Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shaggy Inquisitor

The Iegend of ZeIda
Happy Masks
OH AND LAYERING
LAYERING IS WHY
if gaia changed the b***h layering system, there'd be tons more in the arena's I'm sure.
And I really don't see why they can't just change it! classified_fu

honestly with 90,000 items i think they just code to layer an item and the rest is just surprise it does or doesnt layer depending on coding. no way they go through all of it

Yeah, it'd be so much better if it would layer acording to what items you equipt first, but it's probably not possible in the coding :[

Skilled Knight

Bunai
Between the fee and buying the items, that is the reason.
When it was 1K it was, well a flood. 30 plus pages.
When raised to 5K there were about 20 pages with the least being 9 pages,
but once it hit 10K BOOM! dwindled down to 5 to 4 pages.

Who wants to spend more gold then what you could possibly win back.

see now its more about recognition over payday. Id rather be known in the cosplay area for the guy that made that one amazing avatar over just winning 100k.

Skilled Knight

Happy Masks
OH AND LAYERING
LAYERING IS WHY
if gaia changed the b***h layering system, there'd be tons more in the arena's I'm sure.

honestly with 90,000 items i think they just code to layer an item and the rest is just surprise it does or doesnt layer depending on coding. no way they go through all of it

Skilled Knight

Its Meark
And then there were 3. emotion_dowant
Sucks though. Only 3 pages kinda takes away the fun from looking at what people have come up with.

you know it really does! I use to love to look at the competition and honestly I always remain voteless if I enter aside from a few stray friends. I never do down votes . I purely liked the entries and seeing what people could create. Now its like page 1 (people that really care) rest of pages maybe one entry thats awesome and the rest....people that just thought theyd enter with something thats isnt to bad. or because someone said they should enter.

Shaggy Inquisitor

OH AND LAYERING
LAYERING IS WHY

Shaggy Inquisitor

Maybe people are just running out of ideas?
People always complain about if a avi is "overdone", so maybe the whole fresh idea think is going down and people don't want to remake avis? Along with the items coming out lately.
I personally have 4 cosplay ideas in my head rightnow o 3o

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
IIIShippoIII
With more cosplay items being released its hard to create original cosplays without using some of the items they provided.

Not really, some of the RIG items just minimize the challenge a bit, as long as you don't follow the habit of set abuse (utilizing at least three or more poses of the same item) managing everything else can become a fun challenge. Take Roxas entries for example, anybody (well with money) could lazily spam Shibuya nobody (and nobody recolor) poses, though in actuality the only faithful pose to Roxas cosplays is the hair. A lot of the remaining cosplay itself could be created from layering items for makeshift designs and really places the artists credibility or creativity into question.

Mostly it's the entry fee that is to blame, especially considering that before when we had multitudes of noobs and newbies flooding the place, many people just think the arenas were a quick way to make a 100K. Though I agree with better items on the rise, and better entries to compete against, people generally didn't want to buy into that kind of weekly expense just to loose. So yeah RIG item quality were partially to blame.

Angelic Blob

Between the fee and buying the items, that is the reason.
When it was 1K it was, well a flood. 30 plus pages.
When raised to 5K there were about 20 pages with the least being 9 pages,
but once it hit 10K BOOM! dwindled down to 5 to 4 pages.

Who wants to spend more gold then what you could possibly win back.

Melodious Gekko

12,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just think the average Gaian folk doesn't find it worth the effort any more. Then again, this can apply for the whole of the avatar arena in both submission and review, not just the cosplay arena entries.

Lunatic

11,525 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
With more cosplay items being released its hard to create original cosplays without using some of the items they provided.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff