Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I wonder if there has ever been a 3D art shop here in Gaia.
Anyways, I wanted your opinion, what do you think about me opening a 3D art shop?

I don't even know what prices I should set yet, but I'm really excited to do this.

User Image

Peculiar Entrepreneur

I don't think anyone has offered 3d commissions here simply because most people with that skill wouldn't want to be paid in fake money(I know I wouldn't). You could easily get real money for those especially since you rigged them.

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Psychonautic
I don't think anyone has offered 3d commissions here simply because most people with that skill wouldn't want to be paid in fake money(I know I wouldn't). You could easily get real money for those especially since you rigged them.
That usually is the case, but I'm doing this on my free time for practicing purposes, a little profit on the side would be nice but the expectations of the buyer may get too high for me to handle. Still, if I finish a job for someone and that someone wants to offer me money instead, then that would be nice.

Mewling Lionheart

13,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Streaker 200
what program do you use?

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?
I use Maya most of the time. I also use Blender. I deeply hate Maya but it's the one I know how to use the most...

Mewling Lionheart

13,750 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Streaker 200
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?
I use Maya most of the time. I also use Blender. I deeply hate Maya but it's the one I know how to use the most...

ditto
I hear z brush is supposed to be good but its expensive

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?

ditto
z brush is pretty different though; it's a sculpting software. Sculptris is pretty similar to z brush but I haven't used it much, and it's free!

Mewling Lionheart

13,750 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Streaker 200
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?

ditto
z brush is pretty different though; it's a sculpting software. Sculptris is pretty similar to z brush but I haven't used it much, and it's free!

have you tried mudbox at all?

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?

ditto

I'm not really interested in that one, I haven't heard much from it and I don't think I'd be buying something so expensive. I don't use sculpting softwares much.

Mewling Lionheart

13,750 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Streaker 200
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
what program do you use?

ditto

I'm not really interested in that one, I haven't heard much from it and I don't think I'd be buying something so expensive. I don't use sculpting softwares much.

I get a student version
its good for adding textures and stuff

Greedy Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13
Zefengel
theythinkimcrazy13

ditto

I get a student version
its good for adding textures and stuff
I also have a student license, I just don't want to get used to it, which is why I'm not really interested. It's also the reason I'm using Blender.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff