Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
So! This is pretty much my first contest for some OCs of mine! And I'm going to be honest, I'm a hella nervous that this might not turn out the way I want… BUT! I'm hopeful!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the fact that this is all description based. I've not gone to anyone for freebies or commissions for my OCs (too busy, school takes over my life sometimes), so I've had to go off of descriptions. However, I've included a lot of references for all my potential contestants. So even if you're an artist that doesn't really like descriptions that much, please know that I'm truly sorry that what I've given for you isn't exactly the easiest task. I'll mention this in the rules, but these are just images to help you understand what I have in mind and in no way necessary are you required to copy to a "T" the references I've provided for you.

I want this to be a fun experience, and I hope I can collect some art!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED: JUNE 2ND

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
A General Overview of Magical Girls

For those of you that may not know, PreCure (or Pretty Cure) is a Magical Girl anime airing in Japan since 2004. Well, what is a "Magical Girl" you ask? To the best of my ability, Magical Girls are young girls (usually seen at about 14 years old) who gain magical powers through a fairy from another world, usually being attacked by the series' antagonist. These magical powers usually manifest themselves in a "transformation item" that allow the girl to undergo a transformation into her magical girl form. She then fights evil, saving the world in the process, and usually has at least one other magical girl partner to help her.

Pretty Cure is a very popular Magical Girl anime in Japan, having aired now for 10 years. As such, it is natural for fan series to pop up, and that's exactly what I've done!

I became a fan of the show in about 2007-2008. Fan cures didn't start coming to me until about 2010 or so. It's a natural hobby of time to create new Cures with each new season of the show that comes out. This particular fan series of mine is called "Pretty Cure Shuffle!" Each Pretty Cure season has a theme, and I've taken on the concept of card suits, after one of the more recent Pretty Cure seasons.

I've been so excited about this concept about a year now. I've conceptualized these girls very well, but I don't have a sufficient enough ability to draw them. I can only draw their heads, really. gonk So that's where you, the artists of Gaia come in! Below you'll see 4 categories for each of my fan Cure. Each girl is her own contest. I'll cover this in the rules as well, but I feel like it's something that needs to be said more than once. I will not require you to submit for each girl. You can do one girl, two girls, three girls, or if you're really wanting to get some money, you can submit work for all 4. But I won't require you to submit for all four. In fact, if descriptions aren't your thing, then I won't require you to submit at all! Again, I really am sorry for that, because I know descriptions can be tricky.

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Rules

- Please, please, please follow the Gaia ToS.
- Your art must be your own. No stealing, tracing, bases etc. Like I said above, I have provided you with some images for my descriptions, but you are not limited to completely copy them. In fact, I encourage you to use them as nothing more than inspiration. The only exception to this rule is the hair/heads of each girl. In the images that I have provided, some of them are hand drawn by me, personally. Those rough sketches are exactly what I have in mind for them.
- Again, you are not required to submit for each girl. You can submit for just one if you so chose. I will not make you submit for all four girls.
- Should you submit for more than one girl, please know that you can only win the First Place prize once.
- Please be respectful of each and every person that submits, or simply posts in the thread. I will not tolerate bashing/flaming/what have you in the thread. If you have submitted to a contest, and I see that you are being disrespectful, there is a chance I may reject your submission(s), no matter how good.
- You can submit your submission in the thread, or if you choose, you can submit by Private Message. For the subject, just let me know which Magical Girl you're submitting for, just so I know you took a look at these rules.
- When it comes time to announce the winners, please know that all judging will be done by me, and me only. I ask that you please respect my decisions when it comes time to announce the winners.
- May 31st is the ending of the contest. If you'd like to submit, but need more time, I will accept WIPs until the May 31st. I think a week to finish your WIP should be enough time after I close the contest. If you submit a WIP, but do not finish in time, there's a chance I may discard your submission. The winners will then be announced after that.
- Each submitter will get a prize for their efforts. What that prize is outside of what I've provided for the contests below hasn't been determined yet.
- If you have any questions, please let me know. I would hate for anyone to be confused.
- I have the right to add more rules as I see fit, but for now, I think I'll end it here.

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
♥ Abe Kichi / Cure Trump ♥

♥ Kichi is the leader of my fan made set of girls. She's pretty outgoing, and is one of those girls that doesn't have that much of a filter. She's a member of the Theater Club at school. She's got medium to light blonde hair that she wears in a pony tail, and light brown eyes, and wears glasses.

♥ With her partner Darling, she's able to transform into Cure Trump, the Warrior of Hearts. NOTE: MUST be full body. Her hair color turns to a light pink color (again, for digital users the color I have in mind for her is #FFBFF5), and splits into two waist length pigtails (pig tails). These pigtails end in curls like this (c u r l s and an extra one). And because I can't draw them properly, her bangs look exactly like this (bangs). Her eyes turn an gold/orangey color.

Moving to the torso, as well as her skirt, what I imagine for Cure Trump is something of a cross of this outfit (outfit one) and (outfit two). I'm not saying the outfit is a complete merge of the two images. It's more inspired by Cure Heart. However, she does need to have a midriff (i.e. her stomach/belly button needs to be showing). The skirt is pretty similar to Heart as well. However, feel free to change it up a bit, and I would like a removal of the blue section. Trump also does have the compression shorts underneath as well. The colors I want used for this are just some kind of hot pink, and white. And instead of a broach, like Cure Heart has, I want a bow that looks exactly like this (ribbon) in the middle of her chest. Though maybe make the heart a little bit bigger. Finally, to wrap it all up, she's got a light pink bow on her backside at the top of her skirt.

She's got two small, wrist length, fingerless gloves on her hands that look something like this (glove). But instead of the weird pattern on the back of her hand, I just want a simple, red/pink heart.

For boots, you can use these as inspiration (boots one boots two). A heart must be somewhere on her boots.

I really hope this isn't too tedious, and I understand I'm asking for a lot. I hope the images help you a bit. They're what I use when I think about what I picture her looking like in my head. I so wish I could have more of my hand drawn art. Unfortunately, all I'm good for are head shots. I hope the ones I provided are decent enough to go off of. And most importantly, I hope I made sense. But if you have any questions at all, please, please, please ask me! Good luck! biggrin

Rankings: Earning
Honorable Mention: Checkmate 3rd. Gen
Third Place: 500,000 gold.
Runner Up: 1,000,000 gold.
Winner: 2,000,000 gold.

Also all participants who don't land in these categories will be rewarded for their efforts.

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
â™  Shinohara Audrey / Cure Royal â™ 

â™  Audrey is the second member of the team to gain the ability to transform, after Kichi. She is a member of the Poetry Club at school. She's a bit more reserved than most, and the quietest member of the team. Audrey has paler skin than the other 3 girls, and has dark navy hair that's pulled into a loose bun on her head. Her eyes are a lighter shade of navy, though still a dark blue. She has a fondness for turtleneck sweaters when she's not wearing her school uniform.

â™  With the help of her partner, Razor, Audrey is able to transform in to Cure Royal, the Warrior of Spades. NOTE: MUST be full body. Her hair turns a super light shade of blue (for digital users, the color code is #C6E2FF). Her hair is pretty difficult to describe in words, so here are some pictures that I drew up. (front, side view To see how to draw the curls, look at the curls in the Cure Trump post). Her eyes also turn a light blue color.

Royal's dress is fairly simple. It's a combination of this image (top) and this image (skirt), with a white and blue color scheme. On her hips, she's got two dark blue bows, one on the left, one on the right. Like Cure Trump, she also has a bow on her chest, which is similar to the one used in the first image, but light blue in color. However, instead of a blue heart, she has a blue Spade.

She has long, white arm warmers that look like (arm sleeve thing). Again, I say these are white, and don't have the yellow hue in the image used. Instead of the blue butterfly, she's got a dark blue spade.

For her boots, she's got pure white fold over booties that look like this (booties 1 booties 2 booties 3). They do have heels as well, like the first image.

I really hope this isn't too tedious, and I understand I'm asking for a lot. I hope the images help you a bit. They're what I use when I think about what I picture her looking like in my head. I so wish I could have more of my hand drawn art. Unfortunately, all I'm good for are head shots. I hope the ones I provided are decent enough to go off of. And most importantly, I hope I made sense. But if you have any questions at all, please, please, please ask me! Good luck! biggrin

Honorable Mention: Dappy Dandy 10th Gen.

Also all participants who don't land in these categories will be rewarded for their efforts.

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
♣ Hattori Madoka / Cure Straight ♣

♣ Madoka is the sporty tomboy of the group, and is on the school's basketball team. She's passionate about life, and fitness, though she's a bit slower to grasp concepts. She's not reserved like Audrey, but she's not outgoing like Kichi. She's a happy medium for the two girls. Her hair a dark green and reaches to about her chin, cut evenly all around. She's got green eyes, and is mostly seen sporting a tank top when she's not wearing her school uniform.

♣ Her partner is Keroro, and he helps Madoka transform into Cure Straight, the Warrior of Clubs. NOTE: MUST be full body. In this form, her hair lengthens and curls up into a bun that looks like this from the side: (Tetra from LoZ and my drawing). Hair color turns to a neon green color (digital art users, the color code is #42FF42), and the ribbon (as seen in my image) a darker green color. Her eyes turn a light green as well.

Her torso is inspired by this (top), though you don't have to follow it completely. The colors are varying shades of green, from neon green, to dark green. Her skirt looks like this: (skirt), but again, you don't have to follow it completely. She won't have the heart on her belt, however, and the cellphone pouch would be gone as well. Again, color scheme is the varying shades of green, neon green to dark green. Like the girls before her, she too has a bow in the center of her chest. It is a light shade of green, with a dark green club on the knot.

Her arms have a design similar to this (arm sleeve thing). Again, green, neon green, dark green are to be used as colors, and she has green clubs on the backs of her hands.

Boots are something similar to this image (boots). Again, this is just inspiration, nothing you have to stick by. Usual color scheme agin, and try and fit the club somewhere on the boots, if at all possible.

Honorable Mention: Chrysanthemum Empress & Princess Kaguya

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
♦ Oshiro Yui / Cure Poker ♦

♦ Yui is the final group member. She's actually from the Land of Cards, the world that the Pretty Cure warriors have to protect. She doesn't have much of an understanding of the Human world. It also doesn't help that she lost her memory as Cure Poker either. But don't worry, she does regain her memories of her past. She's interested in games that involve strategy, and finds her way to the Chess Club at school. In his human form, she's got shoulder length grey/black hair that is always worn down with a single white diamond pin that holds her bangs back. Her eyes are a burgundy color. Her hair turns pure white after she transforms.

♦ With the help of her partner, Chula, Yui is able to revert to her natural self, Cure Poker, the White Warrior or the Warrior of Diamonds. NOTE: MUST be full body. In this state, her hair is pulled up into a side pony tail on the left side of her head (my drawing/The bow has two layers: on a solid grey color, and a silvery sheer on the top. To see how to draw the curl, look at the curls in the Cure Trump post) and turns from the grey/black color to pure white. Her burgundy eyes turn to a pale pink color.

Her torso features two straps over her shoulders, and two going around her shoulders, with frills extending from the straps that go around her shoulders (top). The bow for her is an almost white pink color, with a light grey diamond resting on the knot. Her skirt separates into six, petal shaped sections. A better way for me to explain that is if you were looking at her from a bird's eye view, it would look like a fairly simple flower, with only six petals; three in the front, three in the back. And there are layers of frill underneath that skirt. She also has a large bow on the back of her skirt, the laces of which reach about her knees. It is also almost white pink, and is transparent.

Her arm warmers are pure white, with a light grey boarder around her hands, and at the end, which are about mid arm. There's a light pink band running from the grey boarder to grey boarder. And on the back of her hand is a white diamond (arm sleeve thing).

Her boots are fairly simple. Skin tight, knee high boots with a simple light pink, diamond pattern going from the top of her boots, to the tips of her toes. These boots have heels as well.

Despite Cure Poker having pink accents, her "main" color is white, hence her name "The White Warrior."

Honorable Mention: Whip of Ice

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Submissions:

♥ Abe Kichi / Cure Trump ♥

1. cordiel
2. Licensed
3. PrussianKiwi

â™  Shinohara Audrey / Cure Royal â™ 

1. fandralism
2. Licensed
3. PrussianKiwi

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Submissions:

♣ Hattori Madoka / Cure Straight ♣

1. Licensed
2. Extra-Fancy Snow
3. DarkOverlord Gabriel-Sama
4. PrussianKiwi

♦ Oshiro Yui / Cure Poker ♦

1. Miluna Vixen
2. Licensed
3. Extra-Fancy Snow
4. PrussianKiwi

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Okay! I think I've done all I need to! So I'm officially open!!

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Sparkly Poster

8,550 Points