Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
Hello, so I'm making this piece for like a little collection of pieces based off a Sailor Moon AU where Usagi is a little chubby and I have encountered a problem

I usually don't put back grounds in my pieces, because I'm awful at them, but this one would not look right with out one from the way it cuts off. So, I need help deciding what to do with the back ground.

I was thinking maybe just a quickly drawn Crystal Tokyo, but I don't know, so if you could give me some suggestions, I would love you for it, what I have done of the piece is below

User Image
User Image

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image bump! help please~User Image

Newbie Friend

3,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Heheh.... I'm new here, so what's a bump? ^-^"
Anyways, I think that the picture looks great so far! Since she's holding flowers, maybe you could put her in a nice garden... But crystal Tokyo would be really awesome too! biggrin can't wait to see the finished piece!? ^-^

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
iSunnyRain
Anyways, I think that the picture looks great so far! Since she's holding flowers, maybe you could put her in a nice garden... But crystal Tokyo would be really awesome too! biggrin can't wait to see the finished piece!? ^-^

User Image
bump just means someone's trying to bring the topic back to the first page of the forums u v uUser Image
Thank you, I think more flowers is a great idea. Maybe a garden around it?
User Image

Newbie Friend

3,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
CadetteAlright
iSunnyRain

User Image
bump just means someone's trying to bring the topic back to the first page of the forums u v uUser Image
Thank you, I think more flowers is a great idea. Maybe a garden around it?
User Image

Oh that's a great idea! And maybe some faded lights or a nice subtle moon to add a more romantic feeling! biggrin
Love the pose and think this is really brill. Only thing I'm not keen on is the grey background and in mho a thinner line would make her look more elegant x

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
demon dawn of time
Love the pose and think this is really brill. Only thing I'm not keen on is the grey background and in mho a thinner line would make her look more elegant x

User Image
The background is only grey right now because I need to know if any color spills over, I'm actually looking for ideas for the background~
I can't change the lines now, but maybe if I change their color? Something lighter, a pink or lilac maybe?
User Image
A pale pink floral would be the cutest thing ever heart heart heart
Anything kinda Ouran Tamaki... http://www.spookhouse.net/angelynx/hostclub/hc3-tamaki-sakura2-sm.jpg

Distinct Elder

Why not look at backgrounds from the show for reference? Or just photos in general?
I'd suggest an abstract pastel bokeh-effecty thing.

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
Itchy the Hatter
Why not look at backgrounds from the show for reference? Or just photos in general?

User Image
That's a great idea! I was sort of thinking something like it, but I think I was skirting around the idea of sifting through reference photos. Thank you so much~
User Image

Timid Astronomer

8,475 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
I just wanted to show you guys the finished piece. I'm not completely happy with the background but I don't think it needs to be perfect and I saved it without the background as well.

User Image

User ImageThank you guys so much for the advice you gave me~User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out