Welcome to Gaia! ::

I heard, or read somewhere. That casting a spell, it takes less energy to cast if you use a frase to cast with it. For DBZ, this may fit, or in G-gundam too, since the finger is a "magical" attack.

i dont get it either i would just do it not take 5 min. telling them wat im about to do. by the time u would b done telling them they would allready b kicking the crap out of ya
It's for dramatic purposes, you watch them charge the attack while they give off a speech about it or name it, and the suspense builds as you wonder if it's going to hit or not and what it'll do when/if it does hit.

Saying the phrase can also be a type of 'meditation', like in Dragon Ball or any martial arts anime, ya gotta focus on the attack, so you say stuff.

There's also the aforementioned thing about 'bad translations......' sweatdrop Half those phrases aren't really so long in Japanese I'm willign to bet. They just say a few words that have a lot of syllables in them, so they get changed to long, winded phrases.
*eyes wiuden at SandViper's post*
*points*
"Omae Ni Sawashi Soiru wa Kima Ta! The appropriate SOil charge to use agaisnt you has been decided!"
*ensues to verbally sound out "MaGun Discharge"*
Yeah, the Magun thing in Final Fantasy is extremely long...and surprising they continue to do the entire sequence (though it is cool in the end along with the nifty music and omnious weapon transformation).
Too bad G Gundam sucks.
Weeeell... I have no idea. But if it has anything to do with the excess of yelling (even that can take 20 minutes), that seems to be the #1 anime rule : the louder you yell, the more powerful you are. Thats a classic. But I have no idea for the long winded stuff. It adds to the drama, I suppose, but after once or twice, it gets really dull.
i think its just to emphasize the attack. just, for example, "burning finger...uh...go!" wouldn't be that exciting. but if you say "volcano burning finger of hiroshi mountain, owned by the pelican of a large p***s!" it sticks to you a bit more than the first one. this thread has surprsing feedback, neh?
for suspense!
sometimes i wonder. like in sailor moon when theyre doing this really long and stupid dance just to attack, whats the bad guy doing? just standing there looking at the sparkles o.O
bluewolf_tyler
sometimes i wonder. like in sailor moon when theyre doing this really long and stupid dance just to attack, whats the bad guy doing? just standing there looking at the sparkles o.O

If he was smart he'd only need to reload his gun after the display.. but alas.. all villianous creatures on these things are not as intelligent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff