Maybe, if I have time. 0.42 42.0% [ 21 ]
Yes! 0.14 14.0% [ 7 ]
Poll whore option 0.28 28.0% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 50 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 > >>

Distinct Informer

User Image

Hello, thanks for stopping by!

Currently still adding characters and categories, and adding in info as I go. Please feel free to pm or post comments/questions/concerns.

**March 7, 2014
Hey, Chogori here. I'm feeling a bit confused as to the low amount of entries so far for this contest. Is there something you artists out there are feeling 'put off' about this contest? Would confirmation from a moderator that I do indeed have the amount of gold advertised help? Do you feel like you need more information about the characters? Please give me feedback, either via pm, or post in the thread. I want this to be a successful art contest, and in order to do that, I need artists!**

User Image

Starts
'officially' January 1st, 2014
Ends:
July 31st 2014 (tentatively)

User Image

News:

User Image
March 3- The Monthly Contest has been extended to march 25 due to lack of entries.
Jan 26- New Monthly contest, check it out!
Jan 15- Added the entry form, and a settings/scenery post is being worked on. Enter the monthly contest!!

User Image

This contest is being hosted mainly by Chogori. Sexy no Jitsu is co-hostess.

User Image

Table of Contents

1. You are here.
2.. Rules/Guidelines and FAQ
3. The Prizes!
4. Monthly Contest
5. Chogori's Characters
6. Jitsu's Characters
7. List of Character relationships
8. reserved
9. reserved
10. reserved
11. Judging Criteria
12. Entry Form
13. Entries Received
14. Link Exchange

And just for reference.....

User Image

All entries to date may be viewed here: Art Contest PB
**I do my best to add submission dates, names of artists, and characters into the descriptions.

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Please read all of these before continuing!

1. The TOS. Follow it.
2. No art theft! This should be a given, but still needs to be said. Art theft also includes tracing, and 'Heavy Referencing' - such as directly copying a pose or hairstyle from another piece of artwork.
3. Do not criticize or berate anyone else's work.
4. Don't be a bad sport if you don't win. Going along with this, don't criticize the judge's choices.
5. You are not guaranteed to win.
6. You may submit as many entries as you want, but you may only win one prize (monthly theme contests are exempt from this)
7. You MUST choose one of the characters from the character list. Anything else, such as avatar art, will be accepted as 'gift art'
8. You MUST use the entry form.
9. All entries must be created specifically for this contest. You may not enter a piece just because it looks similar to a character description here.
10. We reserve the right to combine/remove categories if there are not enough entries. We will try to give as much notice as possible if it appears this may happen.
11. Follow any and all additional rules for each category.
12. All work must be PG-13

**I reserve the right to add/edit rules as situations arise, since there's a very good chance I forgot stuff.

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Categories are still being added. If a category doesn't have a prize listed, it means I haven't decided on it yet.
All prizes are subject to rise.

User Image

Main/Overall Prizes

First place:
400 million

Second Place:
200 million

Third Place:
100 million

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Category Prizes
Each of these must receive at least 5 entries. If they don't, they will be combined with another category.

xxxxxxxxxxxxBest Couple (does not have to be romantic Can be friendship as well.): 50 million Please see the list of approved couples/types post
xxxxxxxxxxxxBest Chibi:20 million
xxxxxxxxxxxxBest Background/scenery: 20 million
xxxxxxxxxxxxBest Romance:25 million (Again, see list of eligible couples next to character bios)
xxxxxxxxxxxxMost Detailed: 50 million
xxxxxxxxxxxxBest Original Outfit: 10 million
xxxxxxxxxxxxBest 'Emotional': 40 million

User Image

Character based prizes
**There must be at least 10 entries, by 10 different artists for each character. If there are not enough entries, the prize will be lowered proportionately. (i.e. 5 Lunel entries would = 10mil prize)

Best Lunel: 20 million
Best Maynard: 15 million
Best Ellie: 10 million
Best Mud: 15 million
Best Dakkon: 5 million
Best Charlie: 3 million
Best Isaac: 3 million

Best Adrian: 15 million
Best Izzy: 15 million
Best Skylar: 10 million
Best Dravik: 10 million

User Image

Honorable Mentions
There will be several honorable mention prizes being given out, of 1-5 million each. How many depends on the quality and quantity of entries received.

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Every month, there will be a specially themed 'mini contest' for that month. It'll start on the first of the month, and the deadline will be the 25th of the month.
On the 25th, entries will close, and Chogori and Sexy no Jitsu will each pick a favorite entry, and those two winners will each receive 2 sealed letters of the corresponding month.

Unless otherwise mentioned, if the entry meets all the criteria for the grand prize, then it is eligible to win both the monthly contest, and an overall prize at the end.

We will require at least five entries, with effort but into them. If not enough entries are received by the end of the contest then it will only be one letter.

User Image

June theme: Formal!

Dress our characters up for a night out on the town! Suites, dresses, even a semi formal look is good!

~*~

March Theme: Embarrass our characters!

We love to poke fun at our characters! This is a play on the mundane category but it goes even further. Lunel in a dress, Adrian trying to dress up as a pretty fem boy. Anything you can put your mind to!

No entries received!

February Theme: The Mundane

None of the characters featured for this contest is 'quite human', and they have extraordinary abilities.
For this month's theme, Draw one of them in some sort of action or pose that is very mundane,and human. Something that's part of an average daily routine, boring, ordinary, etc.

Think of something you do every day that you don't even think about. Putting on/tying shoes, brushing your teeth, grocery shopping, cleaning, drinking a cup of coffee, anything that comes to your mind.
This is a very good opportunity for some humor! (And perhaps we just have an odd sense of humor, but picturing a vampire brushing their teeth gives us the giggles. And Chogori definitely did not just picture Adrian wearing an apron and cooking breakfast.)

Entries for this contest:
Username: Lilith Ravensword
Character(s) in this entry: Lunel
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Computer
Title (optional): Lunel ~ Does Laundry
Link (URL link please, no image tags): Lunel Does Laundry
Other: Monthly Contest - February - The Mundane

Username:Bamboo Puff
Title (optional):
Link :xxx
Other: February contest - The Mundane <--- does smoking count as mundane? emotion_kirakira

Username: Epitombat
Character(s) in this entry: Ellie
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): computer/CS
Title (optional): Good Clean Magic
Link (URL link please, no image tags): Linkylinky
Sig-Friendly Link (optional):
Other: Who says you can't sup coffee, do the hoovering and tidy up all at the same time? Multitaking's wear it's at!

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Lunel:

User ImageLunel:
I have more Lunel art than anyone else combined xD;; She is my oldest oc, and though shes really not all that interesting or original, I still love her.
Favorite Pieces of Lunel art:
x- Perfect Facial expression
x- another one that captures her personality well.
x- I loved the vector style/pose

Character Name:Lunel

Appearance:
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Light auburn colored, long- falls about halfway down her back, It has a gentle curl at the ends- often tied up into a messy sort of bun.
Overall Looks:
Stands at just over 5 feet, and a little too skinny. The kind of skinny that if you saw on the street, you would try and feed her a sandwich. Pale skin. She has feathery angel-type wings, mostly white, with some gray mixed in (think along the lines of a juvenile swan).
Outfits: clothing ideas here!
Personality:
She's definitely not the easiest person to get along with. Lunel is disdainful, rude, and a chain smoker. She is very reclusive, and trusts only a handful of people, and is prone to 'tantrums'.
People/Characters Comparable to:
Dr. House
Theme Songs:
Misunderstood- Better than Ezra
Monster Hospital- Metric

Ellie:

Ellie:User Image

Character Name:Ellie

Appearance:
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dirty blond, with a spiky pixie style cut
Overall Looks:
She's average height/weight. Not 'fat' but has no problems with large quantities of beer and pizza on the weekends either.
Outfits:
Ellie style clothes can be found here
On a normal day, her clothes generally consist of some novelty t shirt and jeans.

But when it comes to the club scene; dressing is an art form. Huge belts, vests, layers, punk, semi-goth, steampunk....She likes to go over the top.
Personality:
Ellie is a college student, who is usually high on caffeine, or at least she acts like she is. But not annoyingly so. She just seems to exude energy. Not overly happy, just energetic. She has a tendency to 'tell it like it is', but tries to avoid being rude or confrontational about it. She isn't afraid to express her opinion, and is really good at coming up with strange but fitting analogies when she is trying to describe something.

Ellie is a human mage in a modern type setting. She is mostly self taught, and what she taught herself is most often inspired by movies and cliches. Think Sorcerer's Apprentice. She likes to experiment and can be very creative with her magic. Though she did try to make a flying broom once. Its a work in progress.
Felicia Day
Theme Songs:
Fasten Your Seatbelt- Pendulum
Mutiny- Pendulum
TGIF- Katy Perry

Maynard:

Character Name:Maynard

Appearance:
I have no art of him yet.
this Is probably the closest image ref I can find of him.
Very similar, only hair that doesn't flip out at the ends so much. and his chin is not a triangle Glasses and frowny face are also things Maynard does though.
Eyes: Pale Grey
Hair: Hair as noted above, color somewhere in between the two colors of the different pictures
Overall Looks:
Less pale skinned than that ref. He has an average Caucasian skin tone.
Like Lunel, Maynard has wings. They are the feathery style angel wings, white, but shaded with more gold tones than gray tones? Idk how to explain this D: (Like how the gaia Michael's wings is shaded with gray, and archangels is shaded with blue? His would be shaded with a yellow/gold color.
Outfits:
Definitely no sloppiness with his clothes! some basic ideas can be found here
Personality:
*He tends to be pretty cocky- also very charismatic.
*I picture him pushing his glasses up further on the bridge of his nose a lot. (He is almost entirely blind, people don't realize how bad his vision actually is because he's learned to compensate for it)
*He speaks with a faked British accent.
**I would imagine he walks and carries himself similar to Dean Winchester from Supernatural
**Talks/says things kinda like Tony Stark (Iron Man)- that 'easy arrogance', maybe with some Crowley from Supernatural thrown in. (before Crowley got lame.)
Theme Songs:
Go it Alone by Beck
Modern Guilt by Beck

Mud:

Character Name:Mud

Appearance:

Eyes: Mud very bright blue eyes (again, proportionally large to her head, like the guild wars 2 asura race) but 99% of the time, she is wearing reflective steampunk-esque goggles. I want them to be full of buttons and switches and gears and things. The more ridiculous detail the better!
Hair:
Short, messy and spiky tufts of dark maroon hair. very crazy looking!
Overall Looks:
Mud is a goblin, standing at around 3.5 feet tall. She has a grayish green skin tone, and huge ears. For a better visual reference, look up the Asura race from Guild Wars 2, their movements and proportions are pretty much how I picture her to look.
Outfits:
Steampunk it up. Again, crazy details with oversized gloves and boots, with belts and buckles and gadget-y things!
Personality:
Mud is a klepto, little maniac thing, She has tons of energy, and a big grin. She doesn't get discouraged easily, and has zero brain to mouth filter capabilities. Secretly pretty bad a**.
**If you've ever read the Dragonlance novels, think about typical Kender characteristics.
Rainbow Dash from MLP

Theme Songs:
Clap- Wolfgang Gartner
Fire Power- Wolfgang Gartner
Where did the Party Go- Fallout Boy
Lex- Ratatat

Charlie:

Isaac:

Dakkon:

Character Name:Dakkon

Appearance:
Eyes:dark blue
Hair: Black, peppered with gray
Overall Looks:
Outfits:VERY basic stuff here
Personality:
Christian Bale's character in American Psycho
Theme Songs:

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Character Name: Adrian

Appearance:
Eyes:Grey
Hair: Black and in an overall style like this one Adrian's hair Black and in an overall style like this one
Overall Looks:6'2'', a bit more on the muscular side but doesn't flaunt it. Broader shoulders,6'2'', a bit more on the muscular side but doesn't flaunt it. Broader shoulders. Sharper angled facial features.
Outfits:Black button up with sleeves rolled up to right below the elbow. Jeans with a pair of worn combat boots.
Personality:Loyal, protective, usually a bit dense when it comes to dry humor or can play it right back if he catches on. Tends to be serious, more of a worrier.
Theme Songs: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/adema/dowhatyouwanttodo.html

Character Name: Izzy

Appearance:
Eyes: Green, almost a foresty shade.
Hair: Mid back/shoulder blade length dreads that are usually in pigtails general "up" do, turquoise colored. Bangs are natural, straightened and side swept.
Overall Looks:
Outfits: Corsets. Always wears a corset, usually black. Dark blue skinny jeans tucked into knee length boots.
Personality: Bubbly and flirty with people that come into work. She's usually in a good mood and enjoys talking with people, liking to hear stories from everyone. She's more relaxed with her style, not as elaborate.
People/Characters Comparable to: This without all the cyber goth elements, dreads and make up are the basic theme but she doesn't pluck her eyebrows.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Theme Songs:

Character Name: Skylar

Appearance:
Eyes: Same green as Izzy's
Hair: Shock white, snow white, etc. Usually in a short pony tail, shoulder length otherwise. Think Edward Elric without the braid and fluffy bangs. Has more fly aways. Sample of his hair
Overall Looks:
Outfits: Punky. Band shirts or skull themes, snugger fitting with a black long sleeve underneath. Thumbs shoved through the cuff. Black jeans and combat boots.
Personality: Sarcastic, witty, dry humor. He's not serious at all and tends to be a bit of a slacker. Likes to get in trouble without realizing it. Teases Ellie a lot.
Theme Songs:

Character Name:Dravik

Appearance:
Eyes: Garnet red
Hair: Lower back length, ponytail with a strip of leather holding it back usually. Black.
Overall Looks:
He's unnaturally tall. 7'. He is meant to be imposing on any one around him. He screams magic, strength, and a general "Do not mess with me" aura. Broad shouldered and strong.
Outfits: Dated, simplistic Victorian era clothing usually. Though there are people that try to get him to dress gothic, which generally is hilarious. Not too picky with this, jeans and a tshirt is a NONO.
Personality: Serious, distant. He doesn't grow attached to people easily, nor does he really have relationships with any of the other characters besides offering strategies for combat. People enjoy trying to make him uncomfortable.

You have my permission to PM me about character but all submissions have to be turned into the thread. I like a variety of styles and I highly enjoy putting Dravik in to awkward situations with the other characters.

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Lunel's Relationships

Maynard: platonic. They are cousins, and argue constantly, but Maynard is rather protective of her.

Dakkon: creepy twisted stalker romance? Dakkon is the main villain, and takes special pleasure in scaring the s**t out of Lunel. They were once betrothed, and Lunel did have feelings for him...before he went completely batshit crazy. Dakkon plays on this in his mind games with her.

Ellie: platonic. Lunel doesn't always have the patience for Ellie's antics, but does see that she is always eager to learn, and can respect that...sometimes.

Mud: platonic. Mud is the closest thing Lunel has to a 'bff'.

User Image

Ellie's Relationships

Maynard: Maynard is fiercely protective of Ellie, even moreso than he is with Lunel. To a perceptive eye, there are also definite hints of Maynard having feelings for her....

Charlie: platonic. Charlie is Ellie's big (step)brother. They have a pretty close knit relationship.

Lunel: platonic. Lunel is a fount of knowledge of Interesting Things, and Ellie is immensely curious about her. She finds it hard to contain herself and not constantly bombard Lunel with random questions.

Skylar: possible romance?? Ellie and Skylar became friends, and go to school together. They argue and yell at each other, and one day a shouting match is probably going to end up with them making out.

User Image

Adrian's Relationships

Lunel: Platonic, protective. Almost big brother like with how he watches out for her. Relaxed, not nearly as much arguing as Maynard and Lunel.

Skylar: "Don't do that!" is said a lot, plays a fatherly role with him. Skylar tends to tease him for being too wound up over everything.

Izzy: Besties. Simply put. They talk, there has been hints of romantic feelings but most of it is set aside. They are protective of each other and keep one another out of trouble. Drinking buddies.

Maynard: They both scare a mutual "Keep Lunel from getting her butt killed" feeling.

Overall: He is decent to everyone except for Dakkon. He wants Dakkon deader than dead.

User Image

Skylar's Relationships

Izzy: Mom. She is usually keeping an eye out for him but if he gets too out of hand, she does not hesitate giving the smack down. They have a tough love sort of deal but they care about each other.

Lunel: Regards Skylar as a brat and kid, tend to bicker between each other over petty things but it's playful.

Ellie: Skylar has a secret crush on Ellie. They've managed to get in trouble together and go halfway across the nation before being dragged back home. They attend the same school, though they do not communicate as much at school. They do the same banter of teasing each other with sarcasm.

User Image

Izzy's Relationships

Adrian: Again, best friends. They have a lot of history. Adrian isn't interested in her any more but Izzy does still have a flame for it but doesn't show it. She's very blunt with him in all other aspects.

Sklyar: Tough love. She lets him get into his own problems and fix them, but she will hit him over the head and call him stupid once he did it. Skylar is her only child and it shows.

Lunel: She's blunt with her as well but offers a sisterly shoulder, letting her vent and listening to her when Lunel needs to chat about something to someone that won't get her jumped right away.

Distinct Informer

Settings/Imagery/Ideas

This post is for giving you a better idea of where characters hang out, what they do, and possible ideas.

The Club:
The club consists of a converted warehouse. Entrance is at the corner, straight ahead is the bar and that runs along a portion of the wall. Booths and tables scattered among it. Other side has private booths. Towards the center is a recessed dance floor with railings. There's a stage on the far back wall, speakers put in among the rafters. The "apartment" area is off to the side and completely sectioned off with magic, voiding out the noise from the club. It's like a small dorm along with larger rooms for the couples. Darkwave, industrial, rock, and some hints of techno are played usually. The bar is done out in blue lights.

It's a place that many different races come together as a safe place, giving it the name "Asylum" if people can remember the old terms for it. It tends to lean more towards the gothic/punk crowd, but all sort of people show up eventually.
Characters that chill here: Adrian, Izzy, Skylar, Ellie

The Apartment:
A spacious loft apartment, located above the club. More description coming soon.
Characters that chill here: Adrian, Izzy, Skylar, Ellie, Lunel, and on Occasion, Maynard.

Ideas for Chogori's characters:

Just a few random ideas that have popped in my head that I'd love to see in art form;
Lunel in a birdcage.- I saw an old bird cage at an antique shop, and just pictured her sitting on the perch like it was a swing, looking sad.

Maynard on a motorcycle-Maynard is my personal supply of fanservice to myself, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Something sexy with him and a spiffy motorcycle would be delicious.

Distinct Informer

Other Things:

User Image

Can't Draw? Not artistic?
That's okay. We still love you. Especially if you help spread the word about this contest, or are just cool in general.
If you know an artist, and they submit an entry, and mention that you referred them to this contest, there may be something in it for you! (This does NOT mean go into every art shop and link/harass/pester random artists.)

People who refer artists who enter, or maybe wouldn't mind putting our banner in their sigs from time to time, and even people who just want to hang out and make friendly conversation will be taken note of. Chogori and Jitsu both have stashes of letters and other shiny things for people that help spread the word, and are generally just cool peeps.
These cool people will be listed below.

White List: (People we love)

Distinct Informer

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Can I win more than one prize?
With the exception of monthly contests, no.

Is my monthly contest submission eligible to win a 'main' prize as well as the monthly prize?
If it fits the correct criteria, yes.

Does my submission have to be fullbody? I hate drawing fullbodies.
No, but your chances of winning are much, MUCH higher with a fullbody.

Oh god. Wings? Do I HAVE to draw the wings?
I would love to see lots of entries with Lunel, Dakkon, and Maynard with their wings, but no. There are plenty of situations where they aren't visible. Six appendages in a world designed for people with four isn't always practical.

Who gets the final say in who wins prizes?
With the exception of the prizes designated for Jitsu's characters, Chogori has final say.

Can I PM you a WIP asking for critiques?
yes! I LOVE wips!

Do I have to copy the outfits you have linked for characters?
No! Those are more like....guideline idea type things. You DO need to keep with the character's personality and overall appearance though.

Can I get an extension?
Probably not.

Can I submit more than one entry?
yes!

What qualifies for the 'Grand Prize'?
In order to qualify for the grand prize, the entry must contain At least one of the following characters; Lunel, Ellie, Maynard, or Dakkon. Feel free to ask questions about this if you are unsure.

Are you interested in RL commissions?
Yes and no. If you do a 'traditional' piece of one of Chogori's Characters, Chogori -may- be interested in purchasing the original. She will contact you if she is, but bear in mind, it won't be for much more than materials costs and shipping. Being a poor student FTL.

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Please post this in the thread. If it has not been quoted by the mule within 24 hours, pm it to Sexy no jitsu.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character(s) in this entry:[/b]
[b]Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc):[/b]
[b]Title (optional):[/b]
[b]Link (URL link please, no image tags):[/b]
[b]Sig-Friendly Link (optional):[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

**Please note under 'Other' if this submission is for the current monthly contest.**

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

Artist: GoldFish Sock
Maynard- p7

Username: GlitterlessDiamond
Media used : Computer
Title (optional): Meep
xx

Username: Onion Life
Media used: Watercolor
Title (optional): none
Link :xxx

Username: Lilith Ravensword
Title (optional): Lunel ~ Does Laundry
Link (URL link please, no image tags): Lunel Does Laundry
Other: Monthly Contest - February - The Mundane

Username: Trafalgarr
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Digital/Tablet
Title (optional): New Boots
Link (URL link please, no image tags):xxx
Other:

Username:Bamboo Puff
Title (optional):
Link (URL link please, no image tags): click heres
Other: February contest - The Mundane <--- does smoking count as mundane? emotion_kirakira

Username: Trafalgarr
Character(s) in this entry: Adrian
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Digital/tablet
Title (optional): Whatchu lookin at
Link (URL link please, no image tags): http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag257/greenteacactuar/oi7nmf_zps839d6855.jpg

Username: Epitombat
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): computer/CS
Title (optional): Good Clean Magic
Link (URL link please, no image tags): Linkylinky
Other: Who says you can't sup coffee, do the hoovering and tidy up all at the same time? Multitaking's wear it's at!

Username:Vedette IV
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Photoshop
Title (optional): Ellie
Link: Click
Sig-Friendly Link (optional): http://mollieong.tumblr.com/ & http://society6.com/mollieong

Username: Helina
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Traditional pencil and pen, colored in photoshop
Title (optional):
Link (URL link please, no image tags): [ xXx ]
Other: Goodluck and thank you!

Username: Helina
Character(s) in this entry: Izzy
Media used (pencil/computer/watercolor/etc): Traditional pen & pencil, colored in photoshop
Title (optional):
Link (URL link please, no image tags): [ xXx ]
Other: I hope you guys get some wonderful last minute entries!

Distinct Informer

User Image

User Image

(add stuff here that you want to do with the link exchange, but keep the text formatting n_u)

Link to us!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-contests/delay-the-dawn-an-art-contest-600m-in-prizes/t.89019723_1/][img]http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag257/greenteacactuar/thread%20graphics/linkout_zpsa289a930.png[/img][/url]

Distinct Informer

Outgoing links:

User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items