Torrent 0.24 24.0% [ 6 ]
Stream 0.76 76.0% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
|||| Which do you prefer to do, and why? I love to torrent just recently got into it, because it made a lot more sense than streaming. Since I usually just let the video load and get back to it later when I did stream just, bc I wanted to watch it when I wanted to watch it. Sooo torrenting made my life easier since I would just have to open it up when I wanted to watch it and bang never will I buffer and I'd have great resolution as well. c:

Aged Codger

Streaming is for plebeians.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

streaming is for subpar quality

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
So As I Pray

Alkaide

|||| Flippin love you guys; ALL MY FRIENDS DONT UNDERSTAND! D;

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
my dad got me a one year subscription to Crunchyroll so I make use of legal streams from there. my harddrives are getting full again and I can't get an extra external to add to the home network until I get a new job so that's actually kind of handy. we got a Hulu Plus subscription too so it kind of makes sense to use that as well. I also like supporting the anime industry so using legal streams makes me feel a little better given I have almost zero income right now and can't buy that much.

if there are no legal streams of something then I'd far rather torrent it than use an illegal stream site. I'm rather morally opposed to those and the few times I've found myself actually using them for some harder to find stuff I wasn't satisfied with the quality either.
If I have easy access to a stream, I'll go that route.

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Mugetsu Ookamiza

|||| Hmm, thanks for posting your thoughts. I dunno what to say to it though since I kinda posted what I thought already. I dunno torrenting just meets my needs perfectly and very convenient for me. @___@ Supporting maybe I should, but I dunno I enjoy having something at my disposal when I want it.

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Nytemair is a new VNfag
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

|||| I like you. c:

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Choreo
Mugetsu Ookamiza

|||| Hmm, thanks for posting your thoughts. I dunno what to say to it though since I kinda posted what I thought already. I dunno torrenting just meets my needs perfectly and very convenient for me. @___@ Supporting maybe I should, but I dunno I enjoy having something at my disposal when I want it.
well, I got pretty fast internet so legal streams are just as convenient as torrented stuff unless I'm away from home. and, as I said, with my harddrives getting full the combination of the fast internet and the fact my harddrives are all pretty full using legal streams is actually a little more convenient than torrenting right now. I guess if I didn't have the paid Crunchyroll account and Hulu Plus it would tip back in favor of torrenting, but with that figured in and factoring in the morals of supporting the industry at least for me that puts legal streams as a clear winner between the two.

and then if I want better and more convenient access to a title I buy a physical copy of it if/when I can. but I have to admit I started my anime collection back when the size of your physical anime collection was a big deal and before downloading anime was a thing (I use to be able to boast the biggest anime VHS collection in town even if you didn't count in the VHS fansubs I had) so I habitually just like owning the stuff. digital copies just seem like a pale imitation of actually owning a copy to me.

Fashionable Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Mugetsu Ookamiza

|||| I have a lot of memory so I don't think I'll ever have a problem torrenting, but I do understand why you stream; I respect that. I'm not so big on physically owning anime just, bc it isn't something I'd do. BUT I'd definitely buy a virtual album of anime. IF THAT MAKES SENSE.: x

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Choreo
Mugetsu Ookamiza

|||| I have a lot of memory so I don't think I'll ever have a problem torrenting, but I do understand why you stream; I respect that. I'm not so big on physically owning anime just, bc it isn't something I'd do. BUT I'd definitely buy a virtual album of anime. IF THAT MAKES SENSE.: x
I've got 2 TB on my desktop, a 2 TB external, and my laptop which only has 500 GB on it (there's also a currently not set up XP Pro 64-bit system I don't have set up right now and plan to convert into a linux system eventually and a slightly older laptop I don't use often but they don't really count right now). it's still pretty full for various reasons, even keeping stuff purely for home use on the desktop, stuff for easy access while traveling on the laptop, and the external for media and stuff that would be nice to access on the go but don't necessarily need (I have the external hooked up to a pogoplug for ease of use as a NAS, it's one of the ones with wifi capability so it's got great speed at home but outside of the home the access to the files on it is limited by the upload speed of our internet service which isn't as fast as the download speeds). I tend to prioritize filespace to stuff that isn't licensed and isn't streaming legally. that way I have way more space for unlicensed manga scan, music files I can access on any computer or tablet in the house (nice for while reading an ebook in bed), visual novels, MMOs, and stuff plus anything my dad wants to save or install. my oldest niece is moving in with us soon tho (there's not that many full time jobs where she is now since it's basically a summer tourism season town, my city has more chances for finding a year round full time job) so we'll probably be getting a second external to hook up to the pogoplug soon given she's a digital artist and will need a good thing to back up her artwork to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff