Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you had any experience with bad dubs?

Yes 0.47747747747748 47.7% [ 265 ]
no 0.11531531531532 11.5% [ 64 ]
OH YEAH! 0.40720720720721 40.7% [ 226 ]
Total Votes:[ 555 ]
This poll closed on March 20, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14 >

The north american dub of Sailor Moon makes me wanna scratch my ears out! gonk
The Cowboy Bebop dub is bloody awful, probably the worst matching of characters to actors that I've ever heard. However GITS and X are right up there as well.

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The U.S. version of Macross: Do You Remember Love was terrible. Lynn Minmay's speaking voice and her sining voice were too different, Hikaru's voice sucks, and the Zentradi sounded like a bunch of retards. On top of that, the dialogue made no sense and they cut the entire ending scene.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! InuYasha sounds like ******** 8 year old! How could they do that!?!?!

But i canĀ“t forget love hina...I loved watching that anime in spainish...but in English, I feel like ripping my ears off
BAD DUBBING RULES YOUR MUM!!!

MONKEY MAGIC IS THE BEST DAMN SHOW EVAH!!!

(you'd better believe it wink )
Omg i hate the swedish dubs for sailor moon stressed
Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon, Macross....
this is why i stick to subtitles usually
Nabikichan
and Kerochan sounded like a washed out surfer.

It made me shudder. sweatdrop

Well, at least they tried to make an Osakan dialect.

My worst dub I've seen would have to be lain. I just don't like the voices. Otherwise, I like most dubs.
I just remembered another bad Dub....Angelic layer. man it was really fugged up... sweatdrop Makes my ears wanna bleed xp
As far as butchering goes, I'd say the worst dub would be Cardcaptors. It's the only series that I've seen the original of, so I can't judge any others. Most of the characters suddenly grew additudes, and most of their names were changed. (o.o How do you get Madison Taylor out of Tomoyo Daidouji? Madison Taylor sounds like a shoe store.) Also, some pronounciations were changed. (Clow is supposed to rhyme with glow, not cow.)

Chatty Streaker

I just say that Funimation should rot in hell... They too an awsome series like Dragon Ball Z and killed it with their 'dubs'... They lost the blood and gore... crying
Megami Kohousei. And to make our ears bleed even more...they actually try to sing! @_@
stressed Dubs r evil.... some times they pronounce things wrongly. grr... inuyasha has very bad dubbing.
Jamanana
stressed Dubs r evil.... some times they pronounce things wrongly. grr... inuyasha has very bad dubbing.

Your sig says it all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces