Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello frequenters of the AD,
Here is the revival of the thread that was lost in translation

Original thread by Lea Florens

========================

If you want to hang out and chat with other art-inclined people, come join up the AD's (unofficial) IRC channel.

This's to promote the irc channel created by AD-er Fansub borne in another AD thread.

For the IRC-savvy:
Server: irc.synirc.net
Channel: #gaiaart

For the IRC-newbie:
Use an irc client. (For other clients see below post)
One such one is htpp://chat.mibbit.com
Mibbit chat client:
Select the server: Synirc[webirc] from the drop-down server box
Type your nick(name)
Type in the Channel window: #gaiaart
Click Connect

Join up, hang out, help keep the chan (and this thread) alive! smile
Annie Felis
Hah, I was going to make this topic once I was done sleeping the morning away. XD

There are a few chat interfaces you can use that aren't browser-based, so you might want to list them:

The main one is mIRC, which can be found here. This is the one people use the most, although I do not because I have a multi-platform chat program. Unfortunately it has a 30-day trial and after that wants you to pay. I would not wander the internet looking for a free or cracked version of this, you'll only get burned.

I use Pidgin, which is free, works on multiple OS's, and also comes bundled with other chat interfaces like Yahoo, AIM and MSN. There will be people who whine it sucks and are mIRC purists, but frankly not everybody wants to shell out twenty bucks just to chat with others.

There's also Trillian, but that's become such crap these days I'm not even going to bother showing a link. Use at your own risk.

Once you have a chat interface, there are some things you need to set up:

1. You need to put in the IRC address. For this chat, it's irc.synirc.net.
2. You need to select a port number. The default to use is 6667.
3. Set up a username for your chat interface. You can register it so it's password protected, but not entirely necessary.
4. Port encodings should be UTF-8.

There are three admins for this channel right now: the main admin is Fansub, first op is TheAtroxious, secondary op is me. If you have questions about things you can always PM one of us. You'll find at least one of us idling in there, too...and even if we don't respond right away, we will respond.
AD's list of useful threads that need to be bumped once the first page is full of crap

(because I can't find zhevra's list)

For dramatic effect, bump with "I am an AD regular and I approve this thread".

In no particular order

History of modernism
How to draw on computas
So you want to be an artist in the game industry
Uninspired?
Art material review
Art school preparation
Tablet discussion thread
Hundreds of free books on art
The guide to interviewing
How to shade
Digital painting tips sharing thread
You need to stop drawing anime!
The meaning of "life drawing"

Let me know if you find anything else

Aged Codger

Sorry if I haven't been in IRC much lately. My kid's become mobile, which means less computer time.

Obsessive Kitten

I need to get back into IRC. Haven't had much computer time due to a bad back and half my family catching the same cold at once.

Annie: Oh good luck with that. I remember when my little cousin became mobile. For a while we could actually box her in part of the living room using the ottomans but then she figured out how to pull herself up and hike one leg on top to climb over and escape. Babysitting her wasn't fun anymore after that.
Annie Felis
Sorry if I haven't been in IRC much lately. My kid's become mobile, which means less computer time.

D'awwwww he's crawling? D'AWWWWWWW

Anyway, I've been on but idle, and I'm sorry about that. Life has been a bit... chaotic these days.
No need to apologise, this thread is more of a *hinthint* than anything else

Aged Codger

ninitan
Annie Felis

Anyway, I've been on but idle, and I'm sorry about that. Life has been a bit... chaotic these days.

A combination of crawling and rolling. Not that it matters how he moves, just that he's moving and he's trouble.
There's nobody in the room!

Aged Codger

Dundeleedum
There's nobody in the room!

I'll say. I just came in and lo, I am the only one there. Guess I'll idle since I'm an op anyway.
...I was gonna go this.

OH WELL BUMP TIME
I miss you all!!

My homework and boyfriend seem to be taking up a lot of my time, and since I no longer have a laptop, and my boyfriend is *ahem* distracting when we're together, yeah...

WHY IS NO ONE AROUND ANYMORE?! :.:

Widow

I've been trying to study more so I'll probably be scarce for my own benefit.

But hopefully this thread can stay put.

Tipsy Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
It's back! User Image
Annie Felis
ninitan
Annie Felis

A combination of crawling and rolling. Not that it matters how he moves, just that he's moving and he's trouble.

I miss the crawling days. They are so much easier when they're slow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff