm nitpicking.~~ I gave this a 1/5.

9th Place:
The second Senketsu Kisaragi this week. Like I said neither is perfect and one could use something the other doesn't have. I love the face, hair, wings, and background chosen but the top layering, bottom, and gloves are very lacking. I gave this a 3/5.

10th Place:
Oooo thank you everyone and all the people who uprated me last minute lolz
User Image

Favorite of the week:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Despite not having a mouth I really love what you've done with this cosplay. The character itself is unique already but the face and pose ties it all together. I also am a big fan of the hair you chose. Perfection~~~ Well for me anyways~~
User Image

1st place: Shiny Gardevoir - Mmmm, another Pokemon cosplay. I promise I have nothing against Pokemon. I just really don't feel like enough was done for this cosplay. The hair feels off (Although I do see what you were going for), The eyes seem too serious, there's no mouth (two/three of the references you provided showed Gardevoir with a mouth, so I think it would've been best to go for that, because regardless, she -does- have a mouth), the tie doesn't really look like the orange thing sticking out of her chest, you have her shoulders showing, and the whole bottom part seems lazy. Even if I ignored the hair you used and orange thing sticking out of the chest, there still seems to be too much that I could only consider decent at best. Also, this avatar looks heavily based off of another avatar that placed in the past. Who knows, maybe it was just a coincidence! Rating I would give this: 1/5

2nd place: RE: [LoL] Nidalee - Ah, another LoL cosplay. There have been a lot lately, which is nice.~ (Even though I'm more of a Smite person) Anyways, I loooove the face/top. The loincloth and below, however, I feel could've been done better. Rather than using that loincloth, I think it would've been better to use Wild Dawn loincloth, + a sash that hangs low to mimic the character. As for the shoes... As I've said in the past, I love when people go out of their way to be extra accurate and add small details. I really enjoyed that you added the fur around the top of her boots. However, the shoes/legwarmers really don't look like the character's boots. If that's the best Gaia absolutely has, then add a +1 to the score I give you, because I could've sworn I saw Gaia release newer boots that match the character perfectly, but it might've been a leg mod. Rating I would give this: 4/5

3rd place: KHII: Space Paranoids Sora - There's a lot of layering going on here. I'm not a fan of items being stacked on top of each other, but I can't really take points away for that. Anyways~~ There are quite a few things that bother me on this avatar reaaaally badly (mainly the helmet and shoes), but considering how limited Gaia is, and how hard it actually is to pull off an outfit this hard, you did a good job. I really enjoy the hair idea you had, and both the shoulders and stomach section. Rating I would give this: 5/5

4th place: SENKETSU-KISARAGI!!! - I really need to start watching this anime... Anyways, this avatar is wonderful. You did a great job with the outfits, and the hair is amazing ohmygod. My favorite part, though... Definitely the wings. There really isn't much to say about this avatar because everything is super well done. Great job! Rating I would give this: 5/5

5th place: The White Rabbit - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, this is adorable. Even though your avatar isn't a midget like the rabbit, I think you pretty much nailed it. That face though, ohmygouda I can't. Too perfect. Great job! Rating I would give this: 5/5

6th place: BlazBlue: Makoto Nanaya - Another great cosplay.~ I've seen quite a few of these before, but I think this one has the most detail. The... thong? part of the avatar made me scream because of how well you pulled it off. The only complaint I can think of is the bra, just because it's more white than black. But I'd forget about that, considering you have the done correctly in general, and that isn't something that can easily be pulled off. Rating I would give this: 5/5

7th place: Vanitas Remnant - KH BBS - Another cosplay I can't say much for. Everything is pretty much on point, especially the helmet and chest area. I've seen many Vanitas cosplays in the past, but never a Remnant version. Regardless, great job! Rating I would give this: 5/5

8th place: KLK - Senketsu Kisaragi - I love the fact that this Senketsu is completely different from the other one, but is still really nice. I love the boots you used, considering the length and color of them seems perfect. The thing I love most about this avatar is probably the horns you used. The hair could be a bit bigger, but the one you used suffices.~ Rating I would give this: 5/5

9th place: HATE ON ITTTTT~ - Good jouda.

10th place: Sword Art Online - Kirito - Ooooh, SAO, another anime I need to get to! Anyways, let's see... Female base. I understand that he's said to look like a female in the anime, but realistically, it's easy to tell he's a guy, simply from looking at the reference images you supplied. Something else that bothers me.... The hair. It's perfect in the front, but too big and messy on the sides and in the back. Considering how many Kirito cosplayers there are, it shouldn't be too hard to find a hair more similar to his. He isn't winking in any of the reference pictures. I understand you supplied a picture of what the eyes look like without the secret winking pose, but that really doesn't help. The eyes you used actually seem too mean for Kirito anyways, but that might just be due to the hair/eye combo you used. The pants/blade skirt are perfect. The top, however, is very messy. The things that bother me most are that: 1. His neck/very little of his chest is showing, but you completely covered it in the avatar. 2. He has a noticeable collar, but there is none on your avatar. Perhaps using BOTNS shirt. Yes, it'll take off the gloves, but the BOTNS shirt also has gloves similar to Kirito's. Rating I would give this: 1/5

How I wish the top 10 9 would've looked:
1st Place:
1st Place: Vanitas Remnant - KH BBS
3rd Place: SENKETSU-KISARAGI!!! & KLK - Senketsu Kisaragi
4th Place: BlazBlue: Makoto Nanaya
5th Place: The White Rabbit
6th Place: KHII: Space Paranoids Sora
7th Place: RE: [LoL] NidaleeKLK - Senketsu Kisaragi
8th Place:Sword Art Online - Kirito
9th Place:Shiny Gardevoir

Entries that I wish would've placed:
♥ Videl ♥

Favorite of Week 11 (2014) - Steven Universe: Amethyst
Favorite of Week 12 - Pokémon FRLG: Leaf
Favorite of Week 13 - Saturn, Jupiter ~
Favorite of Week 14 - Kiki's Delivery Service

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Previous favorites:

TBA

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
You do know that Yami Yugi means. Dark Yugi right?

In Season 0 of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yami would torture criminals with an inhumane penalty game..

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
GalavantMan
You do know that Yami Yugi means. Dark Yugi right?

In Season 0 of Yu-Gi-Oh, Yami would torture criminals with an inhumane penalty game..

No I didn't :0
I guess I see why he thought those weird looking eyes were a good idea.

Hilarious Sex Symbol

Celebrating Pants

21,650 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
'Preciate the critique, you two!

Skilled Knight

the forth place avatar has an arm mod holding a cup of tea to the mouth that the character has in the reference its not a pacifier

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
The Iegend of ZeIda
the forth place avatar has an arm mod holding a cup of tea to the mouth that the character has in the reference its not a pacifier

Oh ok I see it now thank you :')
Still bad tho lol

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Thanks for the critique but as Loz pointed out, it was a teacup and the eyes are perfect for shinku's character IMO.

Thanks anyway - I guess others liked it enough to vote for it redface

Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
dolceamaro
Thanks for the critique but as Loz pointed out, it was a teacup and the eyes are perfect for shinku's character IMO.

Thanks anyway - I guess others liked it enough to vote for it redface

Yeah! All 174 of them!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas