Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Loiterer

Hey all,

I wanted to start posting some of the art I'm working on for my second time selling at a convention! (I'm super excited!!!!!)

I'll be selling at Anime North 2014, (one of the largest anime conventions in Canada) and I'd love to get some feedback, or suggestions of other anime's to draw art from!

I'll be selling prints, bookmarks, and keychains like these
(The image taken though is if old stock so try and ignore the art haha, I've improved a bit since 2012)

Here's a small section of the Kill la Kill inserts you can pick from:

User Image

Any other popular anime suggestions to add to my keychain art list?

heart heart

Unsealed Gatekeeper

7,600 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Sword Art Online and Attack On Titan from what I can see based on cosplay haha. I also tend to look at what's on Adult Swim and do little things from that. Good luck at Anime North!

Distinct Elder

More variation in your line width would make the linework seem less heavy-handed.

Also the poses are really stiff. I know it's just a bust, but the shoulders can still rotate, especially for more dynamic compositions (like Ryuuko's second illustration - you have this really intense expression and relaxed shoulders... it's a very jarring contrast).

The compositions of these are really squished and it's really obvious you're trying to "fit" the character in the borders (the tops of their heads are getting pinched to a point of disbelief for me, especially with how wide you've made the cheeks). It's all very claustrophobic, especially on Ryuuko with all that scribbly stuff in the background.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff