Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
н ello c: i'm a painter/sketcher/sculptor and i have recently started to do portraits in paints and i started doing skin tones this is one of my first done and i was wondering if i can get some tips by fellow artists in technique or even just opinions or tips c: thank you very much and have a swell day ;D

Lana Del Ray portrait ~

User Image

Distinct Elder

You need to be more deliberate and strong with your shading - at the moment, you have to keep the the lines because the shading isn't accurate enough in value or drafting. Try drawing more without lines to "hold the form" and be more deliberate about getting the value and hue of your shading right to overcome this, and remember always reference photos (if you're not already doing this).

7,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
awh thankyou very much ill try to keep that in mind c:

Interesting Genius

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Member 100
Don't outline things in black. lol xD

And finally a Lana Del Rey fan yussssssss.

I love your style. I can also see what is going on. Lana in a hat, possibly a dress or shirt and standing or sitting down somewhere looking at the camera at side of her. But the lines are confusing me. Mostly on the shirt/dress. It is also good not to add highlights in the with white. My hair is a super brown hair that looks black in curls, so highlights go in different places. And I have a little sun light with me. And if I hold my hair up, Yes. A tinny bit of white highlights and a tinny bit of highlights in brown a couple shades lighter then my hair. Look at your hair in a mirror or hold it up if it's long and have different light sources and how far or close away the light is to see how it changes the highlights.

When you outline her face take a photo of Lana with the amount of light you saw in the photo and see how her face is shaded and highlighted. Also study the color of her face. Is it mostly pink? Is it mostly yellow? Is it mostly white? And greens can be in the skin (I believe so, I don't remember)

Great photo though biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces