Welcome to Gaia! ::

I honestly don't think it was bad, but it wasn't the best I've ever seen either. I don't think it's worth to spend your time watching more than the actual Sword Art Online-part though (I believe it's until episode 13 or something), because the rest is pretty bad.

Kris Tuesti's Queen

Toxic Mystic

11,125 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Streaker 200

I don't think it's bad. I think the ending was stupid. It's interesting i guess. Iunno. It certainly isn't my go to anime.
I haven't watched the anime, but I liked the manga

Lonely Gaian

Watching only the anime, I enjoyed SAO... and those 13 episodes. After that it went shitty fast with an incestual relationship. And its not anime unless they throw in as many boob shoots as possible and even a rape scene. Just awful.
To be honest, I haven't seen the anime. I'm currently 3/4 through the novel. And no, it's not bad if we're talking about plot and setting. I love playing video games and the idea of getting trapped in one fascinates me greatly. Then you have the whole sci-fi element in a middle-ages type of setting. It's cool!

But now let's talk some about characters. stare

Ugh. Kirito. He's just... *pulls hair* He tries too hard to be one of those cool loner characters. Seriously, he walks around the first part of the book like, "I'm a loner, people. A rebel." But he's not. He's just some teenage kid laying in bed somewhere with a headset strapped to his face. He acts like he's a total expert at SAO, just 'cause he's a beta tester. AHEMGARYSTUAHEM. I dunno. I liked him at first, but then I just got bored listening to him whine about his damn greatness.

Then there's Asuna. evil I really really really tried to like her. I promise I really did. And at first, I did like her. For all of 10 pages. I dislike how one second she's like, "I don't wanna be part of the KoB!!! Waahhh, Kirito, save me from them!! crying " But then the next second she's acting all Mary Sueish. It's flimsy character development. Plus the fact that she's so perfect. Honestly, she has no faults. Perfect bod, high status, fast, smart, kind, gentle, caring, honorable. She's like a goddess. Its annoying.

The only one I like is Klein. He should be the main character. Oh, and I like Agil too. And Kuradeel was cool
until he went f***** crazy.
Actually no, he was better than Kirito when he did that.

Plus, rushed relationships. stare One second Asuna and Kirito are arguing like little kids, the next second Kirito's like, "Asuna, let's sleep together!!" (I kid you not, he said that.) In the matter of, like, one chapter. You don't get to see their relationship grow one bit. It's boring and just adds to their perfection.

Anyway, I'm not hating on it. If you just had other characters in it, it'd be pretty awesome. And I will finish it because I want to see how it ends. But if Asuna and Kirito are as annoying in the anime as in the novel, I won't be watching it.

Don't take what I'm saying as hate towards the series. It's cool if you like it. It's not a bad book. It's just not great either. sad

Devoted Seeker

15,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Fusion Master 1000
Zelda_Lynn
To be honest, I haven't seen the anime. I'm currently 3/4 through the novel. And no, it's not bad if we're talking about plot and setting. I love playing video games and the idea of getting trapped in one fascinates me greatly. Then you have the whole sci-fi element in a middle-ages type of setting. It's cool!
<---AGREE 1,000%

Zelda_Lynn
Ugh. Kirito. He's just... *pulls hair* He tries too hard to be one of those cool loner characters. Seriously, he walks around the first part of the book like, "I'm a loner, people. A rebel." But he's not. He's just some teenage kid laying in bed somewhere with a headset strapped to his face. He acts like he's a total expert at SAO, just 'cause he's a beta tester. AHEMGARYSTUAHEM. I dunno. I liked him at first, but then I just got bored listening to him whine about his damn greatness.
I guess he was a bit overly pompous..if they made him more humble I think he would have been perfect to fill a role of a hero, oh and make it so it toke more time for him to become this great player...and eh, well I thought he was a loner, in the real world also and that was the reason he played games 24/7, like a drug to escape reality?

Zelda_Lynn
Then there's Asuna. evil I really really really tried to like her. I promise I really did. And at first, I did like her. For all of 10 pages. I dislike how one second she's like, "I don't wanna be part of the KoB!!! Waahhh, Kirito, save me from them!! crying " But then the next second she's acting all Mary Sueish. It's flimsy character development. Plus the fact that she's so perfect. Honestly, she has no faults. Perfect bod, high status, fast, smart, kind, gentle, caring, honorable. She's like a goddess. Its annoying.
*nod nod* loved her when she wasn't shown as this over glorified person of skill, she acted like she was the s**t and was mean a lot at times, also hate when they make a character perfection, with male or female..

Zelda_Lynn
Plus, rushed relationships. stare One second Asuna and Kirito are arguing like little kids, the next second Kirito's like, "Asuna, let's sleep together!!" (I kid you not, he said that.) In the matter of, like, one chapter. You don't get to see their relationship grow one bit. It's boring and just adds to their perfection.
They should have so saved that for SAO 2, like they go "I like you as a friend, maybe a little more but...let's meat in the real world first and...be friends..good friend though *smile*" cause ya they did escape death together but, it wasn't really...together, virtually doesn't count. lol your comments were to perfect for me to not reply too)
Thanks! whee

Yeah, I agree with what you said about Kirito -- a bit more humble, a lot less... whatever he was. And yeah, I figured he was a loner IRL too, but it seemed like he was TRYING too much to be like the Vegeta or Sasuke, of Sword Art Online -- distant and cold. When he's really not. To me, it just seemed like he took advantage of being in a game where no one knows the real him. Which would be fine... if he didn't do it all the dang time!

And yeah, Asuna was a bit mean. She yells and whines and bleck. And then that scene where she randomly takes off her gersh darned clothes and is like, "Kirito, my body is reaaady~" I was like: WTF ASUNA? THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? (I was in the middle of class reading that part and everyone wanted to know why the heck I was blushing so much. mad ) Unnecessary fan service. It came out of nowhere and made me like Asuna a little less for doing something so... well... whatever.

And yeah, if they had built up the relationship over the WHOLE book (not in a grand total of 7 chapters) it would have been fine. It was just too rushed and BAM -- we love each other now. It would have been kina cute to see them fall for each other slowly -- y'know, the awkward "I like you... Er, not like that, but, er well... *starts blushing*" And true, true, they didn't even really know each other, technically speaking. This is like me falling in love with Link and expecting us to marry one day. It's just a game.
Zelda_Lynn
Thanks! whee

Yeah, I agree with what you said about Kirito -- a bit more humble, a lot less... whatever he was. And yeah, I figured he was a loner IRL too, but it seemed like he was TRYING too much to be like the Vegeta or Sasuke, of Sword Art Online -- distant and cold. When he's really not. To me, it just seemed like he took advantage of being in a game where no one knows the real him. Which would be fine... if he didn't do it all the dang time!

And yeah, Asuna was a bit mean. She yells and whines and bleck. And then that scene where she randomly takes off her gersh darned clothes and is like, "Kirito, my body is reaaady~" I was like: WTF ASUNA? THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? (I was in the middle of class reading that part and everyone wanted to know why the heck I was blushing so much. mad ) Unnecessary fan service. It came out of nowhere and made me like Asuna a little less for doing something so... well... whatever.

And yeah, if they had built up the relationship over the WHOLE book (not in a grand total of 7 chapters) it would have been fine. It was just too rushed and BAM -- we love each other now. It would have been kina cute to see them fall for each other slowly -- y'know, the awkward "I like you... Er, not like that, but, er well... *starts blushing*" And true, true, they didn't even really know each other, technically speaking. This is like me falling in love with Link and expecting us to marry one day. It's just a game.

Come visit me at Buttercup Cafe soon, okay? There are tons of yummy sweets there, and I can't eat them all by myself! Well, maybe I could. On second thought, maybe you should visit later.

Familiar Poster

The only good thing about Sword art online is the animation and the sound track.
its pretty ok

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces