Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
what anime do you recommend for non-anime fans?sounds like a kinda ironic question.im probably missing the real question though
Neon Genesis Enangilion! or Slayrs! wink
Hmm well I had a friend who thought Anime was all kid stuff. She had seen Spirited Away and got into it a little, but still thought it was "kid stuff". Then she saw R.O.D. TV and was a bit more into it. Then I broke her completly with Elfen Lied. >3 And now she is crazy over Gilgamesh and falling for anime guys.

/evil laugh

>3
Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy BeBop, Trigun....anyone who likes comedy and/or violence will be happy(they worked on my boyfriend, so maybe there's hope to others >>"'')
Chrno Crusade and Exel Saga are really good.
Most of the shows on Adult Swim are good. I would recomend Cowboy Bebop!
It's really good! 3nodding
Bebop, Trigun, FMA, Champloo... some of the good stuff that tends to appeal to a lot of different people.
inuyasha.. cause it kewl pirate
For guys, definitely Hellsing.

Suprisingly, Saiyuki and Get Backers aren't too bad either. They're the sole couple that my boyfriend concedes are "all right". =P

Females... I can't say I've ever actually managed to convert any to anime, so I have yet to discover an anime to do so. XD
I think I would recommend Escaflowne for a first timer. That was one of the first animes I ever watched, and the english dub is half decent. Of course it could be much better, but I'm not sure someone who isn't an anime fan would want to watch an english dub. sweatdrop
But it's something with some action, romance, and an interesting enough plot. It's what got me back into anime, so maybe it could help other people.

I would also recommend Princess Monoke and Spirited Away. Those were two movies I showed my mom, and she doesn't care for anime, but she loved those movies. The Cowboy Bepop movie was another one she liked, though I had to explain some stuff so she could fully understand what was going on.
Arislan
For guys, definitely Hellsing.

Suprisingly, Saiyuki and Get Backers aren't too bad either. They're the sole couple that my boyfriend concedes are "all right". =P

Females... I can't say I've ever actually managed to convert any to anime, so I have yet to discover an anime to do so. XD
DNAngel. Love-type story with a bit of action and suspense. Ideal for females. ^_^'' Atleast for me and my friend Sam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff