Do you believe that Men are protrayed unfairly in anime

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on May 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Aogiri Yuki
Orlan Drake
A simple question I think.

I've heard and seen several complain that women are unfairly protrayed in anime. I believe thats a lie.

Men are the victims, bishies portray men at standard that most men can never even hope to reach phyiscally, mentally, emotioanlly and intellectually.

The Bishie creates an unfair stereotype to which most mortal men cannot achieve.

Damned Bishies.
Why does is really matter. Anime is just another form of entertainment. Women who like anime enjoy they anime men and i am pretty sure the same way with men. I just don't see how is matters. IT IS JUST A CARTOON!

I agree too many people are taking this too seriously I mean god it's not like anime is known for being realistic now is it?
i think both are we men are made to look like pervs and women are made to look like hoes(and they make them have the biggest boobs ever)
cronkitepeg
i think both are we men are made to look like pervs and women are made to look like hoes(and they make them have the biggest boobs ever)

o_O Dude... not all the time.... You need to keep searching for the good stuff if that's all you've seen.......

XD *plugs FMA*

Full Metal Alchemist does a pretty good job at keeping people semi-realistic, I think. ^_^;;;;
I can't even watch Love Hina, cause I feel so bad for that guy...
No possible amount of sex as a payoff could be enough to outweight all the physical, mental, and emotional abuse the girls put that guy through...
(can't even bear to speak "that guy"s name)
Um, everyone is portrayed unrealistically in anime... sweatdrop
Well at least men get to look good somewhere, right? Nah, I'm just kidding. Who cares, really? If that's the style someone likes, then so be it.

Sparkly Spirit

18,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Overstocked 200
Most men tend to be portrayed as "typical", at least in the anime I've been exposed to. Women, on the other hand, will often be dealt with in unfair, cruel ways.

It bothers me that a man in anime can often sleep with any girl he comes across with no consequences, but his girlfriend.....he expects her to remain faithful and will dump her if she so much as kisses another guy.

Other animes more than make up for this, though. There are animes that are very much female-dominated. Guys *can* be put on a spike in some of these biggrin

So yes, it goes both ways. But far more often than not the girls get a worse bargain. It all depends on what anime you're watching.
Grendelrose
If theyt're not bishies, they're perverts. If they're not perverts, they're stupid. If they're not stupid, they're jerks. If they're not jerks, they're angsty. If they're not angsty, they're overly violent . . .

Ahem... That's basically what we are dude... ^^;;; face reality... :-p
yes some are
Untrue! My boyfriend is a total bishie! He's one of the sweetest, most caring, mentally and physically stable individuals I know.. And he's smart too. So nyah. xp heart
One could argue that this portrayal is not only running in anime, but in any movie as well... For instance, what guy, who is hot enough to choose any girl in the world and get her, would want to end up waiting on a girl who's so ugly that even her mother ignores her? Or, the guy who ends up saving the girl is brawny and muscular with washboard abs, where as the computer geek who helped the sexy dude gets tossed aside even though he fell in love with the girl first?

What I mean to say is, that no matter where you go, which movie you watch, which book you read, there will always be an 'unfairness' or bias in it. People crave what they cannot have, and one of those things are the 'perfect guy' or 'perfect girl' who can obviously not exist in reality.
I don't think it's an unfair portrayal, really. There are attractive and unattractive guys in anime just as in real life.

The only thing that might be unfair is how anime guys personalities are always violent, perverted or timid. There's never a normal guy.

Dapper Elocutionist

"LOL! How men and women are portraied really depends on the anime. Just by saying that animes use a sterio type male is creating a sterio type in itself." wink "Any ways, I do agree that men can be portaryed unfairly, however most of the time its just for laughs." 3nodding
Mellikor
I don't think it's an unfair portrayal, really. There are attractive and unattractive guys in anime just as in real life.

The only thing that might be unfair is how anime guys personalities are always violent, perverted or timid. There's never a normal guy.
Unless you count the clueless background characters who do nothing... sweatdrop
I think people are taking this overboard. It is a FACT that women are treated unfairly as pertaining to Japanese laws. I have not really noticed it in anime, nor have I noticed it with men in anime. Anime guys generally tend to be complete gods or complete losers... so if you say "their expectations are too high!" you have the losers to even that out and vica versa when you say "anime guys are seen as lame!". People should stop whining. If you feel like an anime is making your selfesteme lessen... BACK AWAY FROM THE TV. It's that easy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff