• Swap Meet 100
Princess of the Crows
Yumiko Matsumoto
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto
Fragment is getting its multi-player revived?omaigad

You look a lot like the former Terror of Death himself, actually.
What an honor to meet you, actually.

I try to look like him.

Man does it show.
In any case, you are interesting, and your thoughts on the dot hack(.hack) universe having a snowball's shot in hell at returning to the global public officially?

Maybe If someone makes a 100% English DotHack//fragment & the game gets a lot of people playing It online(+ buy the original .hack//fragment game)a new .hack mmo could be made,Or maybe a game that looks like .hack.

There's still copyright issues. Even what Cold Bird is doing is only doable because there was no licensed release of .hack//Fragement here.

I think Coldbird will be fine because look at Final fantasy type -0,It was released on the psp In japan only but Skybladecloud made a 100 english patch & released It some time ago (I played It on my psp omg such a sad ending) & since he made It square Enix decided to make a Hd remastered version for the ps4/xbox one of the Final Fantasy type -0 game.
Yumiko Matsumoto
Princess of the Crows
Yumiko Matsumoto
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto

I try to look like him.

Man does it show.
In any case, you are interesting, and your thoughts on the dot hack(.hack) universe having a snowball's shot in hell at returning to the global public officially?

Maybe If someone makes a 100% English DotHack//fragment & the game gets a lot of people playing It online(+ buy the original .hack//fragment game)a new .hack mmo could be made,Or maybe a game that looks like .hack.

There's still copyright issues. Even what Cold Bird is doing is only doable because there was no licensed release of .hack//Fragement here.

I think Coldbird will be fine because look at Final fantasy type -0,It was released on the psp In japan only but Skybladecloud made a 100 english patch & released It some time ago (I played It on my psp omg such a sad ending) & since he made It square Enix decided to make a Hd remastered version for the ps4/xbox one of the Final Fantasy type -0 game.

You mind sharing more by all means?
I wanna learn more about that if you don't mind.

Unbeatable Prophet

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Swap Meet 100
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto
Princess of the Crows
Yumiko Matsumoto
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto

I try to look like him.

Man does it show.

This is the website where the english patch for Final Fantasy type -0 got released(I got It from there too)
-------&Click me

And this is Square Enix announcing the game for ps4/xbox one(Its coming for ps4 though)
----&Click me 2

-----Game got announced for ps4 only(not xbox one/ps vita)------

---&proof that its for ps4 only
Yumiko Matsumoto
Javier Cross
Yumiko Matsumoto
Princess of the Crows
Yumiko Matsumoto

This is the website where the english patch for Final Fantasy type -0 got released(I got It from there too)
-------&Click me

And this is Square Enix announcing the game for ps4/xbox one(Its coming for ps4 though)
----&Click me 2

-----Game got announced for ps4 only(not xbox one/ps vita)------

---&proof that its for ps4 only

I ought to go have a look at all those links, later though.
I'm interested to say the least regardless.
I got it working, and this is amazing! Great work!!
Angry Nine_Tails137
I recently bought Funimation's .Hack//Quantum Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
However, I'm new to the .Hack series. So, I haven't seen any of the other series Yet! Plus, I get the Feeling I need to watch the other .Hack Series before I start watching "Quantum", or I won't understand the Story and/or Concept.

So, what do you guys suggest I do?
.hack//Quantum is a great pick-up-and-go series that you don't need any prior knowledge for. Go ahead an watch it! If you like it, then you have a lot of options as to what to watch next. If you like the characters Shamrock, Asta, and IYOTEN in Quantum and have a PS2, I would suggest playing .hack//G.U. You'll get a lot of background, and see where they come from. They also all appear in the anime .hack//Roots. If you want to understand how everything started, you could go many years back and watch .hack//SIGN. If you want to see another standalone story like Quantum, watch .hack//The Movie. If you want to understand why Quantum happened, then after you're done watch the .hack//Link story videos my team put on Youtube. If you want to learn about The One Sin, read .hack//AI Buster. But Quantum really is a standalone story, it's how I introduced a friend to .hack and he liked it a lot.
Solar
I got it working, and this is amazing! Great work!!
Angry Nine_Tails137
I recently bought Funimation's .Hack//Quantum Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
However, I'm new to the .Hack series. So, I haven't seen any of the other series Yet! Plus, I get the Feeling I need to watch the other .Hack Series before I start watching "Quantum", or I won't understand the Story and/or Concept.

So, what do you guys suggest I do?
.hack//Quantum is a great pick-up-and-go series that you don't need any prior knowledge for. Go ahead an watch it! If you like it, then you have a lot of options as to what to watch next. If you like the characters Shamrock, Asta, and IYOTEN in Quantum and have a PS2, I would suggest playing .hack//G.U. You'll get a lot of background, and see where they come from. They also all appear in the anime .hack//Roots. If you want to understand how everything started, you could go many years back and watch .hack//SIGN. If you want to see another standalone story like Quantum, watch .hack//The Movie. If you want to understand why Quantum happened, then after you're done watch the .hack//Link story videos my team put on Youtube. If you want to learn about The One Sin, read .hack//AI Buster. But Quantum really is a standalone story, it's how I introduced a friend to .hack and he liked it a lot.

Any news with Funimation doing the re-releases of the earlier series on Hulu and Netflix, yet?
They licensed SIGN, Udeden, Roots, and Trilogy, but never stated what they'd do with them. Whether this is a DVD or streaming release or simply just an option grab remains to be seen. Either way, don't expect true HD for anything before Roots (e.g. SIGN, Udeden), since that would require an HD remaster in Japan first, which hasn't happened yet. A Roots blu-ray is possible since it aired that way, but since it hasn't been released in a format other than DVD in Japan yet, the licensors would probably not like idea of making the domestic market DOA by releasing a bilingual HD copy in America, which is in the sample blu-ray lockdown region as Japan but sells movies at a third of the going rate in Japan. A Trilogy blu-ray release here is long overdue, though, since everyone who wants it in Japan has already bought it. Unfortunately what they should have licensed is .hack//The Movie, since overall it's much better and more of an actual film than Trilogy. They most likely made this move because it was cheap/straightforward to assume the existing licenses from the defunct Bandai Entertainment, and because Quantum sold well. The HD limitation might currently be holding them back from doing anything with it, though. Who wants to buy low-quality anime at full price in 2014? The streaming option may require additional licensing that they couldn't assume from Bandai Entertainment, and FUNimation has shown in the past that they can let themselves get totally thrashed by contract terms. Eva 3.33 still isn't out yet!
Solar
They licensed SIGN, Udeden, Roots, and Trilogy, but never stated what they'd do with them. Whether this is a DVD or streaming release or simply just an option grab remains to be seen. Either way, don't expect true HD for anything before Roots (e.g. SIGN, Udeden), since that would require an HD remaster in Japan first, which hasn't happened yet. A Roots blu-ray is possible since it aired that way, but since it hasn't been released in a format other than DVD in Japan yet, the licensors would probably not like idea of making the domestic market DOA by releasing a bilingual HD copy in America, which is in the sample blu-ray lockdown region as Japan but sells movies at a third of the going rate in Japan. A Trilogy blu-ray release here is long overdue, though, since everyone who wants it in Japan has already bought it. Unfortunately what they should have licensed is .hack//The Movie, since overall it's much better and more of an actual film than Trilogy. They most likely made this move because it was cheap/straightforward to assume the existing licenses from the defunct Bandai Entertainment, and because Quantum sold well. The HD limitation might currently be holding them back from doing anything with it, though. Who wants to buy low-quality anime at full price in 2014? The streaming option may require additional licensing that they couldn't assume from Bandai Entertainment, and FUNimation has shown in the past that they can let themselves get totally thrashed by contract terms. Eva 3.33 still isn't out yet!

Either way you look at it, gut hunch says this may take a while but either way, they ought to be licensing the movie as well as to find a way to bridge the gaps of the past as well, actually.

If the Modern Potter-world is expecting a return later this month at July 31st, should this not be a bad prank, I reckon its high-time the Dot Hack(.hack) universe does the same.
After all, if it didn't end at the G.U era, it makes the most sense to keep rolling until a *New* Proper Resolution point may happen anyway as there's still things to complete.
They definitely doubled-down on loose ends with Thanatos Report and the .hack//Ch channel webcast. They picked up the Tail Concerto universe after 10 years so I figure we haven't seen the end of .hack. The question is simply where the money would come from.
Solar
They definitely doubled-down on loose ends with Thanatos Report and the .hack//Ch channel webcast. They picked up the Tail Concerto universe after 10 years so I figure we haven't seen the end of .hack. The question is simply where the money would come from.

The Loose ends keep on piling up, not unlike the frequencies shown in The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher in fact, except its more 'toned-down'(matter of speaking) for more public audiences without being disrespectful in the process.

An actual Dot Hack(.hack) CH Channel Webcast!?

Where be the links for that?
It was a live stream and ended last year, but CC2 put recordings of the first three episodes on NicoNico, and then put six more on Youtube. I can't find Episode 7. I already translated the important information—including that episode—on Dothackers, I doubt anyone is ever going to subtitle these (this is ten hours of content, the equivalent of 30 episodes of anime, and a lot of it is just goofing off) but you could always suggest it to Kazetrigger. There are certainly a lot of things that are higher priority. Right now my girlfriend and I are working on translating .hack//Legacy, which takes place in Summer 2011 and explains what happens to Kite, where Zelkova comes from, and why Moon Tree exists.

For NicoNico, you can use the username/password: nikoguest@gmail.com/nikoguest

Episode 0
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 1
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 2
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 8

Episode 9 (Final) - We are all Tanaka!!

In the last couple of videos they discussed how the player is actually playing as Tanaka in .hack//Versus, so theat's the joke in the final video. They discuss a divide in MaMa about the importance of Aura, which helps connect .hack//bullet to Thanatos Report and any potential sequel. I've posted more information from these videos on Dothackers. In the end, the main thing we learned from these webcasts is that only a few hundred fans fully understand the plot at this point...

It still hasn't been addressed, but Tanaka was a transfer student from the Tokyo area (earlier in the year, before the movie takes place), which might connect him back even further in the .hack timeline. If they wanted to make it really silly, he could be Yasuhiko's brother.
Solar
It was a live stream and ended last year, but CC2 put recordings of the first three episodes on NicoNico, and then put six more on Youtube. I can't find Episode 7. I already translated the important information—including that episode—on Dothackers, I doubt anyone is ever going to subtitle these but you could always suggest it to Kazetrigger. There are certainly a lot of things that are higher priority. Right now my girlfriend and I are working on translating .hack//Legacy, which takes place in Summer 2011 and explains what happens to Kite, where Zelkova comes from, and why Moon Tree exists.

For NicoNico, you can use the username/password: nikoguest@gmail.com/nikoguest

Episode 0
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 1
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 2
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 8

Episode 9 (Final) - We are all Tanaka!!

In the last couple of videos they discussed how the player is actually playing as Tanaka in .hack//Versus, so that's the joke in the final video. They discuss a divide in MaMa about the importance of Aura, which helps connect .hack//bullet to Thanatos Report and any potential sequel. I've posted more information from these videos on Dothackers.

Mind linking out the translations by all means?
I'd want to read it.
Unfortunately it's scattered across many plot discussion threads (and I definitely recommend reading our discussion threads), but here's one. In fact, I just updated it after going through all the trouble of making that list.
Solar
Unfortunately it's scattered across many plot discussion threads (and I definitely recommend reading our discussion threads), but here's one. In fact, I just updated it after going through all the trouble of making that list.

This site's sounding more like the closest to Pottermore one can find nowadays, and I seldom go on Potter-more at this time either.
I reckon I feel interested.
Someone has to keep the discussions alive, I don't want to risk its demise in case the Boss goes absent again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff