Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I like it to an extent for example I enjoyed Gravitation and I enjoy some Yuri manga tittles as well. However I do not care for anime like Sakura Trick.

Wheezing Pup

I'm ambiguous towards my gender and sexual orientation so when I see that I'm like
hell yeah that's nice
but I don't have exclusive feelings towards it

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I loooove gl and yuri, but I haven't found my niche in BL/yaoi. I was thrilled when Sasameki Koto (whispered words) got licensed and released over here, as well as the various Morinaga Milk works. Less excited by Citrus because it might be my least favourite GL that I have ever read (I swear I want to buy every yuri that gets released over here so that the publishers know there is a demand for it, but I aint gonna drop a cent on that) And after the anime was so disappointing I'm a bit nervous about Akuma no Riddle being the only new yuri offering stateside this year.

I'm actually mildly frustrated at all the yuri anime adaptations in the past few seasons. I'm so thrilled that we're getting actual (not just subtext) girls' love anime, but the things they are choosing to adapt and the way they are being adapted are not exactly good. Sakura Trick and Yuri Bears blatantly pander to the male gaze, Yuri Bears makes no sense (yet? I know the directer guy is famous for being a bit out there.) Akuma no Riddle was just a disappointment.. You get my drift.

So end of story is that I prefer yuri manga because no yuri anime has knocked my socks off yet.
i just want 2 say that i still love yuri and think it is cool and good, unlike yaoi, which is lame and bad, my opinion has not changed at all since my last post
I enjoy both Yuri and Yaoi but find Yuri is harder to buy then Yaoi which is really sad.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
SchreiRetteMich
I enjoy both Yuri and Yaoi but find Yuri is harder to buy then Yaoi which is really sad.

I agree, Yuri is harder to find.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Kirenisia
I like it to an extent for example I enjoyed Gravitation and I enjoy some Yuri manga tittles as well. However I do not care for anime like Sakura Trick.

Looked up Sakura Trick. It sounds good. What's wrong with it?
Yaoi fan here. Big fan of Takarai Rihito-sensei's work.
I tried Yuri before but I just can't get to it.

Greedy Gekko

Back when I was still into anime, I liked yaoi (yuri's not nearly as common, so I never watched any). However, as I got older, I started to notice recurring themes that I disapproved of. For instance, there's a lot of rape in yaoi (at least from the yaoi that I've seen). One character would always say "Stop," or even start to cry, but the other character would continue. It almost always ended in a way that seemed romantic, instead of showing that non-consensual sex is wrong. According to them, as long as it seemed like they wanted to have sex, then they must have wanted to have sex, no matter how many times they said "No." Another problem is the whole "seme" and "uke" thing. While there are multiple things wrong with this trope (in my opinion), the worst is that it's not realistic. Real couples will often switch their "roles" in sex, not have a set way of doing things. Something else that has bothered me for a long time is the frequently used line, "But we're both guys! It would be wrong, wouldn't it?" This might be a cultural thing, but I always find myself yelling at the screen, "Yes, LGBT individuals exist! Have you never heard of homosexuality before?" Yaoi is also made for the enjoyment of teenage girls, instead of for gay men looking for representation.
Like I said before, I don't watch yuri, though I've heard that it's a lot less sexual and more about emotion.
My final thoughts on the matter are this: I wish that LGBT characters could just be added to already existing genres (like fantasy or sci-fi), instead of needing to create an entire genre just for them. I know that there are some anime that do this (such as Psycho-Pass, one of my favorite shows), but for the most part, all anime characters outside of the yaoi/yuri genre are straight. I want LGBT characters to seem natural, instead of making their sexual orientation their only notable characteristic.
Sorry for the long reply, and I just want to point out that I'm not judging anyone's preferences. I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts on the subject.
I'm much more of a yaoi fan but I like harley x ivy from batman and some random ships that I thought were fairly cute

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
LilithDraco
Kirenisia

it's boring, it's main plot substance is girls making out every episode , cute characters and possible mild *****.. it's basically girls exploring passed the innocence barrier and learning about " touching desires" and there is no development really until the very end and it's a very small and I mean SMALL development. . Now mind you there's no nudity or extreme scenes its just making out.

if I wanted to watch girls make out I'd just go look up hentai

Obsessive Bunny

I like both. (and I saw a discussion about it) I like yaoi better because I relate to the males as well. It's why I mostly consider myself non-binary too. Yuri is nice but it's generally too soft for me whereas yaoi gets a lot more hardcore scenarios. My favorite character is Shiki from Togainu no Chi (though it goes a lot further than favorite character ahaha;; wink As far as yuris I haven't found one I really like but I want to check our Yuri Kuma Arashi.

5,450 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
I like both!! Yaoi is my favorite though of the two. To me it is just hotter redface redface redface

hotdo999's One That Got Away

I love both man gonk

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Kirenisia
LilithDraco
Kirenisia

it's boring, it's main plot substance is girls making out every episode , cute characters and possible mild *****.. it's basically girls exploring passed the innocence barrier and learning about " touching desires" and there is no development really until the very end and it's a very small and I mean SMALL development. . Now mind you there's no nudity or extreme scenes its just making out.

if I wanted to watch girls make out I'd just go look up hentai

That's not so good then. Aren't quite a few of the yuri like that though? At least most of them are in highschool though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff