I want it all

I want it all, and I want it now. 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Das Tor's Significant Otter

Shadowy Celebrant

Begins: Now
Ends: October 24 2014 at 12:01pm

Hello, friends and people I don't know but probably ought to. I'm your host NovaCracker and this is, as you can guess without any effort, an art contest. Right here you'll find four lovely ladies in need of some art, and plenty of opportunities to win some gold doing it, because you're worth it. (And they are TBH)

Shadowy Celebrant

Rules

idea Don't claim someone else's art as yours.
idea Art need not be digital or two dimensional. you can make it out of food, sculpey, traditional media, ETC. I also accept Audio Entries.
idea You cannot win first place in two categories (Overall and a character, two character first places, ETC), but you MAY win first in a category, and a character pick (So you can win Albert's Pick and Second place, ETC). This is to spread ou prizes to more people.
idea Don't be a d**k.
idea Keep it all PG-13 and tasteful.
idea When entering, just Quote me! I'm not using a form, although if you have a picture that's double Gaia's 500x500 sig limit, and it isn't on DevArt or someplace, please use spoiler tags.
idea I may add categories with a prize during judging depending on the types of entries (Best 3D, ETC) so use any medium, seriously. Enjoy yourself.
idea Use any outfit you like. Styles are just so you can get an idea of where to get ideas.

Shadowy Celebrant

Prizes!

Global
The overall prizes. These are set in stone and lsack tiers, unlike the Character Classes, but more prizes may be awarded after judging in case someone derps.

First Place: 2B Pure, November 09 Letter
Best in show. It's you. You win the World Cup or something.

Second Prize: 1B Pure
Hey look, You get more than a gold star!

Third place: 500M
Still pretty good since this is global amirite?

Cookie's Choice: 250M
Cookie thinks what you made is worth noting. And Cookie loves EVERYBODY.

Wren
Emily Wren's prizes are TIER ONE of THREE. Tier two unlocks at FOUR entries. Tier 3 Unlocks at SIX.

Best Wren: 250M
I like you. Have Golden Cookies

Albert's Pick: Pepper the Cat
Wren's Daddy would probably keep this in his wallet.

Nichola's Pick
Wren's twin probably would agree with this picture existing!

Boyfriend's Pick
Wren's boys like this . They like this long time.

Dell
Dell's prizes are TIER ONE of THREE. Tier two unlocks at FOUR entries. Tier 3 Unlocks at SIX.

Best Dell: 250M
SO. GIRLY. HNNNGGGH.

Maeve's Pick: Soft Sugarlace
Maeve actually likes this photo. GOOD JOB IMPRESSING THE PICKY LADY.

Rockwell and Cale's Pick
YOU HAVE THE APPROVAL FROM THE PUPPIES. Have a thing.

Broderick's Pick
And now the Kitten's Stamp of approval. Good job, you evaded a meeting with Battle Kitten.

Kestrel
Kestrel's prizes are TIER ONE of THREE. Tier two unlocks at FOUR entries. Tier 3 Unlocks at SIX.

Best Kes: 250M
Kes probably took this to her husband.

Blues' Pick: Chill DJ
Kes' husband appreciates your hard work, and the fact you didn't try ******** with her head.

Dirk and Rolal's Pick
This is either Ironic or Rolal finds it entertaining. Regardless Kes' best friend and his cousin approve.

Joey's Pick
Joey would prefer this to Kes doing stupid. Again.

Sami
Sami's prizes are TIER ONE of THREE. Tier two unlocks at FOUR entries. Tier 3 Unlocks at SIX.

Best Sami: 250M
This snuck in here didn't it.

Forte's Pick: Photon Riser
Sami's boyfriend isn't going to kill you for this picture. Hooray!

Rocky's Pick
This is Rocky's favorite picture!

Strawberry's Pick
This makes Strawberry feel a little less like s**t.

Jessie
Jessie's prizes are TIER ONE of THREE. Tier two unlocks at FOUR entries. Tier 3 Unlocks at SIX.

Best Jessie: 250M
Oh, look, Jessie isn't pissed off. Good job!

Vava's Pick: Dark Chocolate
The momento taped inside a ride armor.

Sentinel's Pick
Jessie's buddy approved this picture.

X's's Pick
For when Jessie isn't being a p***k.

Shadowy Celebrant

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Emily Wren Wily

If you think that you can run
If you think that you can stand
You forgot who turned this city on
You forgot who plugged this city in!

Age: ******** old, around 21 or so. Usually, this is moot.

Preferred fashions: Besides armor, suits in gray, blues, and tomboy things. She's as fan of Loki, Spock, and so forth and will not hesitate to wear a tee and jeans, or a white shirt under a leather jacket and jeans with boots.

Background: Going by Wren, she's her father's second eldest baby after her older brother, along with hjer twin. Born into a future huge family, since her eldest brother refutes being any form of hjeir, Wren has taken the mantle of family heiress, and tries doing her best. Traditionally she had poor relations with her grandparents, and if often a bridge between humans and technology. Wren is quite skilled as a fighter and highly possessive of people she casres for. She's often been attacked and harmed in the past for connections of her surname, as she is of the Wily lineage, although more and more she's gotten a strength respected by her peers and the woman is inclined to assist diplomatically - or in battle.

Personality: Wren is often high strung, enegetic, and fairly hyper vwhen given molasses or honey, although she favors molasses and sushi (not together), as well as bacon. She's fairly sweet, and desite many children herself, Wren has a weak maternal instinct and isn't so great at doing more than advising and comforting and play. Great babysitter, but terrible parent. She's fairly unforgiving of her opponents, and ruthless in battle, but unafraid to judge on interaction and read into situation first. Her ties to Maverick hunter make her a powerful ally, although she can go quite mad herself and turn into a berserker. At this point she's usually calmed by one of her three boys, being polyamorous. Wren does enjoy alcohol, and has a habit of plucking gray hairs.

Shadowy Celebrant

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you

Dell Stratton

Preferred fashions: Practical Girly. Dekll loves jeans and pink and ruffles, but since she can't often wear dresses or skirts, she dolls up in as much pink as possible. Keeps her hair loose or tied back, and owns a long haired grumpy pale golden tabby from her Dad they found wandering the street when she was little, named SuperSonic Top Cat, or Super. Super is old, and probably going to live a lot longer, and generally drapes about her shoulders. Dell also wears trtansition glasses for poor vision.

Background: Dell was born an identical twein with her sibling being male and since birth, they were close at all times, along with her brother's best friend. Although good natured, Dell's twin disappeared to kidnappers one day, and Dell began to learn to protect herself with her father and her remaining brother. When her brother was found, they were both converted to gynoid and android machines by seperate people to extend their lifespansd - Dell by her fasmily, her twin by people planning to abnuse him, and being twins, being seperated so long as machines nearly killed both of them. Dell since met a nice boy named Li, of Chinese-Loation descent, and Erik, a rebuilt Magnetman, along with a boy named Charles. Like her cousin Emily Wren, Dell is polyamorous, as is her twin with his vtwo ladies, and Dell often gives her cousin Wren a gentle hard time. Independantly, Dell is friends with a woman named Maeve Fujiwara, and the twins Rock and Caleb, whom are oddly the only two who can calm her from a rage and she offers them the same pacification.

Personality: Dell is closest to her mother, who never married her father, instead marrying her stepfather. She has a half brother she likes named Josiah, but isn't close to, and she herself is very feisty. Dell is also very attentive, calculating, and prone to listen to intuition. When she's not in a relaxed area, she's very focused and skilled at fighting, but in a relaxed enviuronment she's good natured and cheery. When fgrightened, she responds with violent self edefense and often feels safer with her family nearby. Dell has two children and is, in fact, surprisingly loving and motherly with them, although Dell often worries about her parenting ability.

Shadowy Celebrant

You've been
Thunderstruck!

Kestrel DeLacey

Preferred fashions: Cyberpunk, especially black with neon blue highlights. She's not fond of many dresses in the lolita fashion, preferring patterned pants, and she adores PVC, however, she will wear other colors as accents, except yellow. Kes keeps the bangs and some oiver-ear hair dyed as neon a blue as possible at all times. It makes her pleased.

Background: Kes was born in a society where happiness was forced on a man, and growing up was difficult - Kes dealt with learning illegal information about art history and living and clung close to her brother, Joey. Often the girl was put in therapy for her 'odd' behaviour, eventually finding happiness in spending time with her older brother, especially after her mother miscarried her younger brother, and turned into an artist and local DJ. During her stunt as a DJ, Kes met Blues, her future boyfriend, who helped her and her best friend Heather escape the confines of their slowly crumbling lives to get to a safer - in a way - situation. Freed, Kes turned to beginning to try building her relationshgip with Blues, improving her relationship with Heather, and spending time with her older brother. Kes since married Blues although not terribly publicly, as his father happens to be responsible for the dystopia they grew up in.

Personality:
Kes has plenty of flair and energy, and will often show off as much as she can. She's largely unafraid of many things, although bright strobe lights will give her severe migraines. She's very affectionate to her loved ones and while her father is gone, Kessy is highly attatched to her mother, An, and brother, Joey, as well as her husband and best friend. Kes often doesn't think, making her husband the thinker of the pair, and more grounded party, although Kes has the skill for public speech and a healthy interest in fireworks. Kes has Synthesia, and 'sees' her emotions - love for kin is like a safe fire around with a snuggly blanket, passion or romantic love is much like a ring of fire; betrayal and hurt is ice in her chest and depression is a dark thick ocean with 'piranhas' nibbling , ETC. Kes is imperfect and doesn't always care for herself, although it is worth noting she's highly careful of caring for others. Kes owns a Ducati from Joey, and does eventually want a child or two, and enjoys gothic rock, gothic punk, gothic industrial, Retrowave,, Techno, Trance, and Electronica.

Shadowy Celebrant

I got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay

Samantha Light
Preferred fashions: Purple and black. Sami favors practical clothing to skirts or dresses, and usually wears a purple scarf. Working best in infiltration situations and melee combat, Sami owns a diamond-edged katana (Do you like my sword, sword) and is usually armed, even in civvy clothing. Most outfits over both full mobility and hugh very tightly to her body. Her battle design leans more towards a purple bodysuit, black belt, black boots and gloves - all dark for infiltration. Being a gynoid (Female android), Sami is built to be effective. As a machine with free will and emotion, Sami takes pride in protecting and serving the population.

Background: Sami's cognative chip was rescued from a machine murdered in the past to try saving hyer, and when she came online, she was, mostly, a new person with traces of the dead whispering across it. Kidnapped early, she was turned against her triplet models of sorts, and let loose. Sami managed not to go berserk and began stalking her younger brother, managing to repress her programming until she was helped. Since, she's grown quite close to her brothers, and now her younger siblings, nicknamed warmly as Strawberry and Blueberry. Sami managed to enter a permanent relationship, and is planning on constructing a child with her permanent boyfriend,. Since her programming was corrected, Sami was moved from commanding her own Maverick Hunting unit to the 0th Elite Maverick Hunting Unit with her Second in Command Jessie, and the pair since have been put on leave to sort out their lives and adjust to working under Commander Zero. So far, Sami has done quite well.

Personality: Sami once commanded the Hunter Unit many considered borderline incapable of function in normal society, wehich calmed her significantly. She actually cared a lot for her unit, hiding it under a vaneer of biting sarcasm. The least damaged was their Navigator, added for their safety, where her second was one of the most violent, however, also most capable of normal function after Sami, or Samantha, and their navigator Kayla. Sami is calm, well informed, and capable of split decisions and sdilence on-duty, as well as highly knowledgeablev of both up-front matters, and how to bypass rules and regulations for the betterment of others. She can even be playful off-duty and significantly flirty with her permanent boyufriend/significant other, and is somewhat warm and affectionate. She's unafraid of helping others and will often offer her help to those in distress, serving as a friendly warm point for many. Although young, she is fine offering insight, altyhough it does tend to end in her getting drunk after to avoid calling people on their stupidity.

Shadowy Celebrant

So light 'em up, up, up,
Light 'em up, up, up
Light 'em up, up, up
I'm on fire!

Jessie

Preferred fashions: Black, red, purple, and golds. Jessie doesn't like feeling exposed and deressed as covered as possible, hiding her figure as best she can. She's fairly skinny under all the layers since she has a high metabolism coupled with plenty of activity. Jessie usually carries 3-5 weapons on her at all times.

Background: Jessie wasn't intended to be born legally, instead created experimenting with mixing human genetics with machinery, resulting in an illeghal half-breed with a mechanical father, Vile. While still a baby, at most 2-3, she was left for the first Maverick uprisding in state care hidden as a normal human being and ended up found and analysed often by Mavericks attacking humans and finding her higher durtability a curiousity before hjer mere existance became a curiosity. She assumed her parents died as Hunters - at 16 Vile came to claim his creation as his offspring and kidnapped her, flipping her world upside down. She wasn't recovered until the war in Dopplertown, where Jessie ended up partnering with a copy of the Limited and with a sleeper agent of the Virus in Dopplertown infecting her Maverick side thuroughly. Despite astounding efforts, Jessie's life was wrecked upon returning home. Her foster family, leartning what she was threw her out and called her a monster; and Jessie was forced into state care with extremely low placement luck, somehow scrimping out high school. After graduating, she enlisted in the Maverick Hunter, and the virus completely activated, pulling her from a lost, depressed haze of loneliness into a violent, angry berserker. She spent several years attacking Mavericks to sate her bloodlust, often in violent, creative ways, and often using the Limited that stuck around for entertainment value and possibly companionship, often hiding as an oil slick. Jessie proved a weapons expert, asnd it wasn't until Vile returned after the 8th war after being found with free will inhibitors in a reploid slave ring that Jessie began to get any hope of calming. Vile was disinfected and the inhibitors removed, and he promptly moved in to attend the incomplete codes and systems left in his child, who at the point he returned, rasrely calmed down long. Close to this time Jessie was also transferred to the 0th with her commanding officer Sami, and she began to be able to recover, Sami's brother Alex identifying her as infected and removing the virus, fleaving a very lost, very alarmed hybrid clinging to her father and the people she knows.

Personality: Although hot-headed and highly aggressive, Jessie is intellegent as well, if but sadomasochistic in battle. She's rather fond of her father, but less so many other, considering herself a monster of two friends. Still, she enjoys the chaos of a fight, and often tries repressing other emotions, especially a desperate, strong desire to cuddle and be loved by others, feeling weak for feeling such a way at all. Snarky and often biting and insensitive, Jessie is a bit on the chaotic neutral end of things.

Shadowy Celebrant

FAQ

Can I enter more than once?
Yes. God yes.

Can I get an extension?
Yes, but when requesting one, please submit the WIP. If you do not post completed work by the end of your extension, your piece will be judged based on the WIP.

Can I draw Couples/Multiples/Characters interacting?
Yeah, of couse. I'll try to at least do a Dollmaker'd version of anyone as I can, or when I get one, or find art if it exists. If you wanna add someone just shoot a post in and I'll link something, since not all of my stuff is readily there.

Does the flavor text lyics mean anything?
A LITTLE if only to give an idea of a song that could fit the character. Inspiration~

Who's judging?
Me, Das Tor, Redbud-Tree, and Kara Komate. Since usually their characters are who plays with most of them (Except Wren the little slutpuppy), getting references usually has at maximum a 12 hour turnaround. Depends on who did reference using what and who's MAKING references.

Can my art be unfinished or lineart or black and white?
YES. Sketches, comics, color, black and white, line art - all of it's fine. Art is art is art. Forv all I care you can create as simple as a pencil doodle and as complex as a large cake (I might weep) or kitbash an action figure or model (Do you want to send me this is you do I might scream if you made this). I'm not picky about what you create as long as you create. And yes, this means you can even render in 3D. If you can make it, enter it. Just note if it's a WIP or just an entry plx.

I own a shop in the BC, may I enter a pet based on your charqacter?
Yes, provided you will home it to me regardless since the characters are generally my designs and concepts and I'd prefer they not go into the Wild, and you;'d want to let me know the level of edits on templated pets. If enough pets are entered, which I doubt will happen, I'll open a category with a pet award on par with the 'Pick' and Best in Character classes.

May I use non-digital media?
Yep. Traditional media is accepted - paints, colored pencil, watercolor pencil, pastels, markers, ETC are all welcome. You may also enter food or beverage based entries, provided to post the recepe and WIP images (One minimum) along with a photo including your username. I'd love to see my characters represented in abnormal media. Mixed Drinks may be alcoholic but Non-alcoholic is strongly recommended since Gaia is PG-13.

Can I draw an AU?
WHAT'S THAT YOU SAID AU WHERE WHERE I LOVE AUs. AUs are fine! Just don't make characters entirely unrecognizeable. You can also do what-ifs or generally d**k around however you please.

So I herd u saved a space space. Mini Contests perhaps?
Mmmnnnnnnn maybe. It depends on if I have gold or items and can think of one for a time period. Those would be able to handled seperately, beyond still being allowed to qualify for actual prizes. Fellow judges might also ask for a Mini Contest. So maybe. MAAAAYBE.

This is an unhealthy number of characters with a primary universe set.
Your face is an unhealthy number set in a primary universe set. Don't sweat the clothes. Play a little. Have fun.

You're kind of foul-mouthed.
i'm the foulmouth with a lot of gold and items being offered for prizes. Plus i'm only strict with rules.

Shadowy Celebrant

Entries

Emily

Lady Kariel - [ * ]

Shadowy Celebrant

Shadowy Celebrant

Shadowy Celebrant

*Rolls about*