Welcome to Gaia! ::

Javier Cross

A very bloody shame with what happened to Turn A Gundam getting dub-cancelled out of nowhere when they already had a willing cast at the ready

I don't think it's such a big deal, another company can now pick it up and "supposedly" do it at a lower price. Though knowing Bandai and the price of their licenses, fat chance.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Alright, I'll bite.

Zeta Gundam. Yoooooooo this is my s**t, I love it so much, but it definitely has its problems.
Its pacing is all over the place; it can go from edge of your seat excitement to painstaking slowness in the course of a few episodes.
Notably, that in-between period after they left Earth the first time, and before returning again for Kilimanjaro/Dakar? Terrible.
I was gonna cry I was so disengaged during that cluster of time. But when it got back on the ball, it went strong, so it sorta felt worth the wait?

The relationships, especially between Newtypes, are jarring? I know it's just how Newtypes are, they're so weird, but it just felt like every "life changing" relationship Kamille had was handled sloppily.
Especially Rosamia, I couldn't think of a more pointless sub-plot. She could have been completely removed from the start and affected nothing.
Thankfully, things like this were set aside in the NT movies, but even then, the NT movies are just... okay.

Zeta's secondary cast is also largely unlikable, which is kind of a problem since Zeta loves to give them moments in the spotlight.
However, there are some standouts from the crowd, such as Henken and Apolly, who were absolutely great.

Characters also felt the constant need to set aside logic in battle, and hence forth, always got in trouble.
The ending was really great and chock full of excitement, but when you have level headed people like Emma bouncing out her Gundam and Henken sacrificing his entire ship for her, it's like...
Where did all of your smarts go? Where did your logic and reasoning go? Was Tomino really that desperate for a ~* kill 'em all *~ slaughter fest ending?
Thankfully Katz death was hilarious enough and Emma's final moments with Kamille were touching enough that you can set that issue aside.

Jerrid could have also been handled better. He was set up to be this big bad rival to Kamille, right?
I was with him up until his laughably unglamorous death. It just felt like such a waste of a perfectly decent character.
His arc just POOF, ended like that. All that build up and for what? Absolutely nothing. Start to finish, and nothing.
No final stand off with Kamille, nothing.

Some people would say that Zeta has some stupid MS too, if you're a mech design junkie, but it's like... for every stupid MS like the Bound Doc, you get cool as ******** ones like the Hyaku Shiki, so I feel it's a non-issue.

But it's like, despite that, Zeta has some incredible strengths. Its main cast is fabulous.
Its music is to die for, its battles and mech designs are for the most part, great.
When the plot was moving along, it was moving fast and it was a ton of fun.
The political intrigue was actually really intriguing. The three way fight between the AEUG, Titans and Neo Zeon was awesome.
Scirocco and Haman were really likable villains. They were underhanded and scheming and shitty and UGH but you loved every second of it.
Character cameos from 0079 didn't feel ham-fisted and they flowed really well into the story. Amuro's return? Uggghhh so good.
I also felt like our protag, Kamille, was a really strong one. He really grew and changed through out the story and I really wanted a good end for him.
Char's struggle as Quattro was really, really interesting. I always wanted to see what happened to him next, or what relationship he'd botch up next.
Kamille and Quattro made Zeta for me, they alone could have carried it, really.

So yeah. c':
LegendaryRandomVIllager42
Javier Cross

A very bloody shame with what happened to Turn A Gundam getting dub-cancelled out of nowhere when they already had a willing cast at the ready

I don't think it's such a big deal, another company can now pick it up and "supposedly" do it at a lower price. Though knowing Bandai and the price of their licenses, fat chance.

So much for those odds being too great.
Best hope it's not Harmony Gold picking up the licenses, they were responsible for cutting off Super Robot Wars Alpha 1 from The West after all.

___

I need another show to add to the list, and soon.

Any non-MSG-related shows you could name?
Javier Cross

Best hope it's not Harmony Gold picking up the licenses, they were responsible for cutting off Super Robot Wars Alpha 1 from The West after all.

___

Javier Cross
Javier Cross

___

Related to what and for what purpose, just to watch in future? If you just want pretty good robot show then I guess check out Dougram, Macross SDF, and VOTOMs.
Kaioken Bust Deez Nutz
Pick animes you like or dislike. Say what you like or think could be better. All opinions. If you see someone bash or talk about an anime you like dont insult them. "Everyones a critic"

Im just not so sure how I felt for legend of a Legendary hero. Sometimes it feels rushed I do know final episode was a let down. So its about Ryner Lute a protagonist forced to collect "Hero Relics" with Ferris(Idk what theyre relationship is). Ancient weapons that EVERYONE but Ryner knows how to use apparently. Which is Ironic actually because he is knowledgeable in this plus his eyes sense magic. His eyes are called the Alpha Stigma and if you have them youre treating as the scum of the earth. I find it stupid where everyone who has the Alpha Stigma is only caught killing saving someone and get called a monsters where as guards come strolling in killing everyone with a smile. Like really? This guard just made you an orphan and youre scared of the one who killed him for you? Pretty much if you havent seen it prepare for orphan kids or parents losing their kids. Also child abuse if not murder. But whats worse is they are hated and treated as outcast yet when they make a secluded only for people with the stigma they still get attacked. "They are monsters they shouldnt live." Commonly said by a true monster at heart in this show. I have never felt a hatred for almost all the characters

King Sion Ruler of Roland was supposed to not want people to die and this is where it became difficult for me. He then confirmed a plan to purge nobles who opposed him. I cant tell if he has a split personality. Ill just sum it up Roland and enemy Gastark country are both s**t. Ryner and Clough are the only likeable characters. There might be a season 2 as it left off as a cliffhanger but Idk what to feel. Everyone is just hell bent on killing.

You got more to add, boss?
Let's revitalize matters over here, shall we?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff