Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Phantom

It was a good anime a little slow but quick to get you absord into it. The characters where all awaome. Lin Monk and Aiko where my fav.The cases were all a bit diffrent but still ghosts. My fav was the bloody one. Had some horror in it cuz someone finally dies inthe anime. The mystary of naru. Theres still many unanswered questions. But over all one of my fav. Even if there were some little things i didnt like.

Anyone else seen it? I definitly recomand it.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I love ghost hunt. I think I've watched it almost once a year since I bought it on DVD over five years ago. Generally speaking I think I like the later cases/second half of the show better. Bloodstained labyrinth is definitely the creepiest, but I also really like the one's before and after it.

You and I have the same favorite characters. Or at least I think, by Aiko you meant Ayako right? The red haired priestess lady?

Dapper Detective

4,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tipsy 100
Japan does horror better than anyone.
God but the fact that all the men worked out whathisface's secret (it's been a while) but the women were out of the loop until the end pissed me off, especially since there's no excuse -- narratively, it would have worked better to have the protagonist figure it out gradually instead of infodumping at the end. NO EXCUSE.

Sparkling Streaker

11,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The manga continues of the last episode, there is also a sequel manga

Clockwork Alchemist

34,775 Points
  • There are two sides... 50
  • ...to every story! 25
  • Low-Rank Private 25
Ghost Hunt is one of my favourite anime. I like all the cases, but Bloodstained Labyrinth is definitely my favourite. I usually rewatch it around Halloween, if not some other time during the year.

The manga's pretty good too, from what I've read of it.

It's one of the series I tend to recommend to people.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I wrote a review of it last year... It's one of my personal favorite horror titles, although I like Higurashi quite a bit more.

I may be the only person who liked the final story arc more than the Bloodstained Labyrinth, though...

Astral Phantom

Winniwyn
I love ghost hunt. I think I've watched it almost once a year since I bought it on DVD over five years ago. Generally speaking I think I like the later cases/second half of the show better. Bloodstained labyrinth is definitely the creepiest, but I also really like the one's before and after it.

You and I have the same favorite characters. Or at least I think, by Aiko you meant Ayako right? The red haired priestess lady?

Yes her. I wasnt sure how to right and well aiko is common name.
Yes ); I wanted to cry with the one about the kid stuck on top of the church. He couldnt talk or scream for help T^T.

Astral Phantom

lollipopsy
Japan does horror better than anyone.
God but the fact that all the men worked out whathisface's secret (it's been a while) but the women were out of the loop until the end pissed me off, especially since there's no excuse -- narratively, it would have worked better to have the protagonist figure it out gradually instead of infodumping at the end. NO EXCUSE.

True ayako never did anything but in the end tho it was beautiful her ritual. And another mai always got saved at the last second. She honestly didn't do much but with her courage I guess it was fine. Overall no problem.

Shy Seeker

Ayako's banter is amusing, and I like her voice actors as well. :3

I still need to check out the manga at some point because the one downside of the anime series is that even though the final individual arc is resolved, it totally feels like the TV series could have continued further. I want to know more about Naru's powers after his abrupt display of them.

Winniwyn
Generally speaking I think I like the later cases/second half of the show better.

Yes, I feel the same way about the later arcs being better. ^^

The Fullmetal Narcissist
I may be the only person who liked the final story arc more than the Bloodstained Labyrinth, though...

Nope, you're not! Both are good, but I also like the last one more.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Harmonic Tune
Winniwyn

Yes her. I wasnt sure how to right and well aiko is common name.
Yes ); I wanted to cry with the one about the kid stuck on top of the church. He couldnt talk or scream for help T^T.

I love that Christmas story arc because of how heavily Lin is featured in it, but at the same time I can barely stand to watch it because its so sad!

Bashful Bloodsucker

7,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
The Fullmetal Narcissist
I wrote a review of it last year... It's one of my personal favorite horror titles, although I like Higurashi quite a bit more.

By the final story arc, do you mean the unanimated chapter? I loved it the most too, and thought t was even creepier than Bloodstained Labyrinth, especially because of
how they were each gradually forgetting the others that were with them. The way Naru's hand in Mai's after they were blocked from each other turned slowly to that of a skeleton was really horrifying too.

I'd definitely recommend reading the last arc to anyone who enjoyed the anime, even if you don't usually like reading manga. Its a short arc, and provides closure to Naru's mystery, that remains unresolved in the anime.

Bashful Bloodsucker

7,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
lollipopsy

Well, the way I see it, Mai not knowing about Vlad the Impaler and Mary Bethany to work out the connection between "Urado" and what she went through in her dream is believable enough, since she's just a high (or middle) school girl after all. It was a pretty obscure connection to make even for the others - especially as Mai didn't tell them about her dream about the bathtub filled with blood (that might have been a possible clue) and in the other dream she didn't see what her blood was being used for. A lot of of the "horrific satanic" rituals we come across in the horror genre talk about the use of blood.

Ayako was, from what I understood, not as much of an expert in the world of vengeful spirits as, say, Lin or Naru. Mary Bethany's legend might not be not as well-known in Japan (it definitely isn't in my country) .

Lin, on the other hand, is obviously pretty well-researched in these areas, as is Naru. As for John, I think that for Christian 'exorcists', the legend of Dracula, who is often compared to a demon, might have been more accessible and so the legends associated with it. If I were to place my bets on someone working it out, I'd definitely bet on either Naru or Lin.

Harmonic Tune
True ayako never did anything but in the end tho it was beautiful her ritual. And another mai always got saved at the last second. She honestly didn't do much but with her courage I guess it was fine. Overall no problem.

I know it seems like Ayako never did anything compared to the others, but she actually does quite a bit though most of it is low-key - especially in the last animated story arc. She makes the protection charms, performs an exorcism (after which that spirit possesses Naru) and the large-scale purification. I'm not counting the time she fought off the spirits along with everyone in the house and in the cave. But as you said, compared to the others she gets little action.
Her purification ritual at the end makes up for it though. She looks so at peace and in her element during that.

As for Mai, I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with you. Mai's psychic dreams provide a large help to everyone, and act as important clues towards solving cases. Without her, the Urado case might have taken longer to piece together, and they almost certainly wouldn't have found Masako in time, if ever. And in the final manga arc that wasn't animated,
she's the one who solves the case.

Astral Phantom

GuardianCentauri
Ayako's banter is amusing, and I like her voice actors as well. :3

I still need to check out the manga at some point because the one downside of the anime series is that even though the final individual arc is resolved, it totally feels like the TV series could have continued further. I want to know more about Naru's powers after his abrupt display of them.
+Bump x +

The last episode did leave the anime like more would follow. i actually expected a second season or something so i wont have to read xP but it was good so i might give it a shot. And what the heck is naru. need more juicy details along with lin and maybe a bit with monk or ayako seens i like them most
classified_omnomgrunny

Astral Phantom

Harmonic Tune

I know it seems like Ayako never did anything compared to the others, but she actually does quite a bit though most of it is low-key - especially in the last animated story arc. She makes the protection charms, performs an exorcism (after which that spirit possesses Naru) and the large-scale purification. I'm not counting the time she fought off the spirits along with everyone in the house and in the cave. But as you said, compared to the others she gets little action.
Her purification ritual at the end makes up for it though. She looks so at peace and in her element during that.

As for Mai, I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with you. Mai's psychic dreams provide a large help to everyone, and act as important clues towards solving cases. Without her, the Urado case might have taken longer to piece together, and they almost certainly wouldn't have found Masako in time, if ever. And in the final manga arc that wasn't animated,
she's the one who solves the case.
+Bump x +

ok yeah her her dreams are pertty awesome.. and terrifying but i wasnt buying all that. i mean did naru know she was special? is that why he hired her after the 1st case. the naru in her dreams is the real naru? how come she didnt have all of does powers before until now? i guess i have to read but tend to not like characters with a boost. well i guess ill read further eventually tho i would mind some spoilers ;p
classified_omnomgrunny
I like the religious pluralism in this show and the comment they make with the priestess who is not very priestess-like, because she represents the Japanese spirit amidst modernity, getting swept up and forgotten, which was the whole point of the last arc, you have an angry god who doesn't get the respect it deserves so it starts doing what the gods of the old days did, murdering people - Naru reclaims the domain in the name of humanity, asserting humanity's value and presence over the sacred force that demanded respect.

I'm not too sure what to make of it, other than putting in the context of a lot of Japanese authors writing near the Meiji Restoration and development of Japanese empire and post-war, like Natsume Soseki, who saw that the Japanese people were stumbling about, having an identity crisis and were collapsing under the stress of losing the old and working themselves into the new, hoping that the Japanese may find their way in the new environments they're creating without completely falling over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff