Welcome to Gaia! ::

As you stand in front of the bathroom mirror, your reflection lit only by the small, flickering candle you hold, you take a deep breath before...

you say "Bloody Mary" five times in an unwavering, ritualistic chant. There's no going back now. 0.27272727272727 27.3% [ 6 ]
you chicken out and hurriedly flick the bathroom light back on.Who cares about silly old legends anyway? 0.72727272727273 72.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 > >>

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Feral Wolf

Empyrean Spirit

I just watched those cut scenes you provided a link to. The voice actress did really well, and I think the character is great! It's a shame she died, though.
I saw you have some new art; I really love your signature.

Feral Wolf

NAM-JAI

I just watched those cut scenes you provided a link to. The voice actress did really well, and I think the character is great! It's a shame she died, though.
I saw you have some new art; I really love your signature.

emotion_kirakira you noticed me, senpai~ heart

I'm glad you liked them! the voice actress definitely did a great job. it's funny because the only other role I know her from is DeeDee from Dexter's lab. quite a difference. xD
hnnnnnnnn ;w; it's a videogame/comic book death, so I'm hoping it isn't permanent. we need more female characters that are legitimately badass without simultaneously being fan service.

I do! I've been on quite the hunt. >w< )9
and thank you! the artist actually created a gif of it! I have it on the first page under her name.

Empyrean Spirit

What a cool animation! User Image

Oh, you don't like female characters there just for the gratuitous crotch-shots?
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why video game companies don't listen to their female base, or at least make an attempt at designing more female characters who aren't in a supporting role. The same could be applied to entertainment television.
Bloody Mary is in it for herself, there's no question.

Feral Wolf

oh gosh, right? I mean, I guess the main reason would be money. they already make a lot of it appealing to a very specific demographic. and then whenever they try to appeal to us it's like "here. have this game with puppies in it, I guess."
every time I find a game I love I'm still made to feel like I'm not supposed to be playing it because every female character is like "hey, check these out. also, everything I say is an innuendo." I feel like if writers realized that writing a woman is the same as writing a person, there would be more interesting female characters. =w=
that's one reason I like Mary so much. her character is simple, but it's solid, and it isn't based around the fact that she has a v****a.

/ramble
I'm sorry. xD I guess I'm one of those people that thinks about this stuff a lot.

Empyrean Spirit

//waves her hands and smiles
Oh no, no, it's alright, really! I like to read about this. Ever since tumblr, I've been introduced to a lot of these sorts of issues that I hadn't really considered before. With such a massive flow of information, it's really easy to see how, where, who, when, and why, a person or a company might make a particular statement. For instance, a company claiming that "designing female characters is too difficult" and yet having an insurmountable number of male characters with different expressions and features. And worse yet, predominantly white. Perhaps one of the best--and most notable example--is Disney's Frozen. The female characters have a recycled design, while the males have defining features and shapes. Even my family, where the men all look undoubtedly related, have features that tell them apart. Same goes for the women, but you don't see that in video games and films.
So in a less winded version, I completely agree with you.

Feral Wolf

:c there really is so much depth and variety in male characters that's so terribly rare with female characters, in personality and appearance. I've always been so disappointed by that. sometimes my boyfriend understands, and sometimes he tells me to get over it or ignore it. but it's a predominant problem in all types of consumable media. if I just ignored every offender then I could never be a fan of anything. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff