Welcome to Gaia! ::

IV-FOUR's Husband

a year ago I had been motivated and more creative with my art but now I feel bored and uninterested in art.

I struggle with anatomy and even trying to wrap my head around it is difficult redface

and besides that I have little to no ideas to what I should draw, or for what. Im not sure but if you can help me out figuring what could help motivate me or get better at anatomy that'd be really great help!

I do have a da which I scarcely use anymore http://vapidwol.deviantart.com and I'm not sure if art is something I really want to do anymore, I'm just struggling with this a lot right now and its frustrating

Distinct Elder

Make art, not excuses. Either do it or don't. There's no secret.

IV-FOUR's Husband

Itchy the Hatter
Make art, not excuses. Either do it or don't. There's no secret.

redface yeah I guess so, but its easy to get discouraged
Hey sweetie! Whenever I get unmotivated, I watch a movie I love that may stimulate my mind or I listen to music and visualize things! You'll get there! Keep practicing!! heart

Celestial Dog

If you struggle with anatomy, you've gotta dive right into it and start picking stuff apart. It might help to start with skeletons. Grab some images of skeletal structures and start copying them, make note of exactly where everything is and the size of all the bones. It's hugely helpful with getting a grasp of proportions and anatomy.

Then start getting photo references for regular anatomy. For human anatomy I'd suggest a place like posemaniacs. They use 3D muscle structures and it's really great for studying! Again, pick everything apart! Dissecting structures will help you understand anatomy!

Don't feel bad for struggling. Everyone struggles! Everyone goes through rough patches and blocks, too. I've been fighting off a massive one for the past year or two, myself. You've just got to work through it

IV-FOUR's Husband

Q2k
If you struggle with anatomy, you've gotta dive right into it and start picking stuff apart. It might help to start with skeletons. Grab some images of skeletal structures and start copying them, make note of exactly where everything is and the size of all the bones. It's hugely helpful with getting a grasp of proportions and anatomy.

Then start getting photo references for regular anatomy. For human anatomy I'd suggest a place like posemaniacs. They use 3D muscle structures and it's really great for studying! Again, pick everything apart! Dissecting structures will help you understand anatomy!

Don't feel bad for struggling. Everyone struggles! Everyone goes through rough patches and blocks, too. I've been fighting off a massive one for the past year or two, myself. You've just got to work through it

thanks I've been feeling more motivated and confident now that I'm working on understanding anatomy and structure. pixel lovely really does wonders for me, and cool I will definitely check out that site you mentioned!

Dapper Dabbler

Draw from life. If you can, look for life drawing classes near you. There are a number of different organizations and the like that have public life drawing sessions and the cover charge is usually just to pay the model, so not much more than five or ten bucks. Go to a park or cafe and doodle people you see walking around. Here's a trick: as long as you are learning, everything is a study so nothing is bad or wrong. If you don't like it, that's okay, move on to the next drawing. Keep at it and you'll see improvement over time.
Remember: it takes 10 years or 10,000 hours to get good at something. If you want to get good at it, you have to stick with it.

Newbie Noob

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Q2k

Pixelovely is good too! Also, a line of action when doing any drawings from life will help you guide the figure. Look up tips from your favorite artists who're going through art school, take art classes aka Life Drawing. Look up inspiring illustrations from your favorite artists, but also learn to keep an open mind. It'll help a lot if you want to better!

Or just google senshistock from deviantart. That account is a life savior if you cannot find poses you are looking for.

Anxious Cat

19,790 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I do remember finding this thing some time back. It doesn't let you erase or anything, but you can try it maybe? Personally, I never liked it much, but some people find it useful.
You could try beginning a blog where you have to post something every day. You might begin with what you're comfortable with, but eventually you'll discover something new which motivates you again. Good luck. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff