Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Question That, For Some Odd Reason, Kinda Has Something to do With What was Posted #1: Do you like Edward Gorey?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 28, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

Having recently gone into my thirteenth year of artistry (as well as living..), I am getting increasingly more serious about art.. That's not to say, of course, that I can't exercise my love for the beautifully simplistic art of the pixel. And so, casting aside the more complicated forms of art for a moment, I bring to you.. PIXEL ART!!
User Image
whee I just finished this one.. It's supposed to be a view of the lake outside of the castle of Hogwarts from the Harry Potter books. I rather like it..
User Image
Hehe.. I traced this off of a scan of a pencil sketch I did.. Well, it's not so much of a trace as it is a copy, because, you see, the origional is about twice as big, so I just copied down a smaller version of it.. The colors are interesting. I'm not a big fan of the color blue, so that's why I put in some shades of red and orange to liven it up a bit.

.. I'll post some more stuff in the near future, after it's uploaded...
*points to poll* As for that, I was vaugely reminded of Mr. Gorey's art when I was making my lake scene.. He's one of my favorites, because of his style, and simplistic inking techniques.
//edit// gonk When I edited the first post to add a picture, my poll was erased.. crying I don't wanna have to re-write all that again..
I like the pic, it's creepy, but in a cool way smile
Jaynie Bug
I like the pic, it's creepy, but in a cool way smile
Creepy? I suppose it is, a little.. Maybe it's because it's in black and white, but that's why I like it so much..
*glances at lake pic* gonk Nuts! I forgot to put my signature on there.. That happens sometimes, when I look at a finished piece of artwork and remember something I forgot to add..
It remeind me of a moor, or somewhere by the ocean on a cold day :sivers: it's soooo cool!

'course i read into things waay to much xp
Jaynie Bug
It remeind me of a moor, or somewhere by the ocean on a cold day :sivers: it's soooo cool!

'course i read into things waay to much xp
It's good to read into things.. Knowledge is POWER!!
Um, could somebody else please post?
It looks pretty cool 3nodding
angelic_gamer
It looks pretty cool 3nodding
Thank you..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items