Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image

Round One AB'd by Millitaria. <3 Thank you so much!
Round Two, continue on!

You're bidding on one mostly-realistic shoulder-up portrait like the first example.

Some characters work better than others in realism.. I strongly encourage you to have multiple characters I can chose from, or to run your character by me before you bid if you suspect something may not translate well into this style. @.@" because then everyone will be happier.

sd ● Sept 19
ed ● Oct 15

ab ● 22 mil
ab offer ● one waist-up

mi ● 250k

can I bid items? just sell it on the MP, please >>; pure bids only

won't draw
● RL people. *rant on why goes here* just stick to avis and ocs please.
doesn't like to draw
● horns (demon's horns, ram horns, etc)
likes to draw
● skin
● scars/bruises/blood/acne

current hb: 7mil - Plummy Lovelace

Dangerous Noob

Your art is really cool! OvO <3

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
Would something like this character works?
Esalium form 3: You can design her dress, it just have to be fancy looking and please give her a tiara. Refs here: X X X X X
Wings are silver and hair is black and wavy and reaches her anklets. Wings are silver.
If ye don't want to design the dress, ye can draw her in any of those images.

Mood: Elegant, pretty, royal
Items that she likes: moon, starts, ribbons, vibrant colors, fancy clothing.

Full info here.
the_midnight_angel
Oh yeah, a character like her is fine.
She's actually really cute @///@ *wants to draw* Elegant faces are so fun.. the only possible problem is showing wings in a shoulder-up portrait, but I could at least imply them.

Typically, if you already have a couple realistic examples of your character, it'll work out... but sometimes I get requests and it's a super-shoujou-anime-reference sheet with neon colors and black skin (not African but actual black) and unrealistically proportioned silly outfits, and it just doesn't translate OTL

By the way, I saw your auc. Cool stuff. You have an elegant sense of economy.
And you're really good at hair. *needs to figure out hair still*

@Pandi; Thank you, that's very kind! :"D

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
ginger who is green
the_midnight_angel
Oh yeah, a character like her is fine.
She's actually really cute @///@ *wants to draw* Elegant faces are so fun.. the only possible problem is showing wings in a shoulder-up portrait, but I could at least imply them.

Typically, if you already have a couple realistic examples of your character, it'll work out... but sometimes I get requests and it's a super-shoujou-anime-reference sheet with neon colors and black skin (not African but actual black) and unrealistically proportioned silly outfits, and it just doesn't translate OTL

By the way, I saw your auc. Cool stuff. You have an elegant sense of economy.
And you're really good at hair. *needs to figure out hair still*

@Pandi; Thank you, that's very kind! :"D

Yeah! Then starting bid please.

And thank you, but what do you mean by elegant sense of economy?
I'm still playing with the hair part.
I'm gonna assume starting bid means 250k cuz that's the mi from 0. xD;;

Ahh, just that your pictures have balance between areas of interest and resting places... I dunno, a lot of people feel the need to make every inch of it busy, but it's the simple parts that have power... Like your orange-hair portrait, where the figure melds with the background. That's really good.

Hair is such a pain.. I've been told I overrrender it in realism so I'm trying to hold back but I know I simplify it too much in anime... x__x finding the right balance is impossible...

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
ginger who is green
I'm gonna assume starting bid means 250k cuz that's the mi from 0. xD;;

Ahh, just that your pictures have balance between areas of interest and resting places... I dunno, a lot of people feel the need to make every inch of it busy, but it's the simple parts that have power... Like your orange-hair portrait, where the figure melds with the background. That's really good.

Hair is such a pain.. I've been told I overrrender it in realism so I'm trying to hold back but I know I simplify it too much in anime... x__x finding the right balance is impossible...

Lol! Don't talk to me about economie, I have no idea what I was doing except that oh, that looks nice. o: And I think I did got a bust shot from you before! o:

By the way, what brush and what program do you use to paint your realism?

And do you draw in black and white before coloring?

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
This one was done by you right? XD

XX
oh my god hide that horror

*cries of shame in corner*

Yes, yes that was me. Using a very different technique though. o3o"
I just use Photoshop CS5. Sometimes I start in b&w and then color, but not lately. Depends on what effect I want.
I use a lotta different brushes... heavy use of the typical roundbrush, plus some random textures for fun and to speed up hair, etc. Nothing special, though.

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
Why are ye hidding it?

I like it. razz

Oh and I guess I better go find some good nice textile brush because I want to use some.

And o: So no b&w? I can never get a lot of depth if I don't draw in b&w first.
Hm... I do b&w when the focus is a somber mood and really good form, like with this one
User Image

But when the focus is on hue contrasts and harmonies I'll just start with color, like here
User Image

Try using the dual brush feature too~! You can have so much fun just layering another brush on top an old favorite. Gets really cool results and there's a lot of variety to be had.

Fashionable Tycoon

7,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
Duel brush? o.o What are you talking about??? O.O I never used it or ever heard about it. How does it work?
..I should probably ask what program you use. o3o" It looks like Sai?
If you have Photoshop, there's a section of the Brush Properties thing that says Dual Brush. You can overlay another brush onto yours and it'll mix the effect of the two. It's really fun.

Friendly Regular

500k please~
How do you feel about unnatural hair colors?
Farandine
500k please~
How do you feel about unnatural hair colors?
Thanks for bidding~!
I've done those before, usually works out pretty well. <3 It's actually pretty fun..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff