Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Sex Symbol

*points to first post*
Let me congratulate you for the following things.
1. Being an idiot.
2. For using copy and paste.
3. Being too ignorant to accept blatent facts.

Grendelrose
Ford Model T.
Bentley Mulsanne.
Dodge Viper.
Lamborghini Countach.
Volkswagen Beetle.
Yugo Koral.
Ford Fairmont.
Porsche 911.
Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Dodge Dart.
Ford Mustang.
Pontiac Sunfire.
Alfa Romeo Spider.
Bentley Corniche.
Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I.

They are all built with different techniques. They all have different levels of quality. They all have widely different costs to purchase, insure, maintain . . . even fuel. Yet, they all possess one quality that marks them as being the same. They're all types of automobile that are commonly referred to as "cars."

Similarly, just because you choose to attach some sort of stigma to the word "cartoon" doesn't mean it applies to Japanese animation any less. It doesn't. Just because you want the word "anime" to only apply to animation from ONE country doesn't mean it doesn't refer to animation from ALL countries. It does. No matter what counby it's from, no matter how it's drawn (or modeled in the case of certain Tim Burton animated movies), no matter what you TRY to say is different about it, essentially, in all the ways that count, they're the same.

Now, shut up and accept that anime is japanese cartoons. Sheesh, it's really not that big a deal.
"OH NO!121 ANIME ISH NOT TEH CARTOONZ1123!1one"
Yes, it is. And if you don't like it, then go find something else that interests you. Like playing in traffic maybe, or chainsaw juggling.
I do not recommend playing in traffic, it hurts
I call It anime Not anything else my parents dont see wht I like about it so much or anything they think its all the same and everything was made by the same ppl o-o man i hate that and plus I think aniime is better then wht The U.S can make whn it comes to "cartoons"
hororo-chan FINALLY!!! I am not the only one! I'm so tired of posting this over and over again. It really does make a difference and there is a difference between 'cartoon' and 'animation' though I must admit that some anime is cartoon.

Cartoon is (according to the dictionary) A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation or a humorous or satirical representation. I will use as an example, Elmer Fudd to clarify.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Alright now take a look...His nose...have you ever seen anyone with a huge nose like that? Sure you've seen big nosed people but in cartooning, the features are exagerated.
Animation is more life-like and not necissarily humerously drawn or satirically drawn.
Now as I said, this does not apply to all anime. Some are cartoons but some are also animation. But in order to avoid confusion is should be called Animation because the majority of it is Animation.

Just some advice from someone who's taken a few high school art classes.
Tsukasa Elric
*points to first post*
Let me congratulate you for the following things.
1. Being an idiot.
2. For using copy and paste.
3. Being too ignorant to accept blatent facts.

Grendelrose
Ford Model T.
Bentley Mulsanne.
Dodge Viper.
Lamborghini Countach.
Volkswagen Beetle.
Yugo Koral.
Ford Fairmont.
Porsche 911.
Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Dodge Dart.
Ford Mustang.
Pontiac Sunfire.
Alfa Romeo Spider.
Bentley Corniche.
Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud I.

They are all built with different techniques. They all have different levels of quality. They all have widely different costs to purchase, insure, maintain . . . even fuel. Yet, they all possess one quality that marks them as being the same. They're all types of automobile that are commonly referred to as "cars."

Similarly, just because you choose to attach some sort of stigma to the word "cartoon" doesn't mean it applies to Japanese animation any less. It doesn't. Just because you want the word "anime" to only apply to animation from ONE country doesn't mean it doesn't refer to animation from ALL countries. It does. No matter what counby it's from, no matter how it's drawn (or modeled in the case of certain Tim Burton animated movies), no matter what you TRY to say is different about it, essentially, in all the ways that count, they're the same.

Now, shut up and accept that anime is japanese cartoons. Sheesh, it's really not that big a deal.
"OH NO!121 ANIME ISH NOT TEH CARTOONZ1123!1one"
Yes, it is. And if you don't like it, then go find something else that interests you. Like playing in traffic maybe, or chainsaw juggling.
I do not recommend playing in traffic, it hurts
But . . . then those of us who know HOW to juggle chainsaws will be made to suffer because of the amateurs who cut themselves to ribbons. And don't even get me started on the playing in traffic.

"Little Timmy was playing in the street, yes. But there was no warning label NOT to play in the street!"
sha_pirotess
hororo-chan FINALLY!!! I am not the only one! I'm so tired of posting this over and over again. It really does make a difference and there is a difference between 'cartoon' and 'animation' though I must admit that some anime is cartoon.

Cartoon is (according to the dictionary) A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation or a humorous or satirical representation. I will use as an example, Elmer Fudd to clarify.
Alright now take a look...His nose...have you ever seen anyone with a huge nose like that? Sure you've seen big nosed people but in cartooning, the features are exagerated.
Animation is more life-like and not necissarily humerously drawn or satirically drawn.
Now as I said, this does not apply to all anime. Some are cartoons but some are also animation. But in order to avoid confusion is should be called Animation because the majority of it is Animation.

Just some advice from someone who's taken a few high school art classes.

As opposed to...
THIS?

and, when is the last time you've seen someone with Eyes as big as anime characters, or mouths that small?
you want to talk "Accurate portrayals of human proportions" you have to look elsewhere.
Miss.Chidori
I call it anime, not anything else. My parents dont see what I like about it so much <-- [you didn't need to add this, the sentence makes no sense grammatically.] or anything <-- [again, why is this here?] They think it's all the same and everything was made by the same people o-o Man, I hate that and plus <-- [what you've basically done here is say "and" twice] I think anime is better that what the U.S can make when it comes to "cartoons"

User Image
Salmay
hororo-chan
WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO MEAN!!! crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
I didnt mean to offend anyone??? crying

They live to be offended. Don't worry about it.

Yes what she said. (No offense meant if not a she.) Anyways, thanks for info. But people can call "anime" what they want.
Trick Question

As opposed to...
THIS?

and, when is the last time you've seen someone with Eyes as big as anime characters, or mouths that small?
you want to talk "Accurate portrayals of human proportions" you have to look elsewhere.

Ah but then I said not all anime was Animation now didn't I? Some are cartoons but there are many non-cartoon anime as well. Not all anime has large eyes and small mouths either. There are so many different styles of anime that you can't really catogorize it all into one thing.
Trick Question

The cuteness burns my soul like Greek fire gonk heart

Professional Witch

sha_pirotess

Ah but then I said not all anime was Animation now didn't I? Some are cartoons but there are many non-cartoon anime as well. Not all anime has large eyes and small mouths either. There are so many different styles of anime that you can't really catogorize it all into one thing.
No, no. They're all cartoons. Maybe, advanced cartoons, if you want to put it. Not all cartoons have to be for children. But trust me on this one. They're cartoons.
Good post. domokun
sha_pirotess
Trick Question

As opposed to...
THIS?

All anime is animation, all cartoons are animation, cartoons=anime.

Edit: Owned by www.dictionary.com

"The creation of artificial moving images."
sha_pirotess
Trick Question

As opposed to...
THIS?

See..
all Anime IS animation.
it IS.
that's what the word MEANS.
sha_pirotess

How is it that not all anime is Animation? In the first post, the article says that the Japanese refered to their Animation as anime.

Not all American Animations are simplistic in appearence (like South Park), just like not every American Animation has a huge level of detail put into it (like Titan A.E.).

If you can't call all animated shows from Japan 'anime', you can't call a show from anywhere else a 'cartoon' either. There are simply too many different styles to peg them down into their own category. Therefore, they must be grouped into one lump category, Animation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff