Welcome to Gaia! ::

... 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]

A couple weeks ago I posted a couple pieces for critiques and made a couple improvements. I am asking for critiques for the improvements I have made.
The top is after improvements the bottom is before.
I have only changed the legs to hopefully make the poses seem more natural

Please constructive criticism only!

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Is deconstructive criticism ok?
not destructive, deconstructive.
Inosab
Is deconstructive criticism ok?
not destructive, deconstructive.

Sure

Trash Whisperer

I hope you don't find this rude but I honestly don't see quite so much of a difference between the old and the new gonk
I'll comment what I can though u//u
Redline below::
User Image

For the first image, with the blade in her mouth, you might want to pay a bit more attention to the face n_n
from my perspective it seems as though the chin to too long and the whole mouth area seems to be jutting out a bit too much.
As well as that, the shape of the eyes seem a bit off to me because while you've altered the size, you haven't kept in mind the way that the angle would change as well u//u
Moreover, I'm assuming that the body is slightly tilted as the breasts seem to suggest that which would mean that the left shoulder is too wide (or the neck is placed too far right)
The rest of it, I don't feel quite so comfortable correcting but I hope this part was at least helpful redface

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
They look the same to me.

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Teacup Creations

Hey, stop followingme around...
Teacup Creations

I hope you don't find this rude but I honestly don't see quite so much of a difference between the old and the new gonk
I'll comment what I can though u//u
Redline below::
User Image

For the first image, with the blade in her mouth, you might want to pay a bit more attention to the face n_n
from my perspective it seems as though the chin to too long and the whole mouth area seems to be jutting out a bit too much.
As well as that, the shape of the eyes seem a bit off to me because while you've altered the size, you haven't kept in mind the way that the angle would change as well u//u
Moreover, I'm assuming that the body is slightly tilted as the breasts seem to suggest that which would mean that the left shoulder is too wide (or the neck is placed too far right)
The rest of it, I don't feel quite so comfortable correcting but I hope this part was at least helpful redface

Thank you
that was helpful. I will work on her face.

Newbie Animal

7,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
Ah, I don't have the plugin.

Blessed Conversationalist

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
On the right image her foot is at the wrong angle for her stance. To me it seems to just go into no where. Maybe that will change when you ad a ground. But in martial arts (what she seems to be doing in that stance) a firmly planted stance is very important otherwise you have a week spot for your important. I would find some references and work on that front foot placement Good Luck

Newbie Noob

blue_eyed_wolf16

hey~ i replied to your original post before ^u^ and its cool to see that you've posted an update with changes you made to the pics XD

the pic on the left looks a lot better than before! biggrin it looks more natural

but the pic on the right doesn't look like its changed much >n<
since you took the time to make fixes, i figured i'd make a quick redline for you ^u^ (idk if you'd find it helpful)
here:

User Image

(*coughcough* excuse my wiggly lines, my tablet wasnt available at the time so i used my trackpad X'D)

but anyways what i meant about the feet pointing the same way was something like that ^u^ it was probably not easy to imagine it because of the perspective the character was drawn in, so drawing arrows makes it easier. thats how you would be in a fighting stance irl right? :3 if your feet are pointed in the same direction while youre about to take an attack, youre more planted to the ground that way, and its harder to fall (i used to take karate, lol)

i also changed the placement of her arms a bit in relation to her top half, and moved her boobs down XD if you look at where your elbows are, they are actually located at the same height as the bottom of your ribcage >u< also, the boobs are usually around your mid-upper arm (they dont have to pop out too much either, its a little unnatural)

i hope that helped, and gl with the rest of your drawings!~ ^u^
Lord couchpotato
blue_eyed_wolf16

hey~ i replied to your original post before ^u^ and its cool to see that you've posted an update with changes you made to the pics XD

the pic on the left looks a lot better than before! biggrin it looks more natural

since you took the time to make fixes, i figured i'd make a quick redline for you ^u^ (idk if you'd find it helpful)
here:

User Image

(*coughcough* excuse my wiggly lines, my tablet wasnt available at the time so i used my trackpad X'D)

but anyways what i meant about the feet pointing the same way was something like that ^u^ it was probably not easy to imagine it because of the perspective the character was drawn in, so drawing arrows makes it easier. thats how you would be in a fighting stance irl right? :3 if your feet are pointed in the same direction while youre about to take an attack, youre more planted to the ground that way, and its harder to fall (i used to take karate, lol)

i also changed the placement of her arms a bit in relation to her top half, and moved her boobs down XD if you look at where your elbows are, they are actually located at the same height as the bottom of your ribcage >u< also, the boobs are usually around your mid-upper arm (they dont have to pop out too much either, its a little unnatural)

Thank you very much! This was really helpful! ^_^

Newbie Noob

blue_eyed_wolf16
Lord couchpotato
blue_eyed_wolf16

here:

User Image

Thank you very much! This was really helpful! ^_^

no problem smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out