• Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Twilight Tuesday
XAngelic_MistX
Twilight Tuesday
XAngelic_MistX
Park. P:

Figured, lol. She was Switzerland in Axis Powers Hetalia too, if you've ever seen it. Romi's in, like everything...
Really? No wonder I was like, "That sounds familiar.." I did the same thing about America's seiyuu because America and Soubi from Loveless have the same seiyuu as well. P:

America was also Kamina from Gurren Lagann... I know, like WAY too much crap about seiyuu, lol
xDD! I think it's pretty cool, and maybe you'd win in an anime trivia. I feel sort of bad because now I barely finish any anime. D:
Learning that the man who voices Seto Kaiba is also the Japanese dub actor for Castiel on Supernatural.

And discovering that the voice actor for Spike Spiegel, Koichi Yamadera, is the official actor for Donald Duck in Japan

Chiisana Tantei
xxxxMinami Takayama, Kappei Yamaguchi, Kenichi Ogata, Megumi Hayashibara, and Noriko Hidaka have all had roles in both Detective Conan and Ranma 1/2.

Heck, for that matter so have Yamadera, Rei Sakuma, Sakiko Tamagawa, Yumi Touma, Takeshi Kusao, Kikuko Inoue, Shigeru Chiba, Hiromi Tsuru, Takehito Koyasu, Toshihiko Seki, and the late Hirotaka Suzuoki and Kaneto Shizawa.

Hell, considering how long Detective Conan has been on (over 15 years!) and how many different characters/suspects show up per case and storyline, I think everyone and their mother has been on it.
Chi Kyoki
          yeah, guys. i bet some of you have went out and search the voice actors of some of your favorite anime characters. what are the most surpising discoveries you've ever made and why? i'll tell you mine. it's ******** scary. if not, then just say your favorite va and why.

misaki takahashi (junjou romantica)'s va is also the va for claude faustus (kuroshitsuji) - wtf is this. that's what i thought. from a freaky demonic butler with the lowest voice ever to an adolescent male in a homosexual relationship with a perverted magaka? i was so surprised and i laughed. also, he also voiceovers edward for twilight. /OTL

jun fukuyama - takes voice acting to a whole new level. honestly. ayase yukiya from okane ga nai, then lelouch, then ******** grell sutcliff, kei takishima (my overlord huhu), and keiichi shimizu from la corda d'oro. what a voice difference. he is my favorite japanese actor.

then let's go to daisuke ono, only for the fact he's awesome because he voices sebastian michaelis and shizuo heiwajima. no reason needed.

finally, a scary discovery.
          shinobu from junjou romantica is also kaname kuran from vampire knight - i. flipped. s**t. okay so kaname's all about pride as a pureblood and his superiority over everyone else. shinobu's a ******** crybaby who wants someone's love. japanese people amaze me.

then finally just for the luls my favorite english voice actor is none other than johnny yong bosch. why? because he voices so many notable characters. not to mention my favorite one. emotion_awesome /points to sig lelouch, ichigo, kiba, izaya (though i haven't watched wolf's rain) ... must i go on?

lol text wall sorry guys.

I got a vampire knight one for you here. Mamoru Miyano plays both Zero and Ichiru in the series. He plays his own evil twin brother in the same show.

Shirtless Raider

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
Kazemaru Shichijo

I got a vampire knight one for you here. Mamoru Miyano plays both Zero and Ichiru in the series. He plays his own evil twin brother in the same show.

I know, so funny~
English VA Vic Mignogna or.. whatever.. does the same.
Chi Kyoki
Kazemaru Shichijo

I know, so funny~
English VA Vic Mignogna or.. whatever.. does the same.

Sweet. In terms of English VAs I got one little piece of trivia that I discovered one night.

Johnny Yong Bosch is currently the voice of Ichigo, was the voice of Vash the Stampede, and was the original Black Ranger. The trivia is that Ichigo's color motif is red and black, Vash's is red, and the black ranger's is well black. So go figure.

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
Romi Park voiced Loran Cehack from Turn A Gundam. I had no idea.

Distinct Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Chi Kyoki

misaki takahashi (junjou romantica)'s va is also the va for claude faustus (kuroshitsuji) - wtf is this. that's what i thought. from a freaky demonic butler with the lowest voice ever to an adolescent male in a homosexual relationship with a perverted magaka? i was so surprised and i laughed. also, he also voiceovers edward for twilight. /OTL

Well he WAS in Kuroshitsuji. That SHOULD explain the homosexual adolescent and Twilight roles.

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The lady who voiced Milly and Kuroneko-sama in the Japanese version of Trigun voiced the Sonozaki twins in Higurashi.

Also, the Trigun character of the day Kaite shares the same English VA as the .hack protagonist Kite, both pronounced the same. Just thought that was funny.

When I watched episode 17 of Trigun, I couldn't help but notice that Young Knives sounded exactly like Tai from Digimon. Quick wikipedia search later, and I found out they share the same VA in English. XD

And speaking of Digimon, the guy who voiced Wolfwood in the ENG dub of Trigun wrote the scripts for the dub version of Digimon.

Also, the lady who does Pikachu and Tony Tony Chopper was in a hardcore bondage hentai... cat_sad

Also, Gintoki is Japanese Ragna the Bloodedge.

Also was amusing when I found out two idolm@ster VAs are in Blazblue and Asamingos sang the Continuum Shift II theme in her Chihaya voice.

And you know that feel when you find out Vash was a power ranger.

Also, the queen of tsundere lolis, Rie Kugimiya.... voiced Alphonse Elric.

Not to mention that most of the English cast for Slayers were also on Pokemon.

Dangerous Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A/M/C's Hirako Shinji // Vaizard Fangirlie - - - - <3

THIS.

I watched the Hetalia movie just to hear France's voice. Now France/Shinji's singing voice... that's ridiculously hilarious and adorable.
Kaeyuki
Fuwa No Mi
Kappei Yamaguchi voiced in a hentai, heard it and was like

eek

WHAT?!
mustgofind

Just found it, he was in La Blue Girl

Beloved Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Ulquiorra's seiyuu voices some pretty unexpected roles.
But really, there's just oh-so-many that I can't even list.

Sparkly Star

Daisuke Namikawa voicing Tetsuya in Ouran, as well as hearing Nobuyuki Hiyama in Rurouni Kenshin.

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
I was super-surprised to find that Maes Hughes english voice actor actually wrote the manga I've read and enjoyed, We Shadows. A favorite character and a delightful manga. Well played, sir. Well played.

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Shiozawa Kaneto, who voiced Zato-1one in Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear X, passed away in 2000. Out of respect and honour for him and his memory, Ishiwatari Daisuke killed his character off in the story~ Which is the reason that in Guilty Gear XX and beyond, the character is called 'Eddie' and is the parasite instead of the actual man himself. I didn't know at first, since it would have fit with the storyline very well anyway; but a real-life tragedy was mirrored in a fictional one out of respect for a colleague and friend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff