Welcome to Gaia! ::

But not too horrific.

The theme for Teen Read Week this year is Horror!

I would like to purchase some horror graphic novels and manga to use for the Teen Read Week displays and collections. We have included supernatural themes to help add to the collection.

Obviously, we can't go too horrific.

Does anyone have any suggestions for possible titles?

"Berserk" is not appropriate.

"Vampire Game" is acceptable.

"Hellboy" is under discussion.

"Hellsing" is not acceptable.

"Bleach" might work, but I have only seen one review and the preview in "Shonen Jump" magazine.

I thought "Rebirth" would work, but my collegue thought the large-breasted women needed more clothing. I argued that the guys seemed to run around with no shirts on, thus giving parity, but she said no.
Priest perhaps? I never read it but it looks horrorfull.
Lament of the Lamb, it doesen't have nudity and the such from what i have seen, i have both the manga and anime. Very sad. Bloood.
the ring maybe
uzimaki and gyo and anything else done by junji ito
. Very sad. eek

8,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I really enjoyed Bleach, erm, other then that i don't really know any horror manga's.
petshop of horror?
I've heard of the Hino Horror Series, but I don't know where to find them...

The Barnes & Noble of my area does not stock it... stare
irilia
petshop of horror?

That's actually not a horror manga. . whee
paradoxical
irilia
petshop of horror?

That's actually not a horror manga. . whee

Might count for supernatural, though. I've seen a couple of episodes of the anime, but I wasn't sure if the manga was more hardcore.

Dapper Gaian

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
shutterbox is a pretty good, horror manga.
3x3 eyes isnt really scary but its defintly wierd and supernatural.
Out of morbid (no pun intended) curiosity, why exactly is Hellsing "inappropriate?" Seemed pretty good to me for a horror-themed creation.
There's one called GYO, but I only know that it's a "differerent" type of horror manga, I really don't have much of a clue on it
Zio the Black Magician
Out of morbid (no pun intended) curiosity, why exactly is Hellsing "inappropriate?" Seemed pretty good to me for a horror-themed creation.

Too much blood. Same reason why the new graphic novel adaptation of "Jekyll and Hyde" had to be put in adult Fiction, even though the original book is also available in the juvenile fiction section.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff