Welcome to Gaia! ::

Got your attention? Good! To see the problems.. just scroll down.. or else you'll be bored with a beginning rant

In the beginning of my junior year, I came across a poster displaying an advertisement for a club featuring the game called "Go". But it also promised a link to other anime followers..

So I managed to persuade my friends to go ahead and come with me to check out what this club was all about..

The response of attendance was good, or at least fairly good for a gathering of fellow anime lovers in any H/s.

About 30 people showed up. All for the same reason:

Anime, not "Go."

Sadly, however, it turned out to only be a minor branch of the Multicultural Club.

Plus, the faculty sponsor was already juggling many other side branches.. some that were far more larger and important than that of The Go club.

So the "Go" Club that seemed promising for anime fans pretty much went downhill.. Besides, it was already originally intended for The game "Go" and not just anime..

So There it was..
A mass bunch of people who had their hopes for a club flushed down the toilet.

After a few mornings and a few lunch breaks of talking to my friends about the idea of creating a stable Anime club.. I summed up enough courage to take the lead and create a constitution and in some way get the club started.

It took a while, but the club was officially put onto it's feet and we had a faculty sponsor who was into anime as much as we were without being clinically insane.

~So.. Here starts the problems..~

~So.. Here starts the problems..~

1.) Laziness in Club Members.. and not just regular club laziness.

The club was but a mere baby, and we sure as heck wouldn't be getting any funding from the school, so we mostly had to rely on Bake sales and Game tourneys.

The Bakesales 2/3's of the time Flopped. Why? Because of the irresponsibility of the club members.

I would make announcements for every upcoming event like a broken record..and yet when the day came for a big money making event, I often found myself as the only one who actually brought anything.

The game tourneys however were mildy successful.. but only because the gamers tended to be more helpful. ( Gee, I wonder why)

2.) The people who tend to be..
Yeah.. You have some fans who are respectable.. but then you have some that need to lay off on the anime or the attitude.
I respect the fact that many fans are intro-spective..
But when they do things just for attention.. God. *rubs face*
The stories I could tell on that alone.

3.) Club Members are jumpy to get special positions.. but they only do it for the name.
When they are actually given the job to do something.. they just don't do it..

So when the Cabinet members failed to do anything.. I blamed myself for not making any instructions and pointing out where to go to them..

But then it dawned on me..
Their jobs and what they did was already mentioned in the Constitution.. I had read it to them, given it to them, talked it over with them, and told them what they had to do before.

I was mildly ticked at myself for that one.

4.) Getting people to come to Anime club sponsored events..
Ugh, I'm not even sure where to start here. Many times I've considered doing a few things.. but the fear of it being a total flop like for example; Many bake-sales and a few tourneys, has stopped it.

It just seems like people wouldn't dare come near a hoard of misfit sponsored activities.

But anyway, this pretty much concludes this.
If anyone thinks this belongs somewhere else, please tell me. I thought that the anime section would just be the most appropriate.

Comments, bumps ( which I hope I won't need), perhaps situations like this, or your own personal problems/achievements with your anime club are greatly appreciated.
Bump XD..
Bumpin Again. XD.. Come on, I know you're lookin.
Bump ¬_¬
sweatdrop Oh yeesh.
same thing happened in my high school.

the "president" kept on forgeting anime. one time he tried to cover it up by down loading a random anime off the internet. all we got was half the theme song to an anime about a girl that sings karaoke.
another time we had to watch an anime that i just happened to have in my locker because i let a friend borrow it.
you are lucky though, the teacher that sponsered our club was a complete moron. he would leave for lunch and lock up the classroom so we had no where to watch the anime.
and the leaders of our anime club were so lazy they would even through a bake sale or whatever. they wouldn't even let me or some of my friends help out the club because "we were not part of the anime club staff"
stare I'd have to agree with you there because alot of sponsorers sponsor anime people or posters by there name, but not by there ability to do so.I actually ain't in any of these clubs.I happen to be a loner.But, then I notice what goes on in my school and places in here.Like they just grab people with great looks and great name characteristics.It's just as if 'you tell someone what there name is', you just did something wrong because it's common courtesy to give your name before someone introduces there name.That's all I have to say, though.You can bump and all. sweatdrop
We have similar problems when it comes to my school's anime convention next year. =/
Lady Gaara
Bump ¬_¬
stare How do you make that face?I have forgotten how to use it.
XxDark_MousyxX
stare I'd have to agree with you there because alot of sponsorers sponsor anime people or posters by there name, but not by there ability to do so.I actually ain't in any of these clubs.I happen to be a loner.But, then I notice what goes on in my school and places in here.Like they just grab people with great looks and great name characteristics.It's just as if 'you tell someone what there name is', you just did something wrong because it's common courtesy to give your name before someone introduces there name.That's all I have to say, though.You can bump and all. sweatdrop

Oh yeah.. That gives me a great idea for advertising next year. X3 Thank you very much.

I'm gonna go ahead n' post up weekly events that are going on the anime club, perhaps that would get more active club members to join.
XxDark_MousyxX
Lady Gaara
Bump ¬_¬
stare How do you make that face?I have forgotten how to use it.

Press Alt to your right, then on the square number pad "426"
XxDark_MousyxX
Bump.=|

Thank you very much ^_^
I greatly appreciate it ( Because now I'm seeing I'll need it, Lol)
Lady Gaara
XxDark_MousyxX
Bump.=|

Thank you very much ^_^
I greatly appreciate it ( Because now I'm seeing I'll need it, Lol)
sweatdrop No problemo, just helping out people.But, we have no anime clubs here in our school in Hawaii.But then, there's us freaks around which gather around to make one out of. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff