Welcome to Gaia! ::

These are listed in most recent to least recent.
User Image

^I know the eyebrow on the right side should be hidden, I noticed it after the image was finished.

User Image

User Image

^I noticed the funky hair on the left side, it should have been pushed behind the face.

Sorry for the large file size. I am lazy and don't like to reduce the image once I am done.
1) It's a quick one, but it's not bad, it's mostly there. If hair is covering ear, I'd bring the hair forward just a bit more. Maybe define lower lip (esp. because there would be a shadow there). Nose bridge is a lil' wonky... much too curved, I feel. Don't understand her tiara being so flat (no roundness) and paper thin ... I'd probably give it a truer elliptical wraparound to her head... exaggeration and faking is fine, but it's too much here. Overall good, fast line quality.

2) A bit scratchy, unfortunately, but it looks promising. It looks more like a wip. What it really suffers from is lack of defined shadows, and the ones you do place are too scratchy. I'd like to see some slicker, cleaner more confident shadow placement about her. She looks oddly proportioned too, and I think it has mostly to do with the lack of cloth folds in the belly area; I might rework that lower back to accomodate just as well... maybe get a reference to this pose (including model wearing a sweater). Her left hand (to our right) is also looking kinda wonky, fingers are stubby; right hand (our left) has some weird whites between fingers.

3) Even for a chibi, eyes are waayyy too low. They should really be just below the hair bangs. Glasses feel drawn to her face, as opposed to having any sort of dimension; I'd refer to people wearing glasses. The bow of the headband is fine, but the headband itself isn't... doesn't fall to perspective to the head. Try to really imagine her wearing it; I'd have it follow the general curved shape of her hair you have it right now. Not too crazy on these overabundant soft shadows either.

Overall:
You're weakest point I see right now is shadows... you get too soft on the chibi, too scratchy and showing a lack of confidence on #2. I might go back to doing chiaroscuro, direct-lighting studies on clothed human models. At the same time, maybe look at some animated cartoons to see how they simplify shadows.
Your proportions for more realistic figures are mostly there, but I'd do a lil' more referencing maybe.... especially with regards to clothing and accessories. I might go back to also doing some studying and sketching people outside, get a better understanding of clothing folds, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff