Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

Maaaan!

I was about to start that anime, Is it worth it at all?

Interesting Conversationalist

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Its not over yet.
I have to agree it sucks. And the animation is still bad. They need to put more time into making anime have smoother animation.
42rd
SAO is written like a fan-fic. Of course it'll suck to an extent.

Like a fanfic?
Lucidly
So As I Pray
Lucidly
I dropped it since the time jumps were so large that I couldn't take the story seriously. I shouldn't have to read the novel to find out why something happened.

I don't get why you people seriously think watching Kirito grinding constantly would be a good idea.

Besides, thanks to the attempt to condense the first and second novels into one, the anime itself actually has a significantly smaller time skip than the novel. The novel effectively starts with Kirito around level 70-ish and then flashbacks parts leading up to it.
I'm not referring to only grinding. The relationship between Kirito and Asuna also isn't very believable to me because of so little development before it escalated so quickly.

The plot is just as important as the story and I think SAO's plot is done poorly.

They're like 16 and they get married. Weirdos. I've never even thought of that and I'm 16.
bacon is revolting
Midnight Mona
AKA: The biggest disappointment ever.
Started out so badass. Then turned into a teenie love flick.
Indeed, let the flamage begin.
Convince me otherwise with your impractical conjectural smut.

i love this show 4laugh

azusa and kirito moved too fast and there wasn't enough balancing out the sappyness
but i still love them
they are for real which is rare

For real? 16 year olds getting married in this day and age? b***h please

Lavish Lover

gonk All of my what...
This show took a turn that I dislike, but I will keep watching, mainly because it still has an interesting story plot ;w;

In my opinion i find it as a .hack knockoff stare
but at least .hack was x10 better.

Super Noob

Molblin
Maaaan!

Sure. If you're into shows that you watch the first three episodes of,
      and then gradually drop because a depressing lack of substance.

Ihallaw's Significant Otter

Dedicated Capitalist

Ikonic Madarame
42rd
SAO is written like a fan-fic. Of course it'll suck to an extent.

Like a fanfic?

A fanfic. Ever read chapter 16.5?

Fashionable Explorer

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • That One Hero 500
damn…looks like SAO just got more popular as i've seen alotta threads like this float'n around involving this particular anime… xd well like i've said in an older post about this, its quite similar to the whole dot//hack series, and its almost kind of a rip off in a way, (IMO) in which they log in to this rly cool virtual reality world, and alotta stuff happens and all dat jazz…but i'm not one to watch some lame'o lovey-dovey anime, cuz i'm not much of a fan of romance anime anyways..lol sweatdrop but i mean sure there's some rly cool battle sequences in SAO, and dats the only thing i like about it…like if this does end up turn'n out to be an lovey-dovey type between Kirito and Asuna…well idk, i mean i might watch a li'll bit more of it, just to see what would happen next in whatever epi. it is on, but i dun rly care so much bout the relationship between characters in animes, even if it kinda bothers me a li'll bit, but not so much plotwise… razz

so i guess its not all that bad of an anime, i mean i know its obviously not the best anime out there, but hey…its decent enough that i could just watch for a while for the time being… whee

Lonely Phantom

13,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I enjoyed the show but I wish there was more action to it. Like they should have showed how they took down the skull reaper with more detail. Oh and they should have showed more skills being used too, that would have been cool.

Elder

Midnight Mona
Molblin
Maaaan!

Sure. If you're into shows that you watch the first three episodes of,
      and then gradually drop because a depressing lack of substance.

shucks, I get so many of those of late confused

Shadowy Ghost

22,550 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
I agree about SAO being way too over the top silly in their romance. Too much to handle all of a sudden. I thought they were working towards it slowly but then it was boom in our faces.

But on the other side I think it's still sweet, and I do still like the series.

Crossing fingers the next episodes will be less sickening sweatdrop

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Ikonic Madarame
Lucidly
So As I Pray
Lucidly
I dropped it since the time jumps were so large that I couldn't take the story seriously. I shouldn't have to read the novel to find out why something happened.

I don't get why you people seriously think watching Kirito grinding constantly would be a good idea.

Besides, thanks to the attempt to condense the first and second novels into one, the anime itself actually has a significantly smaller time skip than the novel. The novel effectively starts with Kirito around level 70-ish and then flashbacks parts leading up to it.
I'm not referring to only grinding. The relationship between Kirito and Asuna also isn't very believable to me because of so little development before it escalated so quickly.

The plot is just as important as the story and I think SAO's plot is done poorly.

They're like 16 and they get married. Weirdos. I've never even thought of that and I'm 16.

"THEY DON'T DO WHAT I DO THAT'S WEIRD"

that's kind of what you sound like, that argument is pretty weak, yo.
So As I Pray
Ikonic Madarame
Lucidly
So As I Pray
Lucidly

"THEY DON'T DO WHAT I DO THAT'S WEIRD"

that's kind of what you sound like, that argument is pretty weak, yo.

Tell it to someone who cares. Now screw off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff