Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Prophet

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Heckler 50
Hi there! I'm very new to digital art and I don't know much about it. I have been using paint tool SAI
User Image
User Image

Tipsy Phantom

You're not too too bad! Just keep practicing. It seems like you're relying so much on the reference that the lines feel static and un-even. Practice anatomy and facial structure and keep playing with colors! You're on the right path!

Lonely Prophet

7,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Heckler 50
NeNe Leakes

Hmm, thank you I'll try to mess around with it a bit. I'm currently just drawing out all the pictures by hand then scanning them into my computer and tracing over them with linework tools...with a mouse. I hear people have like tablets or something but I'm just basically lost on this whole thing sweatdrop

Tipsy Phantom

II_Apple Kat_II
NeNe Leakes

Hmm, thank you I'll try to mess around with it a bit. I'm currently just drawing out all the pictures by hand then scanning them into my computer and tracing over them with linework tools...with a mouse. I hear people have like tablets or something but I'm just basically lost on this whole thing sweatdrop

yeah people have tablets but they are a bit of money depending on the ones you want. tracing is a fine way to learn just after a while, try eyeballing it and draw it how you see it. It's a better way to train your brain to learn its own style when it comes to art.
Don't worry about drawing digitally until you can get it on paper on your own first without tracing.
It's just a step by step process!

Partying Bloodsucker

17,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I think adding shading would really help the picture a lot by making it pop more. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff